Need some dough? Hope not.

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Hendy, Jun 24, 2008.

By Hendy on Jun 24, 2008 at 10:00 AM
  1. Hendy

Hendy Member

Decent rookies are as dry as a... drought affected dam. The only place youll find fresh meat this week is at the local butcher, cause the SuperCoach shop is running low. Valenti still cant get a gig in a Robbo and Nietz-less Melbourne forward line. And, all the others that are coming up are just plain shithouse like Nick Lower whos scores are exactly what his name suggests - low. But, cause Im a good bloke I will show the lack of rookies that are about.

<!--more-->
    Ok, I might have been abit harsh on Nick Lower off the top, better apologise before those teeth-less Port supporters start chasing after me. He has averaged a decent 36 and has a BE of -15. Not a bad pick up at 95k for those in need of a downgrading a back.&nbsp; And, with Power all but out of the finals race and Mark Williams love for young boys he might just play out the season.

Another two gamer is Alan Obst who has an average that bad, that he actually predicted to go down in price. Yes, you heard he is going to fall below his extra rookie price of 84k, wonder if thats ever happened before? I think thats the bloke that did hurt his lung in his debut game and only got 9 points but he only got a 21 on the weekend and he has got no excuse for that. In the end he might not be bad buy although you might have to wait a few more weeks until his price actually goes up. Or, Dean Never-Been-Laid-Ley could just play the good rookies like disco-biscuit SDT and giving first gamer Lachie Hansen another crack, who from all reports had an awesome game and picked up 58 points.

Downgrading a ruck? Didnt think so. But, for those who are, jump on Ben Renouf, this kid doesnt look to bad. Who is actually averaging more than Kreuzer. Not bad for 95k, and BE of -71.

We all heard about three debuants from St. Kilda. But other than the ruckmen Ben McEvoy (28 points), none are likely to hold there spot, but they might be worth looking at next week if they do. Midfielder Rob Eddy scored 59 points and&nbsp;defender Jarryd Allen notched up 44. Decent start, boys.

Last but definitely not least, Tom Collier. I dont know much about the kid, but with 86 points in his first AFL game. I will keep a close eye over him through the split round. If you like jumping on ya rookies early he is found in defence.

Dog tips:
    Downgrading back youve got Collier, Lower, Obst and Hansen to chose from. Who will get the most games? My guess is as good as yours but I say Lower. If you want to downgrade a midfielder all youve got is Eddy, and I cant see him getting a gig with Nicky Dal back. And, Callan Ward only jumped too 120k. Last chance, though. In the ruck, both Bens should get a decent amount of games. And, up forward youve got Allen and maybe Valenti.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Hendy, Jun 24, 2008.