ORFFA Franchise Available

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by TerryinBangkok, Sep 10, 2012.

1. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

We have gone beyond the time with X. Would very much like him back in here, but we can't hang about. I thus propose that we adopt the idea of Blue Believer nursing the Penguins through 2013. There has been general agreement with the thrust of this in the other threads. He will have the usual voting rights accorded a coach.

The second issue is what to do about Big Lance. For me the memories are still fresh from the big draft and there is a record of 4 occasions of not entering a team without apology. My concern stems from up coming activities (e.g., delisting - if Lance does not respond, it stuffs it up for everyone else). My proposal is that we release Big Lance from his responsibilities as coach of Namatjira and open the franchise to a new owner. Fitzy says he has a couple of potential coaches in his pocket, one of whom he feels confident would be active.

So, the proposal on the table at the moment is that we vote YES (BL is out) or NO (BL stays in). It will require 50% of coaches for it to be confirmed either way (based on the turnout for Commish election).

In the event of a YES vote, we would then require a short proposal from Fitzy regarding his nominee and we would in turn have to vote on that (50% again).

Do it here please folks. Views or votes in the wrong thread will not be considered.

2. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

While I am loath to vote people out particularly if they don't have any right of reply, it has been incredibly frustrating playing against zeros to end the season and will be even more annoying during the off season as we all get stuck into the trade period/delisting period. With my own AFL team not making finals and fantasy football over for the year I have nothing else to think about football wise apart from trading and delisting so the sooner I can do something about this "terrible itch" the better from a completely selfish standpoint.

Have either X or BL been seen in any other board posts over the last few weeks. I'd feel terrible if some sort of personal issue had befallen them. If it was laziness or SOL, then not so much.

While I have nothing against BB at all (I'm sure he is a good Carlton supporter like me) will the ORFFL allow him to be coaching a franchise in the "other" league?

My tentative vote is for YES, but would love to hear from BL and X (as I'm sure we all would) so that I can change this vote to a NO.

3. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

I vote yes, really want an active keeper league and they are stopping us. Wouldn't mind hearing why they havn't been on though. Does anyone know Xeno personally at all? And what will happen if they appear the day after we sign up BB and potentially my mate

By the way my mate wants to do this, he has confirmed it. He finished the season in Supercoach ranked in the 600's and visits TS reguarly, but doesn't activaly post in the forums, he tends to just read the articles. But that can be changed! I 100% guarentee his team will be in each week. Any other questions about him? Obviously I vote yes to bringing him in.

4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I know that BL was online only 2 weeks ago, whilst I agree his focus is occasionally less than desirable I don't see a need for an itchy trigger on him right now, we have until Feb before we delist?
    I would like to give him a chance to advise whether he can commit to managing the team full-time or if that's not an option for him, and take him at his word either way. If we are voting this week on him I vote No.

Xeno I can't see last time he was on, but in his case he took on the responsibility of running this show and then has been unable to do so, or advise why, more responsibility = more issue for us if not met, as we have seen and thus a sharper blade is reasonable. I am not keen on BB taking over the team on a permanent basis, but only because it would screw the World Series if the Quolls and the (Penguins?) were to be playing... I kind of like the idea of him "minding" the team for a while while we see if Xeno can get out from under the rock, I guess how long the while is isn't overly important until World Series time :)

5. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

I'm pretty sure that 2 weeks ago BL didn't enter a team though Lenh?

6. TerryinBangkok

Couple of concerns I can see here. Everyone has the right of reply. But if they are not communicating with us then, by their choice, they are not exercising that right. It is on them, not us.

BB has stated quite clearly that he would mind the Penguins. It goes without saying that if X. returned with some logical explanation for his extended disappearance, then BB would flip the Penguins back. As I do not object to any Super Coach playing Dream Team, I cannot see why anyone in ORFFL would object to BB minding a team in ORFFL, particularly given the basis of the offer. And let's not forget. It was an offer to help.

Big Lance is not the only one. There are a couple of others on the "fringe". Being online only two weeks ago is a bit irrelevant when that opportunity two weeks ago was not used to (a) enter a team or (b) offer a reason for not doing so. A strong message is necessary for fringe players. If you are not committed to ORFFA there are those waiting in the wings who are. It goes without saying that my first priority has to be the strengthening of ORFFA and shoring up this otherwise leaky boat. Surely that is what the election was about?

Big Lance, in due course, would receive a mail from me. If he responds and can offer both explanations and commitment, there is no reason why our collective decision cannot be reviewed.

7. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

I am not a fan of pulling the trigger on Big Lance just yet... however there are critical periods coming up. Can someone reach out to him to see if he is around?

8. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from ChiefRussell on September 9, 2012, 20:09
    While I have nothing against BB at all (I'm sure he is a good Carlton supporter like me) will the ORFFL allow him to be coaching a franchise in the "other" league? </blockquote>

I have no problem with any ORFFL coach participating in as many keeper leagues as they can handle. I can't obviously speak for every other ORFFL coach here, but I would be very surprised if my view was not shared.

I would also be happy to put my hand up (as it appears BB has already done) to 'shepherd' any ORFFA franchise along that might be in some need of direction.

9. G-Train

G-Train Member

Happy for Xeno to suckle on BB's teet for a while.
    Big Lance gets the boot from me. 4 times is 3 too many.

10. Kel

Kel Moderator

No issue from the TLP management regarding BB's involement in ORFFA.

11. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Happy for BB to nurse a team for a year, and if he wants, take it over completely. It's his fantasy.

Here's the thing though.

The ORFFL concept is expanding, and there are plans for a crossover Champions League to be run concurrently. We can't have a coach in the ORFFL coaching against himself in the ORFFA (I mean we can, but we're not going to). So here are the options:

a) BB takes over MBP on a year loan and we postpone ORFFL Champions League to 2014

b) BB takes over MBP permanently and we cut the ORFFA out of the proposed ORFFL Champions League

c) Someone else takes over the MBP (or BB ditches his beloved Queenstown for the Antarctic) and the ORFFL Champions League proceeds in 2013.

12. Len

Most excellent to hear Hornsy, I am sure our new appointed Commish is onboard also :)
    From the outset it has been my hope that the leagues would interact, and thus my stated concern regarding someone coaching a team in more than 1 league.

So, with regard to your options; I vote C over A and am not interested in a B outcome.

For this reason foremost I am also of the belief that we should stick to 18 teams.

13. TerryinBangkok

Onboard what!!!

It seems there is a Champions League, planned in isolation, set to go next season and called ORFFL. How does ORFFL plan to run a cross-over league with option b)?

I for one cannot comment on any options if I don't know they are the only options. We need full revelation of the details of the planned Champions League before we are able to consider our position and seek resolution. Being all-seeing and all-knowing is fine in and of itself, however, we are supposed to be cooperating on this thing.

14. Len

:p Peace and Harmony, don't you just love it...

15. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

How is this for an idea?

My mate takes over Mawson Base, as it seems like Xeno won't be coming back, BB can take over Big Lance's team while we wait to here from Big Lance, because by the sound of things, Lance was online 2 weeks ago, whereas Xeno hasnt been only for a fair bit longer then that. So if Big Lance does come back, then he just takes over his team again?

Just throwing ideas out here while we can, I'm sure there are many pro's and con's to the idea.

16. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

<blockquote>Quote from TerryinBangkok on September 10, 2012, 15:27
    Onboard what!!!

It seems there is a Champions League, planned in isolation, set to go next season and called ORFFL. How does ORFFL plan to run a cross-over league with option b)?

I for one cannot comment on any options if I don't know they are the only options. We need full revelation of the details of the planned Champions League before we are able to consider our position and seek resolution. Being all-seeing and all-knowing is fine in and of itself, however, we are supposed to be cooperating on this thing. </blockquote>

Easy ,Tiger.

The basic idea is thus:

Assuming the 2013 is the same/similar to 2012's.

- take the Top8 from 2 leagues at the midseason break (R11-13), making 16 teams.
    - 4 seeded groups of 4 teams play each other twice (6 matches).
    - The top2 teams from each group (8 teams) go into a seeded knockout stage to the determine the Champions League winner (8/4/2=3 weeks).
    - Meaning a 9 week fixture culminating in ORFFL PF weekend (R22).

Plan B works with the possible creation of a 3rd league (SORFFL/NORFFA).

If y'all are keen, let me know.

17. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

Champions League sounds great Hornsy :) I am sure you two can work out the details in your 1,000,000 post long bromance thread!

Big Lance gets a boot from me. Nothing against the guy but he had 4 zeros. He hasnt posted in 1 thread in months? He didnt vote in any of our elections. He hasnt sent anyone a PM.

Terry can you PM him and see if you can get a reply? My PM's go straight to my email. No reason he wont see it. If he chooses not to reply then why keep him around?

I am all for being fair but is he even interested?

18. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

I too have concerns about Big Lance's commitment to Sparkle Motion.

4 lots of zeroes is a lot. I managed 1 lot of zeroes unconsciously, but ... look, if push comes to shove I can't in all honesty say that I feel the situation would improve in 2013 (barring an explanation being forthcoming from Big Lance).

For now I say we might offer his franchise elsewhere.

X - again - no contact makes it hard. But i feel similarly. No explanation forthcoming - then we probably need to make a move.

19. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

I vote Yes.

The rest is up for consideration once the details are presented.

I intend to stay active. Unfortunately my TS is being rather petulant and over the last couple of weeks is working very slowly. Hence my recent slow down.

20. graeme

graeme Guest

I would like some certainty about where we are going.

For mine, X is gone; let's acknowledge his input and move on.

Big Lance is close to gone. No contact from him this week after everyone who has "befriended" him trying to contact him would seal it for me. He was slow during the initial draft from memory - didn't he work nights?

Can see some merit in Fitzy's proposal - BB runs BL's team while he is in limbo; Fitzy's mate takes over X's franchise.