Pakenham Parasites

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by ddsaints, Sep 4, 2013.

1. ddsaints

ddsaints Guest

As owner and chief of football, I'm proud to introduce to all the other owners, the hometown of the mighty Parasites. Pakenham is a satellite suburb of Melbourne on the edge of the West Gippsland region of Victoria, Australia, 56km (35mi) south-east from Melbourne's central business district. At the 2011 Census, Pakenham had a population of 33,999. Pakenham is in some aspects still considered as a regional suburb. New housing estates are boosting its population and its crime. Pakenham was named after Sir Edward Pakenham, a British general who fought in the Peninsular War, a much loved soldier, so the stories go. /Portals/0/User%20Images/NewFolder/800px-Edward_pakenham.jpg The town still has 'Remember Ed day' every year, which is a great celebration and hoo ha for the hole community. This year there is talks 'Remember Ed day' could coincide with the opening of the 2014 season in the ORFFU, which could mean massive celebrations in town, the towns people are anxious to find out the news from mayor Frize Dout. Fear the Parasites in round 1 that's the whisper going around town. In Pakenham 76.2% of people were born in Australia. The most common countries of birth were England 4.8%, New Zealand 2.3%, India 1.2%, Scotland 0.8% and Sri Lanka 0.8%.The 102 year old Star News Group houses its main headquarters on the Princes Highway, Pakenham East. Hawthorn premiership ruckrover Peter Russo was raised in Pakenham as was current Collingwood speedster Tyson Goldsack Since 2007, locals have been concerned by a re-occurring stench which has been regularly engulfing the town, impacting upon the amenity and health of residents and visitors. It has been described by some as a burning chemical gas smell, the stench of dead bodies and Human Poo,a putrid smell that is able to infiltrate homes.The smell has been found to originate from the Drovers Place area where Transpacific Industries, a leading organic waste recycler, is based. It is now gone........The stink still lingers. We have been in long running discussions with the local mayor about the prospect of starting construction on our new home park, it has been a constant battle to secure an area to call home, but we are proud to announce that we have secured an area with many thanks to local resident Harry Balls for donating his vacant land. We have pictures of construction with more to come /Portals/0/User%20Images/NewFolder/th%5B8%5D.jpg In coming weeks the Parasites board and coach will be introduced. An eager and much spoken about announcement of the head coach is a massive part to the success of the Parasites in its first year and ongoing future. We will be pleased to bring you this news soon.

2. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

Ahh, the old Parasites. Sucking life out of their host while gaining strength. Just hope I'm not host

3. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

The stench has nothing on Curalo Lake, right next to our ground.

4. ddsaints

ddsaints Guest

I'm sorry to announce that we have had a problemon site with theconstruction of the new oval. Home of the mighty Pakenham Parasites. It seems we have come across a few minor miss judgements with the quality of the land we have secured. I'm personally going to be asking some questions to the partiesinvolved.Its fair to sayI'm going to be kicking up a stink. /Portals/0/User%20Images/NewFolder/thCAR1IEFV.jpg At this stage we are expecting no real delay on the completion of the project. Hopefully more news to come.

5. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Luv your work, and the photo. I would like to do the same sort of thing but aren't PC savvy enough to work out how to do it.

6. ddsaints

ddsaints Guest

[span style='color: #ff0000; font-size: 48px;] Pick 9... [span style='color: #ff0000;] Who could it be? /Portals/0/User%20Images/NewFolder/017014-afl-captain.jpg The town folk of Pakenham are celebrating the great news. /Portals/0/User%20Images/NewFolder/thCAY58QD4.jpg [span style='color: #ff0000; font-size: 16px;] We will be keeping an eye on things, hopefullythe excitementdoesn't get out of hand.

7. Tomster

dd, I hope you use Pick 9 on somebody better than the fellow in the bottom photo

8. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

The rugby streaker will probably be a better draft pick than the guy in the bottom photo

9. ddsaints

ddsaints Guest

There has been talk about the prestigious 'Edward Pak' medal, I can understand the envy of other owners in not having the budget the Parasites can gloat about. With a strong 33000 town folk all buying in to the prospects of the 'Siters' in the upcoming ORFFU season. There definitely is no shortage of funds to be splurged. I have the total backing of mayor Frize Dout with all operations. Hopefully he stays in power for long enough for this to continue. We have managed to put the local jeweller Dylan Gewls to good work in creating this medal. As owner of the Parasites we are proud to release pictures of the medal /Portals/0/User%20Images/NewFolder/eddy%20pak.jpg

10. ddsaints

ddsaints Guest

Tomster wrote:
    dd, I hope you use Pick 9 on somebody better than the fellow in the bottom photo I have recruited that fellow as head of party planning and fundraising. He puts it all out there for the Parasites, no questions asked. Loves his job

11. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

ddsaints wrote:
    I'm sorry to announce that we have had a problemon site with theconstruction of the new oval. Home of the mighty Pakenham Parasites. It seems we have come across a few minor miss judgements with the quality of the land we have secured. I'm personally going to be asking some questions to the partiesinvolved.Its fair to sayI'm going to be kicking up a stink. /Portals/0/User%20Images/NewFolder/thCAR1IEFV.jpg At this stage we are expecting no real delay on the completion of the project. Hopefully more news to come.
    Looks playable to me, just need goalposts :)

12. grav

grav Guest

Looks like the Lefties home ground in a dry year. Tho our hoes and cranes usually take flight when the players run onto the paddock.

13. ddsaints

ddsaints Guest

I'm pleased to announce that the construction of the Parasites home ground is coming along nicely, we have been working hard to complete each stage on time in preparation for the upcoming season. Our construction team have completed the main scoreboard and away teams clubrooms, the scoreboard still needs some branding added but it has all the main things we need. We are allvery happy with how its turned out. /Portals/0/User%20Images/NewFolder/large_schools_stadium_construction_071809.jpg We aren't far away from completing the hole project, the town folk are very excited with the progress and cant wait to see the finished Parasites home ground. More to come soon...

14. Tomster

Looks like you are growing Christmas trees on the land in the off-season dd. Might be a good way for Gisborne to make some money...

15. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

Southern Cross eagerly await the arrival of the parasites for the first battle if the bugs, beware however that the local women will only be too happy to share their bugs with your players :)

16. ddsaints

ddsaints Guest

The Boys so far ............/Portals/0/User%20Images/NewFolder/PresentationteamParasites.jpg]</img>[/b]

17. ddsaints

ddsaints Guest

/Portals/0/Users/029/01/9501/Presentationpaky.jpg]</img>

18. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

I like what you've done there, DD, but Bellchambers is missing his crutches........

19. ddsaints

ddsaints Guest

Good point mate, I'll make the proper adjustments on the next update :)

20. ddsaints

ddsaints Guest

The first 20 drafted to the mighty Pakenham Parasites /Portals/0/Users/029/01/9501/Presentation1team20small.jpg]</img>