New ORFFA Commish

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by TerryinBangkok, Sep 4, 2012.

1. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

A sad heart, indeed it is. WhateverhappenedtoX?

Anyway, let's move forward. Nominations are now open for a new ORFFA Commissioner and these nominations will close on 8pm AEST Friday 7 September. One coach, one nomination/vote. Send them to this thread please.

If anyone is madly against the idea, we can discuss it. But suggest the following:
    1. Minimum of 6 votes required for election (bit low, but suspect we will get a 40% turnout).
    2. Term is for one year, with an election being held at this time (finals) each year.
    3. Commish can do no more than two consecutive terms (none of that Putin stuff fellas).

Go for it!

PS. Fitzy is camping all week. Asked him to send me a nomination by PM. Nothing so far.

2. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

What happened to the triumvirate?

3. TerryinBangkok

You mean Abbott, Costello and Gillard? Too unwieldy to manage and was only to be a fill-in anyway. No idea what has happened to X, but has dragged on for too long now and we need to progress as there are a bunch of issues outstanding that have to be dealt with.

4. bama

bama Active Member

I nominate TiB, for life!!!

5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Jason on September 3, 2012, 19:00
    What happened to the triumvirate?</blockquote>

I really only suggested that as a bridge to include the absent Commish Jason, dulling the blade if you will, confident this time around we will see a 2IC nominated with the ability to actually step in and keep things moving..

My nomination is for Terry, as anyone would have gathered from previous posts, and I plan to hold him or any successful nominee to account :)

I am very happy and willing to assist in keeping this fun, involving and on track, I have zero interest in running it, I do enough of that in my day job.

Seriously though, and this may or may not be the place, props to X for getting this set-up, now let's build on it.

6. graeme

graeme Guest

For me TiB is the most sensible choice for Commish. He has unified when we were leaderless. I do not want to think about where we would be now without his input. I hope we get confirmation from all the managers - including X - that this is the way to make progress.

I think I see where you are coming from bama, but the two year sunset clause makes a lot of sense. Should there be no one else capable or willing we can alter the "constitution" at that time - not now.

7. bama

bama Active Member

The life part was a joke

8. J_C

J_C Guest

I also nominate TiB (I suspect a landslide is on the cards!).

<blockquote>Quote from Lenh191 on September 3, 2012, 20:17
    Seriously though, and this may or may not be the place, props to X for getting this set-up</blockquote>

Yep, second that Len. Huge thanks to X for his work. It was a massive effort on his part.

9. graeme

graeme Guest

my apology bama, my sense of humour (if I have one) went missing this afternoon.

10. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

My vote is for whoever wants the job (which takes myself and LenH by the looks out of the running). With the majority voting for Terry, I am happy to swing my vote that way also provided he wants the job.

Whoever wants the job will probably do the best job.

11. J_C

J_C Guest

<blockquote>Quote from ChiefRussell on September 3, 2012, 21:31
    My vote is for whoever wants the job (which takes myself and LenH by the looks out of the running). With the majority voting for Terry, I am happy to swing my vote that way also provided he wants the job.

Whoever wants the job will probably do the best job.</blockquote>

Probably rules me out too then, Chief. I don't even really like/want the job I get paid for!! :D

12. snoz

snoz Moderator

Hhmmm.......do I vote fot TiB or nuke chels, decisions decisions....

I have eknown :) TiB for a few years now, in fact he gave me the sNoZ moniker...when I gave him the TiB moniker. Last year when I (somewhat) hit rock bottom, it was Terry that reached out to me, numerous times. Honestly he knows me from Adam, but here he was reaching out & offering words of advice but more importanty encouragement.

I can think of no better person for the Commish....but I'd stil like to nuke my annexed buddy Chels :)

(( I also think that each coach next year has to write at least one weekly review...that job shoud not fall to one ))

13. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Simonoz on September 3, 2012, 22:28

I can think of no better person for the Commish....but I'd stil like to nuke my annexed buddy Chels :) </blockquote>

Seeing that you tried your best to nuke me and failed so miserably a few weeks ago sNoZ, I think it is only fair that you try another target and nuke chels :mrgreen:

14. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

I'm with the Chief, whoever wants to do it.

So TiB if you are happy to take it on, then you ahve my vote, likewise for anyone else (hey I can be bought out!)

15. TerryinBangkok

<blockquote>Quote from anthak on September 4, 2012, 15:40
    If so, I nominate Bama, Len and TiB. not to all do it, but to be able to be voted for.

If I can only nominate 1 - I nominate TiB </blockquote>

Can't see why not, but think some of those have already declined. Will stick this over in the elect Commish thread.

16. TerryinBangkok

<blockquote>Quote from Simonoz on September 3, 2012, 22:28

I have eknown :) TiB for a few years now, in fact he gave me the sNoZ moniker...when I gave him the TiB moniker. Last year when I (somewhat) hit rock bottom, it was Terry that reached out to me, numerous times. Honestly he knows me from Adam, but here he was reaching out & offering words of advice but more importanty encouragement.

I can think of no better person for the Commish....but I'd stil like to nuke my annexed buddy Chels :)

(( I also think that each coach next year has to write at least one weekly review...that job shoud not fall to one )) </blockquote>

I think the dog just pissed on the tucker box. Touching Snoz. Had forgotten about the exchange of monikers. I can say with all innocence I had no idea of the connotations of SNoZ at the time I let it loose. However, a real efriend would be trying to haul me outa this mess, not trying to bury me in it.

The nuking of chels presents a few logistical difficulties, the major one being that nukes are banned in New Zealand. Have been for a long time and so far they have displayed remarkable success at keeping them out. Of course there are always alternatives, as we witnessed at Christchurch. The other problem is that NZ is such a pretty place that it would be a pity to bomb it back to the stone age before I have had a chance to visit. Also, I am not very fond of radioactive lamb (I use a regular oven). Perhaps the solution is to snag chels an invite to next year's South Pacific Forum, to be held in the Marshall Islands, already highly radioactive thanks to your testing, so nobody should mind a bit more. With a bit of luck you might be able to take out a few FoneJone generals as well - in fact, take out the whole Fiji rugby team and Australia might be able to win something at last.

17. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

Do you actually want to do it Terry? :) If so then you have my vote. Otherwise I am happy for anyone other than Fitzy to do it. :)

18. TerryinBangkok

LOL. Haven't said no so far JB. Not exactly something you stick your hand up and campaign for. With X out of the equation it gives the deputy dawg a freer reign to keep the ship on course which is my current focus. But, if the marbles fall that way, guess I have to consider it. Not agin it, just don't have any desire to send out banknotes in the mail saying pick me, pick me.

19. graeme

graeme Guest

well I wonder who sent me the banknotes then?

Well done JB for actually asking if TiB was a potential candidate - I guess I (we?) just assumed that was the go. So rude, so remiss, such ORFFAly bad manners.

20. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

I'll nominate TiB as well. Think it is the logical choice.