ORFFF 2017 Round 4

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by TheTassieHawk, Apr 12, 2017.

?

Who will win in the matchups of 2nd vs 3rd and 15th vs 16th ?

Poll closed Apr 18, 2017.
  1. Boozers and Atoms

40.0%
  2. Boozers and Glow-Worms

20.0%
  3. Noahs and Atoms

40.0%
  4. Noahs and Glow-Worms

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

This week's round sees the same matchups as Round 3, 2016
    http://tooserious.net/forum/tsLeagues.php?leagueId=14&round=3&year=2016
    http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/orfff-2016-round-3.89389/

Mt Thirsty Boozers (3-0) vs Neptune Island Noahs (3-0) - One of these 2 teams will be 4-0 and secure in the top 2 by the end of the weekend
    Rutherglen Fugitives (2-1) vs Useless Loop Virgins (3-0) - After a first up loss Rutherglen are in the top 4 and will pose a tough test for the undefeated and top ranked Virgins

Macquarie Island Whales (1-2) vs Heard Island Shags (2-1)
    Port Lincoln Power (1-2) vs Dingo Beach Butchers (aka Nangkita Bucks) (2-1)
    Cockburn Avengers (2-1) vs Drouin Dropbears (1-2)
    - the 2016 match saw the Dropbears post the 4th highest ever ORFFF score (1488) as they easily accounted for the Avengers who managed 1328 in the 5th highest ever aggregate match in ORFF history, coach @stowie will be inspiring his side to hit that form again as they make the short trip across to Cockburn

Walpole Woylies (1-2) vs Black Swamp 29ers (1-2) - the Woylies appear well placed to turn the tables after a narrow 6 point loss in their last clash in 2016
    Wedge Island White Pointers (1-2) vs Jan Juc Ducks (1-2)

Maralinga Atoms (0-3) vs Mole Creek Glow-Worms (0-3) - both teams will be keenly looking at this contest as a massive chance to open their 2017 ledger

Please note that as a result of a 10-1 majority lockout is set as the commencement of the Kangas and Dogs Good Friday match (420pm) so get your team entered over at http://tooserious.net/forum/tsLeagues.php?leagueId=14

Previous 2017 Round threads are below
    http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/orfff-round-3.89828/
    http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/orfff-2017-round-2.89818/
    http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/orfff-2017-round-1.89802/

Good luck also to the teams competing in the ORFF* knockout comp

• Like Like x 2
  2. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

Round 4 Fugitives v Virgins

Its 1 v 4 - after a shocker first up the Fugitives have been in top nick the last 2 - can they stick it up the Virgins this week?

Unchanged

B: Macmillan, Salem, Hodge, Harbrow (Talia)
    M: Pendlebury, Cotchin, Shiel, Cunnington (Langford)
    R: Martin
    F: Macrae, Lynch, Gunston, Rioli (Johnson)
    I: Parish, Watts (Gleeson)

@YAD69 off camping for the weekend updates may not happen - sorry in advance

• Like Like x 1
  3. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

Slight thread hijack, what are the plans for lockout this round?

The Friday game is at 4:20pm which means full Sunday (and Monday) teams won't be released yet.

Will full lockout be at the start of the Friday game, or at the start of the Saturday game when we have full information?

Edit: Yes, I just noticed the part about lockout in this post - I'm stupid. Still, not sure if that has been 'decided' or is just in there by default.

4. TheTassieHawk

having problems quote thokash's message

----------------
    My OP regarding lockout was posted for clarity as to the current status quo (not sure who/how it was decided or whtether they were clear on the Friday 420pm rather than 7pm start), that unless there is discussion and agreement to change or a unilateral call by @Bearfly and the board that will obviously be the case.

Personally I think the decision should be made by the time that Thursday night teams are named (ie 630pm tonight) as lockout shouldn't be changed once the round commences. As one of the coaches who is against loopholing I would prefer it is limited to tonight's game whereas a Saturday lockout will enable loopholing of the Dogs and Roos players as well but also understand the reasons for supporting a Saturday 145pm lockout (as stated above) as well.

5. Dale Duivesteyn

Dale Duivesteyn Well-Known Member

DBB aka Nangkita Bucks (Will change when i have better access to computer.), only has:
    Mid: Sam Mitchell (playing tonight)

6. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Not sure we've had this sort of lockout issue before - but I'm pretty sure that the other leagues would be maintaining the Friday night lockout and I'm also pretty sure that was what we agreed on.
    Haven't checked on the current lockout setting (had handballed that to @Len the other week but he may have been a bit busy and forgot) - will go and take a look now and switch it to Friday night if it isn't set for that.

7. Bearfly

Well, it appears that I can't make any changes at all because there is no lockout info showing up for me - so any of the other league admins please check to see if you can, and if you can please change it to Friday evenings game!!!

8. TheTassieHawk

@Bearfly - it is already set for Friday 420pm - do you want it to be Saturday 145pm per @port_leschenault 's suggestion ?

9. TheTassieHawk

@Bearfly - never mind - have read your earlier post now, PL had wanted the Saturday 145pm considered

10. Bearfly

Cheers mate - hadn't been able to get on till now due to physio and doctors appointments taking up a fair whack of the day (spent 3 hours in traction with my physio appointment to see if that helps the back - which it didn't - seemed to make me feel worse and could hardly walk out of there)!!!
    @Len must've done it then at some stage after the earlier comments were made - just seems like I can't because no lockout info seems to be showing up for me when I go into our league page!!! Have PM'd the Chief about that to see what the issue is.

11. TheTassieHawk

@Bearfly - do you want it Friday 420pm or Saturday 145pm - I am sure we can all sort things out by 420pm tomorrow if needed ?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bearfly

Any chance you can put up a poll for it - won't be able to do it myself, but if we can get a quick poll overnight that closes about 2pm tomorrow we can see what the general consensus is and run with it.

13. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Um. What suggestion did I allegedly make? I'm not @thokash if that's where the confusion is.

The ORFFL is set to Friday lockout. Wasn't done by me but I can't see a problem with leaving it at that for here too. If you're having admin problems Bear I or Len should be able to change things. Just did it then with no problems here.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bearfly

Yeah, I think @TheTassieHawk got you confused with Kashman momentarily :D
    Have PM'd the Chief about the league admin issue I'm having - expect he'll be able to sort it out.
    And did handball the weekly lockout setting to @Len when he offered the other week - but would be good if you could also keep an eye on it for the season too just in case he gets tied up and can't get around to it - always good to have a backup plan :)

15. TheTassieHawk

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bearfly

17. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

Useless Loop Virgins - Round 4 Team

Def:
    Kade Simpson, Steven May, Shannon Hurn, Shane Biggs (Sharrod Wellingham)
    Mid: Lachie Neale, Matt Priddis, Robbie Gray, Steele Sidebottom (Mark Hutchings)
    Ruck: Aaron Sandilands
    Fwd: Josh J. Kennedy, Rhys Stanley, Isaac Smith, Tom Phillips (Josh Schache)
    Int: David Mundy, Jared Polec, (Jordan Foote)

Out: Steve Johnson
    In: Rhys Stanley, Josh Schache

18. leematty1

leematty1 Well-Known Member

The Boozers face their biggest challenge facing the unbeaten Noahs. let the best team win...

We do welcome Jamie Elliott for his first gae with the Boozers, perfect timing, covering Ryder's one week suspension.

Def: H Crozier, M Suckling, M Hurley, J Hamling (T Sheridan)
    Mid: T Rockliff, T Mitchell, J Watson, B Goddard (R Bastinac)
    Ruck: J Trengove
    Fwd: L Franklin, J Cameron, J Billings, J Elliott (B Matera)
    Int: D Zaharakis, O Fantasia (S Frost)

19. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

By the look of the results so far it is not an issue, and had it been one it would have been minor (some people can make minor things major :p ) whilst I can't see the FU lockout, the FL and FA appear to be set to Friday. Evenness is good with the knockout comp running.

• Like Like x 1
  20. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

Mole Creek Round 5

IN: Anthony Miles
    OUT: Oscar McDonald, Majak Daw, Jake Barrett

D: Brodie Smith, Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, Adam Saad, Curtly Hampton
    M: Patrick Cripps, Sam Gray, Touk Miller, Billy Stretch, Hugh McCluggage (e)
    R: Anthony Miles (oop)
    F: Christian Petracca, Jamie Cripps, Jade Gresham, Dean Kent, Charlie Curnow (e)
    I: Brayden Fiorini, Sam Petrevski-Seton