Number of trades remaining

Discussion in 'AFL' started by KTBFFH, May 2, 2012.

1. KTBFFH

KTBFFH New Member

Currently I have used 5, 19 remaining

Usually I would save up as many trades as possible for the end of the season, but with players such as Horsely etc set to bubble in the next couple of weeks, would it be ideal to begin downgrading players? (especially if one has used up as many trades as I have)

There are also players who will bottom out and become bargains, Pendlebury, Goddard, Buddy, Mitchell etc that could add value to a team that is ranked right up there.

How many trades would you want to have approaching the byes?

2. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

It's a hard question to answer: you really should have set up your initial team with the byes in mind. If you are only chasing a league win copping numerous donuts in those rounds is less of an issue - that's obviously not so for overall.

The way my team is set up I won't have to trade until after round 12 - unfortunately that's now pretty useless and academic for me as I'm way too far behind the overall leaders for it to make any material difference.

3. Sless

Sless New Member

I just upgraded D Smith to Pendles and have 17 left, really hope Dempsey comes up this week as I dont want to trade again for ages if I can help it!

4. Rufus

Rufus New Member

i got 19. Need to fix Fyfe debacle tho

5. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

19 but tossing up to make another trade to get Wilkes and Jack Riewoldt in.

6. DC

DC Member

Gonaddz why do you want Jack Riewoldt in? I traded him out of my team 2 weeks ago... too up and down for mine!!

7. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Cheap as chips now and just like Martin I think he will come good after all who would you rather have Jack Riewoldt or D. Smith?

8. DC

DC Member

Haha... thats a no brainer... you just have to figure out if its worth a trade +100k

9. Midge001

Midge001 Member

Jack Riewoldt hasn't been good for more than a tear and has less confidence than Justin Bieber in a prison shower. What, other than his price, makes you think he has an upside?

10. torcida

torcida Member

20 and fyfe to deal with - sitting inside top 50 with 145 in the bank ... who to pick already got dangerfield - franklin - cloke - sidebottom - goodes and j.riewoldt ... forwards major headache this yr

11. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Lets just say a little birdy told me some interesting info that the good times are gonna be rolling in but just might wait to trade him in until next week after all who comes near his talent for his price?

12. torcida

torcida Member

gonazzd -
    j.b ;)

13. torcida

torcida Member

gonazzd -
    stevie j gettin there as well ;)

14. obleex

obleex New Member

Would love some advice guys. Having a real mare this season!

Here's my team as it stands right now:

DEF Deledio Goddard Scotland Broughton Bugg Clarke Lake (Morris Ellis)

MID: Pendles Boyd Magner Shiel McDonald Treloar (Ablett C.Smith)(

RUCK: Cox Giles (Mumford Redden)

FWD: Franklin Goodes Sidebottom Martin Milera D.Smith Hall (Smedts Kennedy)

19 trades left at the moment -

Is Mumford > Stephenson;
    C.Smith > Any premium mid (would someone like Cotch as a POD be a good shout?)

Only issue is it would leave me with 17 trades - is that too few for this stage in the year?? (Damn you Fyfe, Carazzo, Mumford, Ablett etc etc :p)

15. Midge001

Midge001 Member

<blockquote>Quote from obleex on May 2, 2012, 18:15
    Would love some advice guys. Having a real mare this season!

Here's my team as it stands right now:

DEF Deledio Goddard Scotland Broughton Bugg Clarke Lake (Morris Ellis)

MID: Pendles Boyd Magner Shiel McDonald Treloar (Ablett C.Smith)(

RUCK: Cox Giles (Mumford Redden)

FWD: Franklin Goodes Sidebottom Martin Milera D.Smith Hall (Smedts Kennedy)

19 trades left at the moment -

Is Mumford > Stephenson;
    C.Smith > Any premium mid (would someone like Cotch as a POD be a good shout?)

Only issue is it would leave me with 17 trades - is that too few for this stage in the year?? (Damn you Fyfe, Carazzo, Mumford, Ablett etc etc :p)</blockquote>

I look at it this way, you've got the following upgrades to do per line:
    B: 2, maybe 3
    M: 2
    R: 0
    F: 3

Supposing true upgrades (one down, one up)
    7 upgrades = 14 trades. 8 upgrades = 16 trades.

If you drop to 17 trades now, you leave yourself with only 3 trades (or 1!) for LTIs.

It's going to make you a certainty to cop a donut at some point, or finish with an incomplete team.

Honestly I think 19 is bare bones at this point of the season, although with injuries it's hard to be helped.

FWIW I have 22 trades left at the moment, that includes a trade out of Fyfe.

That said I also have Kerridge & Dickson sitting on my bench, but nobody really grabs me to warrant those trades yet. Kerridge > Horsely may happen next week, however.

I really do think that with the multi-byes, and limited numbers from last year, people are forgetting just how important trades in the bank are going to be.

16. Turbs

Turbs New Member

Im on 19 with gaz and mummy ... havent had much luck with my main team

17. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

I'm on 19 as well, including two trades made this week (Hale->Big O, Shiel->Pendles).

Other trades have been Fyfe out after the first shoulder pop and two rookie corrections. However I still have Dickson (keeping the faith).

Got Ablett on the bench, and decided to hold Broughton early on, as well as Dempsey and Shaw - who finally return this week! Back over 2200 I go! (fingers crossed)

18. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

I have 21 with Ablett on the bench. Have already wasted one on the Mummy to Sandi to Nic Nat. Getting Nic Nat got me the win in all my leagues. Will probably use 1 if not 2 this week (looking at Guthrie to Wilkes and then I have &#36;340 000 in the bank)

19. Chicko

Chicko New Member

I'm on 19 after dealing with Fyfe today (had Mummy as well). I'm debating if i should do something with Dickson. Was thinking Pfeiffer but might sit tight for one more week to get a look at Sam Shaw in DEF, Horsley in Mids and Taylor Adams Mid/Fwd as a MPP.

@midge - I think that is exactly right. Hence why I'm thinking of sitting on Dickson for now. Saving at least 16 trades. which leaves me 3 for further injuries.

But keen to hear thoughts?

20. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from H_Dons on May 2, 2012, 20:20
    I'm on 19 as well, including two trades made this week (Hale->Big O, Shiel->Pendles).

Other trades have been Fyfe out after the first shoulder pop and two rookie corrections. However I still have Dickson (keeping the faith).

Got Ablett on the bench, and decided to hold Broughton early on, as well as Dempsey and Shaw - who finally return this week! Back over 2200 I go! (fingers crossed) </blockquote>

Tempted by the Hale swap myself, Dons - also did the Shiel/Pendles one too. Hale does have an easier run up until the bye in terms of the Hawks draw. He was poor last week though after kicking two goals in the first 10 minutes of the game - he actually doesn't lack for effort however. It will be interesting to see what the Hawks do with their big man setup - Hale basically played as an out and out forward against the Swans which really affected his scoring potential. I'm giving him another week even though he's projected to fall in price by &#36;30k or so after this round; he's played the Pies, the Cats, West Coast away and the Swans - but scored heavily (for him) in the blow out against the Swans.

Interestingly some Hawks supporters are talking about him being dropped from the side: can't see that myself because their ruck stocks are razor thin.