ORFFA Squad Expansion Draft Process & Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Firstly, this is how it will be, I am sure a learned gathering of 18 bush lawyers will come up with at least 5 different methods of approach, all better by the width of Bass Strait, however it's my role to try to make calls fair to all participants, thus whilst argument on the process outlined is futile, pointing out factual errors is always welcome.... As a result of the recent discussion, voting outcomes and subsequent decision made by the incumbent ORFFAcommissionerwe are increasing our squad sizes to 28 from the current 26.

Firstly the picks will not be made in reverse ladder order.

This Saturday, at 1.40pm the Greater Western Sydney Giants will play host to the Geelong Cats at Skoda Stadium, the outcome of this contest will have far greater impact than the participants can possibly know...

By noon AEST on Saturday all ORFFA coaches are required to post in this thread their selections for the winner, margin, and total number of goals kicked for the game. (Any coaches who do not provide their three choices will be assigned picks below those who do, in reverse ladder order) I will try to ctc via PM anyone I see has missed to ensure fairness.

The coach whom has picked the winner and is closest to the correct margin will have first pick in the first round, the second closest will go next, and so on to 18 -Round 2, of 2, shall be done in the reverse order to round 1.
    Should coaches decide for some bizarre yet personally important reason choose the same margin and winner as another coach, the closest selection to the correct total number of goals will be the decider on that call only.
    If that is still even (Single White Female anyone??) the person lowest on ORFFA ladder position will win that contest, I was just going to pick the person I like the most, but it's too short a time frame for adequate bribery....

[span style='font-size: 14px; text-decoration: underline;]These picks cannot be traded.

I will post the official two round draft order below once it has been established.

This draft will commence immediately after the completion of the MSD, which genuinely wont take long, we have 26 compulsory picks for the MSD and are unlikely to do much more than double that total.
    This is run within the framework of a once only alteration to the standard draft process,the 2014 PSD is expected to be a single draft.

That's the end of the official bit This has been a barrow of mine for a long time and I would like to personally acknowledge the coaches who did not vote in the affirmative, at no stage did (or do) I feel the opposition was invalid, I hope that you find a way to gain benefit for your squad from the change, a divided house is home to noone.
    I acknowledged that the pool for this draft is not as deep as it will be in preseason 2014, at which point you can delist 6, or more, and draft 'better ones' if that is your wont...

My wife and I will be at the game on Saturday to ensure the scorers don't screw up Let the games begin :)
    <table border='0' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='548' style='border-collapse: collapse; width: 412pt;] <col width='69' span='2' style='width: 52pt;[/img] <col width='205' span='2' style='width: 154pt;[/img]
    <td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt; width: 52pt;]Round 1 <td class='xl71' style='width: 52pt;]Pick 1 <td class='xl72' style='width: 154pt;]Current Team <td class='xl72' style='width: 154pt;]Player Selected

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]1 <td class='xl71]1 Venus Bay <td class='xl72]Alexander Fasolo

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]1 <td class='xl71]2 Iron Knob <td class='xl72]Ben Sinclair

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]1 <td class='xl71]3 Powlett plains <td class='xl72]Max Gawn

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]1 <td class='xl71]4 Gundagai <td class='xl72]Nick Hayes

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]1 <td class='xl71]5 Gariwerd <td class='xl72]Zach Tuohy

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]1 <td class='xl71]6 Lovely Banks <td class='xl72]Josh Saunders

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]1 <td class='xl71]7 Darraweit Guim <td class='xl72]Thomas Ledger

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]1 <td class='xl71]8 Charlie's Opening <td class='xl72]Sam Grimley

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]1 <td class='xl71]9 Whitsundays <td class='xl72]Brodie Murdoch

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]1 <td class='xl71]10 Wagga Wagga <td class='xl72]Rhys Palmer

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]1 <td class='xl71]11 Foul Bay <td class='xl72]Jack Hannath

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]1 <td class='xl71]12 Birdsville <td class='xl72]Daniel Currie

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]1 <td class='xl71]13 Waikikamoocow <td class='xl72]Callum Sinclair

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]1 <td class='xl71]14 Mount Beauty <td class='xl72]Joshua Green

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]1 <td class='xl71]15 Marble Bar <td class='xl72]Tom Young

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]1 <td class='xl71]16 Cradle Mountain <td class='xl72]Alipate Carlile

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]1 <td class='xl71]17 Larrikin Lagoon <td class='xl72]Taylor Duryea

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]1 <td class='xl71]18 Nunawading <td class='xl72]Jeremy Laidler

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]2 <td class='xl71]19 Nunawading <td class='xl72]Nick Haynes

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]2 <td class='xl71]20 Larrikin Lagoon <td class='xl74]Daniel Talia

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]2 <td class='xl71]21 Cradle Mountain <td class='xl70]Tim Membrey

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]2 <td class='xl71]22 Marble Bar <td class='xl72]Zachary Williams

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]2 <td class='xl71]23 Mount Beauty <td class='xl72]Dylan Grimes

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]2 <td class='xl71]24 Waikikamoocow <td class='xl72]Tom Logan

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]2 <td class='xl71]25 Birdsville <td class='xl72]Jesse White

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]2 <td class='xl71]26 Foul Bay <td class='xl72]Daniel Menzel

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]2 <td class='xl71]27 Wagga Wagga <td class='xl72]Jeremy Mcgovern

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]2 <td class='xl71]28 Whitsundays <td class='xl72]Jack Frost

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]2 <td class='xl71]29 Charlie's Opening <td class='xl72]Shane Savage

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]2 <td class='xl71]30 Darraweit Guim <td class='xl70]Domenic Cassisi

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]2 <td class='xl71]31 Lovely Banks <td class='xl70]Adam Oxley

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]2 <td class='xl71]32 Gariwerd <td class='xl72]Karmichael Hunt

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]2 <td class='xl71]33 Gundagai <td class='xl72]Sam Dunell

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]2 <td class='xl71]34 Powlett plains <td class='xl72]Ben Rutten

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]2 <td class='xl71]35 Iron Knob <td class='xl72]Mitchell Clisby

<td class='xl71' style='height: 15pt;]3 <td class='xl71]36 Venus Bay <td class='xl72]Elliott Kavanagh

2. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

Geelong by 84, 30 goals kicked for the match.

3. Len

Geelong by 97, 32 goals total

4. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Good idea :)
    1 question though... Can we change our mind, as long as its before the noon Saturday cutoff; or is our 1st choice our final choice?

5. Len

anthak wrote:
    Good idea :)
    1 question though... Can we change our mind, as long as its before the noon Saturday cutoff; or is our 1st choice our final choice? Not something I had considered tbh, for the sake of a rule, no, post once and be stuck with it :)

6. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

/Portals/0/User%20Images/EMINEM-LYRICS-Lose-Yourself-facebook-covers.jpg' style='width: 850px; height: 315px; Geelong by 78, 29 goals kicked

7. grav

grav Guest

Geelong by 105, 32 goals total

8. Lenny120

Lenny120 Well-Known Member

Geelong by 82, 28 goals scored.

9. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

My boys - being Geelong - by 74 and 26 goals kicked

10. J_C

J_C Guest

Geelong by 85 with 33 goals kicked in total.

11. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Cats by 111 with 31 goals kicked.

12. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Cats by 78 points, 31 goals kicked

13. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Pussies, also by 78 (140 to 62 the final score) and a total of 29 goals scored. Edit: Just noticed the camel herder has picked the same. Since he was first, he can go first if we are both right.

14. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

The blimp pilot picked 78 too

15. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Bandit wrote: The blimp pilot picked 78 too Yeah, but different no. goals.

16. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

TerryinBangkok wrote:pussies, also by 78 (140 to 62 the final score) and a total of 29 goals scored. Edit: Just noticed the camel herder has picked the same. Since he was first, he can go first if we are both right. Len had already covered this situation in the OP - where he refers to a single white female, for some reason.

17. snoz

snoz Moderator

This may have been covered so apologies in advance, but why isnt this in reverse ladder order ? (obviously we all know my poor lot). Also, Len you write these picks cannot be traded? Is that correct ? I have a ton of emails I havent gotten to yet but alot are talking about trading MSD picks. Please advise mate Geelong by 67 points, total goals 33

18. graeme

graeme Guest

sNoZ, welcome back to ORFFA land. You are correct, the overflow draft is not in is reverse ladder order. That has been arbitrary decision that I do not understand. What I do subscribe to is atheory that you will find better players using your picks 1, 19, 37 and so on in the MSD - that's why others are trying to pry them away from you amigo. What is left at the end of the MSD may well be a limited pool of talent who may well end up as the base delistments for next year's draft. Unless you find a gem that no-one knows about, or have perhaps forgotten because of a long term injury.
    MSD picks can, and have been, traded. No problem. It seems picks in next years pre-season draft are tradeable now, However, these picks are to encourage building for the future through investing in rookies and as such are different and cannot be traded. Perhaps they should have been tagged with 'only useable for players who have yet to play their first afl game? That may be why Fitzy -bless him - argued the increase in numbers should be deferred until next year's pre-season draft. BTW, he is one perceptive cookie.
    What the above shows is that trading with me is safe - I have your best interests at heart. Remember how you got the run away leader in your team's best and fairest. Just pm me if you need advice or an opinion. Have a nice day.

19. Len

Simonoz wrote:
    This may have been covered so apologies in advance, but why isnt this in reverse ladder order ? (obviously we all know my poor lot). Also, Len you write these picks cannot be traded? Is that correct ? I have a ton of emails I havent gotten to yet but alot are talking about trading MSD picks. Please advise mate Geelong by 67 points, total goals 33 This a structural change to the league and therefore all participants should be entering it equally, as they entered the league. Other than some mythical number from a hat, this is how I thought it could be done fairest.
    Trading of MSD and PSD (if you are game) is possible, just not these.

20. snoz

snoz Moderator

Ok.....so apologies to all. Have had a horrendous few weeks and have been trying to keep up, guess I didnt succeed much. So this is trade week now. Then we have the Mid Season Draft that starts soon after, reverse ladder order, number of picks based on how many you have delisted correct? As perChels post above, I have (being the horrible orrfa coach) picks 1, 19, 37, 55, 73 etc..... THEN....the overflow draft? This is to increase our squads from 26-28. So its lucky dip as to what pick we get, based on the geelong game, and we all get two picks to increase our squads. That about right ? Last question, sorry again......the dates that all of this happens is ?