NBA, The Finals, Heat V Mavs

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Sainter, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Dallas (84) VS Miami (92) = Game 1
    Dallas (95) VS Miami (93) = Game 2
    Dallas (86) VS Miami (88) = Game 3

So with a lot of talk on AFL here and being into the NBA I thought I'd put up another forum on the NBA.

Well we're in the finals now, and the 4th game is on tomorrow night. With the HEAT leading the series 2-1 so far Dallas had better win to keep them in it. With Dallas winning a game it's officially a "First To 4" in the series.

I have picked in my view the best 3 players from each team and compared there stats so far in the season

MIAMI HEAT, TOP 3
    Game 1:
    James,LeBron = 24
    Wade, Dwyane = 22
    Bosh, Chris = 19
    TOTAL: 65/92

DALLAS MAVERICKS
    Game 1:
    Nowitzki, Dirk = 27
    Marion, Shaun = 16
    Terry, Jason = 12
    TOTAL: 55/84
    (Gone with Terry, because Kidd isn't a huge scorer)

MIAMI HEAT
    Game 2:
    James,LeBron = 20
    Wade, Dwyane = 36
    Bosh, Chris = 12
    TOTAL: 68/93

DALLAS MAVERICKS
    Game 2:
    Nowitzki, Dirk = 24
    Marion, Shaun = 20
    Terry, Jason = 16
    TOTAL: 60/95

MIAMI HEAT
    Game 3:
    James,LeBron = 17
    Wade, Dwyane = 29
    Bosh, Chris = 18
    TOTAL: 64/88

DALLAS MAVERICKS
    Game 3:
    Nowitzki, Dirk = 34
    Marion, Shaun = 10
    Terry, Jason = 15
    TOTAL: 59/86

FOR THE SERIES:

MIAMI HEAT TOP 3 = 197/283
    DALLAS MAVS TOP 3 = 174/275

So from this i see that Dallas have wider scoring options, but Heat's main 3 are too hard to stop. looking forward to tomorrow night, and I'm hoping that the Mavs win, don't support either side, but I want to witness a close series.
    Lets get some NBA Talk going.

Some Series Highlights Below http://www.nba.com/playoffs/2011/finals/index.html?ls=st&g=1&t=bs

2. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

Sainter, if you are interested, we do a run a NBA Too Serious league. For the season just gone we had 20 teams in our league. We use the ESPN fantasy basketball site. There is a live draft at the start of the year and you can trade players to other teams in your league. It was lot of fun this year and was a very tough league. We will start the league again this year sometime in September providing there is no lockout for the 11/12 season.

I am hoping that the Mavs bounce back in game 4. It would be great if they could win the finals in Game 7 in Miami to really stick it up Lebron.

3. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Steve, do I sign up now? or do I sign up in September?

4. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

Sainter, wait until September. I have put your details on my contact list. Either Anthak or I will contact you once we are about to start. Hopefully there is no lockout but it is not looking promising at the moment.

5. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Steve...

We also have an open thread going in the blog section, but I feel like I've been talking to myself in there lol

For anyone that's interested, click on the NBA category link on the right hand side of this and every page, then the most recent one is the open one.

6. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

I'd love to join the fantasy league if there isn't a lockout as well!

I've been watching the Finals with passion this year. I would like to see Lebron win a championship, mainly because Dallas beat my Lakers :(

7. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Looks like we have two frontrunners for elbonz and fzilla's spots...

Although, we are not sure what form the TS league(s) will take next season (if there is one).

We had a league of 20 this year, however there have been a few suggestions of other ideas. Maybe 2 leagues of 10, or a league of 20 and a league of 10... Not sure what will happen. We'll be able to work all that out closer to the time. Around September as we did this season.

Here's a link to the NBA comments over in the blog section:
    http://tooserious.net/heat-v-mavs-d...ts-fantasy-nba-champion-of-the-world#comments

Also, if you scroll up, there's a season review in there too.