ORFFA Teams and Banter Round 1 - It's time!

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Bandit, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Round 1 – AFL Round 1
    Date: Thursday 18th March 2021
    THEME - Sacrifice a Spud to the COVID gods Round

To kick off the 2021 ORFFA season, we are introducing a new round in a bid to ward off any repeat of the COVID-blighted 2020 season.

Every coach can - nay, must - choose a current player who they wish to offer up as a 'donation' to ensure season 2021 runs far more smoothly than season 2020. We of course suggest that sacrificing a spud (rather than a stud) might be the prudent way forward.

And while the 'sacrificed' spuds sit out this round, the scheduled games go on (though they must be completed within a scheduled two-hour window set aside for exercise and if your team isn't able to play a team from within a 5km radius, well, there could be real issues there).

Of course, all 'sacrificed' spuds will be returned in good working order at round's end and can be reclaimed by their owners in a responsible way with adequate 1.5m of physical distancing at all times.

2. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Any volunteers to do the weekly report?

3. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I think I’ll sacrifice Chad Wingard, as long as he’s returned to me later after being subjected to whatever ceremonial practices planned for these players.

• Like Like x 1