ORFFF Mid Season Auction thread

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by anthak, Jun 16, 2016.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

ORFFF Rule 4(e):
    An “Auction thread” will be posted during the trade periods prior to drafts.

Coaches may post a player or players or draft pick or picks or any combination of these as a package to auction in this thread.

All players or picks to be auctioned should be listed with a closing day/time, and they cannot be withdrawn before that time.

No player or pick being auctioned should be the subject of private trade negotiations nor used as part of a bid in another auction, until the auction of that player or pick has reachedit's conclusion/closing time, with or without a sale.

The initial posting of a reserve is optional and the reserve is not reached on any auction until the seller says so.

Once a bid is tabled the bid is live until rejected OR deemed beaten by the person conducting the auction, it cannot be materially altered once tabled.

No bid can be conditional on outcomes not directly related to the auction at hand.

Once a reserve has been reached the seller has the option to adjust the auction length, but to no less than 48 hours, or the end of the trade period, whichever is the lesser.

As soon as practicable after receiving multiple bids on an auction the seller should indicate whom is in front, any reasoning is optional.

If reserve has been met, the winning bid must result in a trade, which is final and irreversible unless vetoed as per 4(f) or via a subsequent mutually agreed trade between the parties (which would also be subject to a veto period).

2. anthak

Trade periods run from: Midnight Monday June 13th to Midnight Monday June 20th
    and
    End of draft to 5pm Tuesday July 5th

3. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

Up for auction is Gary Ablett!

Averaging 116, good for 6th in the league, and his last 3 games have tallied 127, 121 and 143. He is also 2nd in the ORFFF brownlow.

This is the man who can take you to this season's flag!

In return I am looking for a package for the future. This can be a promising young player and a pick or a package of either.

He's a genuine top 10 player and will instantly be most teams M1 so I do expect a strong return for the little master.

Auction closes 8pm Sunday night.

• Like Like x 2
  4. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

I guess there's no posts in here because I'm the one with Jake Stringer? Thank you I'll be here all week.

Coming from the ORFFL not fully aware of how the auctions work, so lets give this an opening bid.

Mitch Wallis + 1st round pick 2017 PSD

• Like Like x 2
  5. James84

Welcome to the auction! Thanks for getting us started.

Your bid has met reserve the Auction is now completely live! Hopefully you are the new owner of a shiny headed Gary come Sunday night if no one out bids

6. anthak

Very decent first bid

7. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

@ViQBoZ

Black Swamp bids Jack Newnes plus our 2017 1st round PSD pick in the GAJ auction.

8. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

@ViQBoZ

Chinchilla bids Josh Caddy plus our 2017 1st Rd PSD pick and our 2016 2nd Rd MSD pick for Gary Ablett.

9. James84

Sorry for the late reply, @choppers leads the auction with the new high bid and two hours to go! I will be online for the next two hours if any questions or bids arrive!

10. TheTassieHawk

@ViQBoZ

Black Swamp bids Jack Newnes plus our 2017 1st round PSD pick and 2017 4th Round PSD pick - with Mole Creek to provide their 5th and 6th Round 2017 Draft Picks as make weights - in the GAJ auction. (Ie leaving Mole Creek with Jack Newnes and 6 picks in the first 64 of the 2017 PSD including 2 first rounders).

(@anthak note the above offer has been tabled in line with scenarios mentioned in the rules discussion forums pre-season, in the event the above is ruled to be an ineligible bid due to the Mole Creek picks not being part of the auction or in the event that the first bid is eligible but the second bid is preferred by ViQBoz - preferred to the would re-bid as follows Black Swamp bids Jack Newnes plus our 2017 1st round PSD pick and 2017 5th Round PSD pick in the GAJ auction)

I will be back on around 715pm to check how things sit.

11. thokash

Not entirely sure how choppers bid beat mine, I guess it's all subjective of the auctioneer's personal preference? ViQBoZ can you let me know if you deem Josh Caddy > Mitch Wallis? Wallis was taken pick 121, Caddy pick 139, and has him covered in average last year and so far this year. Surely the MSD 2nd round pick is almost irrelevant so I can't imagine that being a dealbreaker. Not to mention my current 1st round pick is better than Chincilla's.

In regards to what TTH posted above, isn't this turning the auction into just a public trade negotiation? As I said no experience in auctions so not sure if this is how the other leagues operate.

I'll wait for your reply :)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  12. James84

Hey @thokash I rated Wallis and Caddy about the same ultimately and the 2nd rounder just swung it.

I don't really pay attention to PSD positions as they are not an accurate guide of a players value overall. I just go by averages and then gut feel.

In saying that I rate Newnes a fraction ahead of both of them (They are all basically the same fantasy score wise) and have more use for extra PSD picks at this stage so
    @tassiehawk leads

I know it all seems a little absurd and arbitrary, but it's not a negotiation as I am not negotiating back I just pick the offer I personally value higher.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TheTassieHawk

@ViQBoZ - just to be perfectly clear is it the bid where I am giving you a 4th rounder that is in front ? Or the alternative one where I give you a 5th rounder ??

14. James84

For clarity the 5th rounder. Makes everything neater.

• Like Like x 1
  15. thokash

Alright see where this ends up

Mitch Wallis, 1st & 4th round PSD 2017, 2nd round MSD 2016

16. James84

@thokash is the new highest bid! With 20 minutes to go!

17. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

For Gaz
    Zaharakis + 1st rnd msd and 1st rnd psd

18. James84

Geez, tough one! I'm going to say that @thokash s bid is still the high bid, prefer Wallis on my teams timeline.

If I get another bid I will extend the deadline to make it fair.

19. TheTassieHawk

20. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member