Pendles to miss again

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Jul 5, 2012.

1. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Reports on twitter by afl journos that Pendles confirmed will miss again this week. No real surprise to me as was always going to miss fair few weeks with that injury.

2. Kel

Kel Moderator

Bugger, bugger and double bugger.

3. Fazz

Fazz New Member

Damn I've just seen those as well, I've kept him this long so I'm certainly not trading him now. It's like the bye rounds all over again!

4. silacious

silacious New Member

how many held onto him? lots of cash on the bench

5. BlueBoysRule

BlueBoysRule New Member

I held him only have 3 trades

6. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

lots of cash on the bench? thats been the story of the year, I get away with it this week because my sc and dt oppenents also have him but i guess it means swan will get the carrazzo tag now. Its probably better that he misses altogether than gets a green vest and only plays half a game. Hopefully theyre just being cautious and hes back for the geelong match next week

7. Itchy Scot

Itchy Scot New Member

4 weeks with a broken bone was always going to be optimistic.

8. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Itchy Scot on July 5, 2012, 12:23
    4 weeks with a broken bone was always going to be optimistic.</blockquote>

particulalry when the pies are (unfortunately) doing well enough to be conservative with one of their prime assets, he'll back when he's fully right !

9. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

^ ^ only upside to it is is that he's one player who will likely play through the SC finals and not be out because of "general soreness", given he needs match conditioning now that he's missed so many games.

10. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

thats true astro39, hopefully he now becomes a good POD in the run home and during the finals like joel selwood was last year when most flicked him when he was suspended for a month. Two of my oppenents traded him out last week and I wonder how many will rage trade him out this week?

11. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

It hurts that I got rid of Gaz to Pendles after he'd missed one, yet have stuck with Pendles and he'll be unavailable for 5 weeks now!
    In terms of him being a POD, 27&#37; of people have him and dont have many trades to burn especialy if they keep hearing 'he'll be back next week'.

12. Wallaby

Wallaby New Member

definitely holding him, silly to waste the trades for a guy that's going to go back to pumping out the big scores when hes back...plus he'll be playing right through finals now

13. GrannyBoy

GrannyBoy New Member

I can't believe you all held on to a premo with a fractured leg. He'll take a while to find confidence, fitness and form again after that. I got rid of him the moment I heard it was a fracture, picked up Swanny later with the &#36;, and I've been laughing since.

14. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

The 'I TOLD U SO' section is in the other thread GrannyBoy

15. Midge001

Midge001 Member

<blockquote>Quote from GrannyBoy on July 6, 2012, 11:04
    I can't believe you all held on to a premo with a fractured leg. He'll take a while to find confidence, fitness and form again after that. I got rid of him the moment I heard it was a fracture, picked up Swanny later with the &#36;, and I've been laughing since.</blockquote>

Given that he ran out the quarter after doing it, I don't think confidence is an issue. I reckon they're just making sure that if he gets another bump there that it won't do a LOT of damage.

Besides, I already had Swan. And I still think Pendles will outscore any alternatives (Thompson, Boyd, Kennedy etc) in the final 4 weeks.

16. NC1975

NC1975 New Member

Tough one theold Pendles situation. Can see good arguments for and against. www.aflaftermath.com.au