NRL SuperCoach

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stephen247, Feb 13, 2012.

1. stephen247

stephen247 Member

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else is doing the NRL version of SuperCoach or if anyone would like to? If there is enough interest it would be good to start a TS league and try and beat the others at their own game...

2. weazel

weazel Member

yeah mate i'm in it dreamteam as well i find it easier than afl cracked top 1000 last year even though i no bugger all about nrl lol

3. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Yeah definitely keen. Ive got one more spare league in my NRL Supercoach so will join the TS league if you want to set one up. Had no idea NRL had a dreamteam aswell, so will make a team for that also. Is the scoring the same as the Supercoach Weazel?

4. weazel

weazel Member

no scoring is different good score in supercoach is 1100+ dreamteam if you get 700+ your flying. on closer inspection almost all stats are the same just awarded lower points in dt

5. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Come on guys, must be more NRL fans out there that are keen to take part in this.

6. stephen247

stephen247 Member

Hi guys,

Bumping this up. NRL is starting on Thursday - lets see how many people we can get.

Code: 865050

Cheers, S.

7. weazel

weazel Member

i'm in i'd laugh if you won top prize stephen they make you change your team name lol

8. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Nice guys, I get the feeling I'll be taking liberal advantage of the SC/DT Gold products to select my team for me though! :D

Also, I created a DT league as well if anyone is up for it. 682748

9. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

So I did some solid research last night and pretty happy with my SC squad leading up to the team announcements tomorrow. Does anyone know the main differences between SC and DT. What type of players should I be looking out for in DT? Looks to me like kickers will score a lot better in DT as there is no missed goal deductions, plus there is also kicking metres gained points for general play kicks.

10. stephen247

stephen247 Member

@ weazel. I'll probably end up changing my name - it was there to stir up my mate who got me into the NRL SC this year.

@walesy - welcome aboard Les! I wasn't going to do NRL DT... but seeing you insist! (So that makes teams in - SC, DT, Sportal, Sportsbet, NRL SC and NRL DT. I'm going to have to give up work!!!)

This will learning curve for all of us - but my mate was impressed with my team without his intervention. Just using the good old SC principles...

11. Smarch

Smarch Member

Just signed joined in guys, too many teams going already so wil ljust stick with SC at the moment.

In regards to players just a heads up on some of the superstars, C.Parker (Bris) has had a hammy injury that may see him drop in price early, but he is a NRL SC version of GAblett so good chance to keep kicking duties as well as charge through the injuries, missed very few games in his career.

Fensom (Can) has had shoulder surgery before pre-season but should be over it and continue to do well this season, you probably get more news on this but ditto for Cam Smith (Mel) although Bellamy did come out saying he will be eased into the season, although Cam Smith at 80% is on par with most other front Row players.

Although most would know from being such keen fantasy fans the basics are 2nd rowers are your work horses points wise, Front Rowers are generally solid without being outstanding, a few 5/8 & Halves can be big regular contributers and the Wing/Centres are all over the place with a few exceptions each season but even the best can pull out a 20 - 30 point game now and then, anything 50+ is good, anything 70+ is premium especially if that is their average.

Hope this helps anyone that is at a complete loss. GL all, even though I have played it the last few seasons I am only realising now what being (T)Serious about Fantasy football is after joing ing your ranks last year.

12. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

So what you get a point for a hitup or tackle, a point for a kick, a point for a backward pass, -5 for a forward pass, -5 for a knock on?

I'm not convinced league is the best game for fantasy.

13. stephen247

stephen247 Member

Just some tips I have garnered. I was told Cory Parker and Cam Smith are necessities for your team and locks for your C and VC. With Cam Smith have him as your VC when playing weaker teams as he gets rested. Against strong teams he plays the 80 mins. Adam Reynolds (Rabittohs) is almost a certain starter as a half back and only $87,500. Konrad Hurrell (NZ) is another $87,000 that should almost be a guaranteed starter. There are also a number of players coming in from playing in the UK. They are not rookie priced but underpriced for what they can produce - they'll play and make you money.

As for your bench, your four reserves score for your team - unlike ours, so you need to have them playing. With rookies you may just have to check the teams that come out tomorrow.

As I said these are just things I have been told and picked up from reading. Unfortunately there isn't a TS site for NRL!!!

Lucas - here's how they allocate point (some foreign words in there...)

HOW POINTS ARE SCORED
    STAT DESCRIPTION POINTS AWARDED/DEDUCTED
    Trys 15 Points
    Try Assists 10 Points
    Goals 4 Points
    Missed Goals -2 Points
    Field Goals 5 Points
    Missed Field Goals -1 Point
    Tackles 1 Point
    Missed Tackles -1 Point
    Offloads 4 Points
    Line Breaks 8 Points
    Line Break Assists 6 Points
    40/20 10 Points
    Hitups (all runs) 2 Points
    Penalties Conceded -2 Points
    Errors -2 Points
    Sin Bin/Send offs -8/-16 Points

(Sorry - tried to make it look better but can't ... :? )

14. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

I'd personally suggest staying away from Cam Smith. He is a great fantasy player but in a storm team that isn't going to be as strong as previous years, I can see his salary dropping a good $50K to start the season. And try and stay away from players who are going to play Origin as they will miss too many games throughout the season.

"Unfortunately there isn't a TS site for NRL!!!"
    Yes, there may not be a site as good as TS, but check this one out:
    www.nrlsupercoachtalk.com
    They know their stuff over there, and had 17 out of the top 20 leagues last year (I was in the top league)!! I've used them for the last couple of years and are very helpful. But I tell you what Walesy, it makes me appreciate this site alot more seeing how hard it is to navigate around that site!!

If you want to log onto their site tomorrow (Tuesday) night at 9pm AEST they will be holding a live cast detailing the team announcement and will give you a great insight as to which low priced players should be selected.

15. stephen247

stephen247 Member

Hi Unders - yep I have found nrlsupercoachtalk as well and used it for a fair bit of research. Didn't know about the discussion about teams, so I will be tuning in at 9. Thanks for the advice.

For byes and origin they have a bye planner to help. (This is what I used to base the bye planner spreadsheet for AFL SuperCoach.)

With your advice on Cam, that's where knowledge of the game will be an advantage and where some of us will struggle. There goes my goal of winning the comp...

16. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Yeah I have your AFL and their NRL bye planners sitting on my desktop!
    Not too sure how much they help at this stage of the season, but will definitely be using them as a basis for my trading in the early rounds of the season (please correct me if I am wrong with that thinking).
    There is also a podcast they made last week going through a lot of the most popular players in each position. I listened to that last night (it goes for 67 mins) and it helped quite a lot!

17. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

48 hours till lockout, lets fill these leagues:

NRL SC League code: 865050 - http://nrlfantasy.dailytelegraph.com.au/
    NRL DT League code: 682748 - http://dreamteam.nrl.com/

18. stephen247

stephen247 Member

Hi Unders and others in the league, How many changes did you make to your Team after the team lists were announced?

19. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Hey mate, yeah my team changed a whole heap. In AFL you have to decide between which rookie priced players to choose, in NRL you have to try and find them! There aren't many out there. I have decided to keep a few in my squad who haven't been named this round (Moga), but have tried not to have too many of them. Im around $50K from having my ideal squad, so I have to work out whether I am going to be taking a hit in my halves, fullback or second row position.

20. stephen247

stephen247 Member

I had James Graham in my team but seeing he was named on the bench I panicked and decided to put in Farah (your thoughts on that Unders). I also decided to load up in my 2RF - which is now Parker, Hindmarsh, Taia with Newton, Masoe and Austin on the bench. Centres also went through a bit of a change with Chambers being swapped for Ropati and then I changed Aubusson for Halatau. I left Hayne in but he's on my bench. To make some of those changes I needed money so swapped our Stanley for Tedesco (FB).

I was happy with my team before I made all the changes but now slightly worried that I have tried to overthink things and add in rookies that may not be regulars...