[OFFICIAL] Platinum League Thread

Discussion in 'Leagues' started by walesy, Feb 2, 2012.

1. ILoveDavidNeitz

ILoveDavidNeitz New Member

I can't exactly remember where I was ranked but I averaged 2080 in 2011, my highest score for the season was I think 2,300 and something. I want some great contests this season. Where's the code? and I will sign up

2. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Woah, mistakes were made- accidents happened and the thread got deleted.

Thank goodness Bob is a legend.

Just to give the spiel again, the Platinum league is the ultimate challenge. Consisting of only the best coaches in the land, it's an invite only league based on past performances.

The criteria is pretty tough, either a top 200 finish last year, or a top 1000 finish in the past two years. (Though if it comes to filling the last few spots, I'm sure we'll be able to stretch it a little if needs be.)

So yeah, post in the thread your rankings and we'll get the leagues drawn up soon!

Current list

SC
    Yamum - 2
    Matty_C - 11 (546)
    d__man85 - 14
    Dirty_Whorks - 40
    ExPrez - 42
    The_General - 44
    GZella - 46
    zeddog - 49
    frostylane - 57 (674)
    Bob - 58
    buzzboys - 73
    Delirious - 76 (?)
    frosty - 76 (?)
    Holey - 114
    mickscroll - 130 (95)
    Johnson - 164
    Yani - 200
    martini - 187
    tyze1 = 220
    dheathco - 321
    thokash - 351 (20)
    Don_Cottagers - 789 (150)
    WindyHillWizard - 1728 (123)
    LiQuiD_SiXx - 3874 (top 100)

DT
    r - 93
    Bob - 108
    tyze1 - 220
    LiQuiD_SiXx - 422 (top 50)
    buzzboys - 480
    martini - 519
    Sainterz - 613 (278)
    Don_Cottagers - 1297 (top 500)
    stkildathunda - 'terrible'

3. walesy

Oh, and I'd just posted this prior to the deletion...

wow, the way this is going, my 110 ain't going to make the cut! :D

I'll give it a couple more days, then draw up a first and second (cause seriously, this is some serious quality) - So don't go filling that spot, if you meet the criteria, there will be a high-level-competition league here for ya!

although thinking about it, perhaps simply creating two league codes, then sending them both out to everyone and letting you join one - enabling a mix of awesome coaches would work well as well.

(Though the thought of a league full of 18/last years top 100 does make me smile. :D)

Any thoughts?

4. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

252 for me.

If you doubt my honesty, that's very wise of you, but you're wrong on this occasion.

5. ILoveDavidNeitz

My average was 2080 in 2011 and I was ranked in the 700's I am pretty sure and my highest score for the year was in the 2300's. There was only 1 week I was below 2000 and that was in the 1st round of the season. I won 4 out of 5 leagues, the 1 that I lost in I was in the grand final and lost but not by much. I am so pumped this season and I want to be in the best leagues there are availble. PLEASE PUT ME IN!!!

6. Lethaldons

Lethaldons New Member

Hi Guys

Be happy to jump in on the league if possible , finished 22 last year was 11 heading into the last round, still havent forgiven the hawks!!!

7. walesy

That's looking like a DT Type of score yeah Neitz?

8. ILoveDavidNeitz

No it was SuperCoach. So am I going to be in there?

9. walesy

hmmm, it might be better to run in one of the non-platinum leagues.

You have to realise that the majority of these guy averaged 2300 last year, which you'd have to admit is a big gap in play.

That said though, this is the kind of calibre that we get at TS, so much so that *any* of the non-Platinum leagues will be a huge challenge. Heck, we had 30 of the top 50 leagues last year.

10. ILoveDavidNeitz

11. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

I'm not good enough for this league in SC that's for sure. Looking pretty much like if anyone wants to they can join DT though, so I'd suggest this one be called something other than Platinum.

Maybe Copper

In terms of the second league, I think TS Diamonds League would be a more than appropriate name to distinguish value.

Certainly not like other mobs who probably have 10 of the same players in each league called "Fantasy FFC" or something similar, just so they can try to break the TS dominance of the market.

Sorry, just like old Jockie Reynolds trying to muscle on in, the market has chosen TooSerious for leagues, that's just how it is.

12. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

13. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Yes, we're ALL ELITE on TS.

14. Bob

Bob New Member

<blockquote>Quote from walesy on February 2, 2012, 12:24although thinking about it, perhaps simply creating two league codes, then sending them both out to everyone and letting you join one - enabling a mix of awesome coaches would work well as well.

(Though the thought of a league full of 18/last years top 100 does make me smile. :D)

Any thoughts?
    </blockquote>

I'd prefer the 'best of the best' option Walesy, even though newbies will probably push me out of the top league, based on this list: http://tooserious.net/forum?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=1198.0

15. walesy

Yeah, that's it Bob - if they all get on here before I hand the codes out, it's gunna be a tough league to roll in.

That said though, as mentioned before, I reckon we'll fill up to two leagues, then hand out codes. Found last year that we left it too long, and some people committed to other leagues and the like.

16. bigshow

bigshow Member

Hey boys, would love a crack at the platinum league, had a good year in 2011, finishing 48th with Lamb Shanks, and a solid effort in 2010, finishing 737th with Mixed Grill. Hope its enough to secure a spot.
    Cheers!

17. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

Hey guys, I finished 709th last year and am hoping for an even better year this year! It looks like I won't cut it for the platinum league, but if there is a 2nd tier league, I'd be keen!

18. Thunda

Thunda New Member

Got to 432 then the team went down the tubes and finished 8660. :(

19. yasi

yasi New Member

Hi all, count me in for SuperCoach if 31st for Clarko's Crew in 2011 makes the grade.

20. ILoveDavidNeitz

I averaged 2310 in 2010 (true) with a highest score of 2535 I think and won all leagues. PLEASE?