ORFFA Round 9 Review

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Bandit, May 19, 2021.

By Bandit on May 19, 2021 at 2:50 PM
  1. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Ahhh Fellowship round… where we raise a glass to our brethren and thank them for their wit, advice, banter and general mateship.

Just like J. R. R. Tolkein in The Fellowship Of The Ring, every year we embark on a quest. 18 coaches all trying to get to that big mountain off in the distance that is the ORFFA premiership.

I’m writing the review this week… all abuse, cajoling and editorial corrections are welcome.

Waikikamoocow Incorrigibles 1146 defeated Iron Knob Codpieces 1058

The Cows come from the land of the Long White Cloud, which served as the stunning backdrop for the movie adaptation of Tolkein’s classic. On the field, the Cows were average, in that they had 10 players score between 70 and 100. That proved to be the difference as Jim’s mob had a few drop into the 60’s, and a donut from Riewoldt didn’t help. The patrons at the Bulls Hit were happy with the win.

Tons
    Cows: Crouch, Robinson
    Cods: Scrimshaw, Greenwood, Darling

Shit:
    Cows: Burton, Hibberd, Orazio
    Cods: Quaynor, Nelson, Gibbons, Mihocek

Whitsunday Warriors 1224 defeated by Marble Bar Misfits 1372

The Warriors, when kitted up in their historic war uniform, have been likened to a horde of ugly orcs coming out from the gates of Mordor. The Misfits are a bit of a mishmash of all sorts, but predominantly orange, like Gimli the Dwarf… and smashed through the warriors like Gimli’s axe went through many an orc helm.

Tons
    Warriors: Boak, Wines, McInerney, Dixon
    Misfits: Daniel, Kelly, Hickey, Naitanui, Flynn

Shit
    Warriors: Cameron
    Misfits: Farrell

Charlies Opening Spelunkers 1165 defeated Wineglass Bay Packers 1001

The Spelunkers are true Cavemen like Gollum, and occasionally pop up and come into the light, revealing their pasty white complexions, and fascination for shiny objects. This time they stole a win from Wineglass Bay in another Apple Isle battle. The upper end of the Spelunkers got the job done, with big Lurch Darcy starting to reward the patience of the Commish. Packers improving, although I dare say not as quickly as the coach would have hoped.

Tons
    Cavemen: Short, The Bont, Merrett, Darcy
    Packers: Baker, McGrath

Shit
    Cavemen:
    Packers: Taylor, Riccardi

Foul Bay Chickens 1363 defeated Gundagai Grasshoppers 1125

The battle of the heavyweights was something that lived up to a lot of promise, just like the Battle of Isengard vs The Ents. However, it was a white wash, with Snoz’s guns being let down by the average rabble around them. Chooks bask in the blue light of victory.

Tons
    Chooks: Cunnington, Goldstein, Cousins
    Hoppers: Mills, Oliver, McLuggage, Billings, Grundy

Shit
    Chooks:
    Hoppers: Weitering, Himmelberg, O’Brien, Henry, Powell

Wagga Wagga Wombats 1235 defeated Nareewillock Nuffers 881

Lenny takes the chocolates against the Nuffers… wombats are similar to the Kine of Araw which were a type of wild ox that lived near the Sea of Rhûn. Don’t think they had square poo though.

Tons
    Wombats: Ridley, Cumming, Curnow, Langdon, Swallow, Cripps
    Nuffers: Redman, McDonald

Shit
    Wombats: Crozier, Pickett
    Nuffers: Long, Lazzaro, Jones

Nowhere Else Wanderers 1195 defeated by Gariwerd Cockatoos 1227

The Cockies nick a win even with two donuts. The Wanderers are aiming to be more like Aragorn, and less like a Ranger…. but this may take time before they realise their real potential.

Tons
    Wanderers: Hind, McStay
    Cockies: Laird, Birchall, Guthrie, Drew, Tuohy, Hall

Shit
    Wanderers: Powell
    Cockies:

Cradle Mountain Devils 1386 defeated Lovely Banks Lilacs 1191

No ruck made Jen’s task a little difficult. A bit like Rosie Cotton’s job trying to seduce Samwise Gamgee in the tavern. It’s hard to be the centre of attention when you don’t have a focal point. Devils doing what devils do…. Will push the guys at the top this year… watch this space. Losing Marshall hurts though.

Tons
    Devils: Steele, Hopper, Nankervis, Zorko the magnificent, Redden
    Lilacs: Duncan, Parish, Ross, Heeney

Shit
    Devils: Marshall
    Lilacs: Jonas, Wilkie

Birdsville Battlers 1129 defeated by Larrikin Lagoon Lefties 1286

Lefties screw up their tanking…. Like Pippin and Merry letting of Gandalf’s fireworks accidentally… it was enjoyed by everyone else, but not by the owner with the MSD around the corner. JC licking his wounds, but all is not lost with the likes of Rowbotham coming good. Oleg Markov’s moustache is a disgrace, but hey, so are 75% of the AFL haircuts.

Tons
    Battlers: Doedee, Witherden, Rowbottom
    Lefties: Hardwick, Markov, Cox, Simpkin, Logue

Shit
    Battlers: Robertson, Moore, Battle, Berry
    Lefties:Rankine

Mount Beauty Uglies 1383 defeated Venus Bay Vultures 1194

Forlong was the Lord of the lands of Lossarnach, and was famed for his enormous girth (hence the name 'Forlong the Fat'). Our own Heavymen was heard to be very excited at the Uglies victory, and his tremendous waistline jumping with joy was the apparent reason for many a drink being spilled in the bar. Fitzy unlucky at the moment.

Tons
    Uglies: Salem, Maynard, Walsh, Petracca, Graham, Gawn, Martin, Pittonet
    Vultures: Docherty, Crisp

Shit
    Uglies: Balta
    Vultures: Pickett

Last edited: May 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 7

Comments

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Bandit, May 19, 2021.

1. graeme
      graeme
      a fine series of tales you have spun Banditto Tolkien. Remembering all those weird names may be why I didn't finish the book.
      • Like Like x 1
    2. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Excellent - thank you. More a trilogy than a review.

Sadly our pre-match haka had no effect on the Misfits.
      [​IMG]
      • Like Like x 6
    3. anthak
      anthak
      Thanks
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Len
      Len
      Proudly dwarven :)
      • Like Like x 1
    5. snoz
      snoz
      Good stuff el Bandito.....Hoppers running out of fit players. So sad....
      • Like Like x 2
    6. HeavyMen
      HeavyMen
      8FAD8826-D459-4E5D-B67F-C2BE5DD8E48C.jpeg
      Excellent write up Bandit, Jen's mob kicked us into gear, great response to a loss last week Bama :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    7. HeavyMen
      HeavyMen
      Hmm not sure if I have attached my little joke correctly. Feel free to tidy up if any mods about
      • Like Like x 1
    8. anthak
      anthak
      only @Jen and I turned up in the chat, and not even at the same time as each other haha :(
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    9. Bandit
      Bandit
      I don’t even know what the chat link is…
    10. snoz
      snoz
      Me neither !! o_O
      • Like Like x 1
    11. JC
      JC
      Thanks, @Bandit . Happy enough with the score given I had 4 players OOP. Should have only been 3 (and would not have made a difference to the result) but that's how well I'm going at the moment! :)
      • Like Like x 1
    12. Jen
      Jen
      I didn't know either until Chris showed me
      • Like Like x 2
    13. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Apols missed the fellowship orgy.
      Thanks for the spiel bandit, not sure if we’re tanking, anti-tanking or pseudo anti-tanking.
      Whichever, still looks disgusting.
      • Like Like x 1
    14. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      The Chat has seen a demise over the last couple of years. It was at times exciting during matchday, but it also had a downside with arguments and insults sometimes occurring, resulting in some people departing TS. Not good. I sometimes glance at the chat on FanFooty and it can get nasty, or plain dumb, at times. Seems to have died a natural death on TS.
      • Like Like x 3