ORFFL Round 12 Review

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by Kel, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Kel

Kel Moderator

ORFFL Round 12 Review:

Humpty Doo Hammerheads 1087 lost to Mallacoota Magicians 1319

The Magicians moved into the top 4 with a strong win over the Hammerheads. Vince 145 saved the best till late on Monday. He had strong support from Tarrant 119 and Duncan 117. For the HDH Dan Menzel 121 led the way with support from Gray 113 and Gunston 112. Aish was best on in the reserves, which is probably about his level at the moment and certainly not much use in the ORFFL, even if you only have a 3 man defence and your D1 is averaging 65.

Queenstown Quolls 1101 lost to Smiths Beach Seagulls 1272

SBS got over the line courtesy of 3 elite performances and a whole pile of not much else. Dangerfield 229 Steven 164 and Hickey 139 were the absolute standouts. The 3 man forward line contributing 130 combined also stood out, but for the wrong reasons.

For the Quolls the dream run is over, or has at least hit a speed hump. Ruck is a huge hole that needs to be filled however this is unlikely to come cheap. The injury to NicNat may open the door for Giles, but there don’t appear to be any long term solutions on the list at this point. Laird 112 and Jones 111 battled hard on the day but to no avail.

Bonnie Doon Bandits 1023 lost to Jimcumbilly Jackrabbits 1299

Comfortable 276 point win to the Jackrabbits. The high scoring Bandits from the previous weeks reverted to early season form forcing Fez to head overseas to contemplate where it has all gone wrong and what he can do to get them to do it every week. Sorry Fez no answers here but good luck and enjoy the trip. On field for the rabbits the load really was well shared. Gibson 121 and Wells 126 were the standouts with Stefan Martin 56 the only let down. So many 80’s and 90’s gave it a 92.3 EONFM feel.

Popanyinning Pyrite 1054 defeated Purnululu Bungle Rangers 1031

It was a dominant ruck performance by Gawn 119 against you guessed it, Vardy 0, in the ruck. With the final margin only 23 points you could say that this was pivotal to the result, but I promised I wouldn’t mention it again so I better not. The PBR were also 2 short so you could say that the Pyrite (1 short) were a bit lucky here. It was the Adelaide forwards Jenkins 101 and Lyons 109 compensating for the early loss of Swallow 18 that did the job though. Petracca 89 looks every bit a player and well worth the early draft selection despite the year on the sidelines.

Bundalong Bullfrogs 1307 lost to Sarah Island Savages 1352

Stiff, like redtube type stiff. The Bullfrogs fronted up to the toughest fantasy football challenge and came up just an inch or two short. Maybe they are capable of making some crazy run to the finals. Given the strong yellow and black influence you wouldn’t put it past them. Martin 167 McGovern 110 Cutler 110 Rance 104 JRoo 101 and Cotchin 114 all tonned up but it was in the ruck where the difference was with Tucker* unable to match an injured NicNat.

As for the opposition, they will no doubt take the NicNat injury in their stride and keep powering on. Ironically after some criticism in recent weeks and being outscored this week, it was probably the defensive line that got them home with Simpson 109 and Taylor 103 lifting when they had to. Lachie Henderson in the forward line is a worry though. Not quite James Aish worry, but pretty close.

Tarwin Lower Pigs 1271 lost to Coulta Couldabeens 1276

#badmanagment #tarwinlowerpigs #grrrrrrrr

This was lost by the TLP at the selection table with the coin toss selection of Oliver over Dunstan and Trengove (yes I have a 3 sided coin) proving the difference in a close one. Well played to Coulta though with an even team performance proving just enough. Pittard 129 Priddis 105 and Ebert 103 led a bunch of 80 and 90 scores. For the TLP it was arguably the most improved player in the league Docherty 141 together with Pendles 122 and Hogan 101 leading from the front.

This should provide Coulta with some impetus as we head into the second half of the season. For the TLP we are hoping to win enough games to make our first final series and head into 2017 with a full head of steam. Toot toot.

Milikipati Snakes 1100 defeated Warburton Wanderers 1036

The 14 man Snakes cemented themselves in the 8 with a solid win over the struggling Wanderers. They left it until the last game of the round though with Tyson 121 and Sidebottom 80 outscoring Varcoe 73 Watts 65 and Blair 59 to ensure the 4 points. Deledio 105 picked up a cheap 4 Brownlow votes in what was a low scoring affair across the board. I think a few of the Snakes may have checked out for the byes a week early.

Woy Woy Wizards 1090 defeated Poowong Potoroos 878

This was the battle of the old men versus the cripples and it was the oldies that came out on top with Woy Woy lifting themselves off the bottom and handing Poowong first pick in the MSD. It does look pretty slim pickings though so this might not be of much benefit.

It was Woy Woy’s ability to field a full side against the 11 man Potoroos that was ultimately the difference though as a score of 1090 will see you lose more than you win. A solid midfield performance with Montagna 121 Greene 105 and Whitfield 103 providing some hope for the future and Tom McDonald 92 and Weitering 58 should provide a solid defensive base.

For the Potoroos the main question is, who is worse, Brisbane or Poowong. I’m going with Poowong at this point but it is a close call. Another early PSD pick surely awaits at the end of the season. After last years trade for Billy Longer I’m tipping this one might be staying in the hills of Poowong.

Glenrowan Gunslingers 1290 defeated Mount Buggery Disappointments 1226

When your F1-3 all fall well short of average you need someone to stand up. This week it was Sam Gibson 144 at F4 for the Gunslingers in a match winning performance. Mummy 99 also won the ruck battle against a subdued Goldstein 83.

For the MBD Bontempelli 127 Ward 101 Rockliff 104 and Wines 106 all scored well but they just didn’t have someone who could ice the game. Sad to see Roughy get the mid season cut but this fantasy footy caper is a ruthless business and there is no room for sentiment.

• Like Like x 5
  2. HörnsySechsZeit

HörnsySechsZeit Jarhead Staff Member

I heartily enjoyed reading this, Kel. The withering onslaught of blows you have struck against the PBR over their RUC division is mighty.

As to question over Sarah Island's RUC department, NicNat will surely be missed, Lycett on the other hand a mystery? What did he do?

3. Kel

Kel Moderator

Lycett apparently was out late after the game and didn't turn up to a compulsory team meeting.
    In regards to the PBR ruck division you have obviously noticed that I have a bit of an issue with it, especially when it impacts on the results of games as was the case last week. Seems to be falling on deaf ears though, well, those that matter anyway.

4. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

Thanks to future ORFFL Brownlow Medallist Danger for another 3 voter to keep this sinking ship afloat for another week.

Trade Talk:

Looking for FWDs and DEFs - I have an abundance of MIDs available at the right price so I look forward to being drunk dialled with offers over the weekend

5. Fez

Fez Moderator

Liquid . I need a decent mid bro . Have a look at my side and let me know what you think