Please RMT - please help me complete my team

Discussion in 'RMT' started by Christos, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Christos

Christos New Member

Hi all,

Can't wait for the lock-out. Feels like that time before a test/exam. Will be happy when I can no longer make tweaks. It's like death by a 1000 cuts/team changes!

I have $313K to complete the team. Would like to get a 4th premium in but am struggling to see how I can get a safe option. Should I be concerned about starting only 3 premium mids? :D Do my mid rookies have enough job security? I'm more focused on the league than the overall so I'm OK with slowly building a strong team by season's end.

Appreciate your creative suggestions one and all!

D: Deledio, Shaw, Broughton, Birchall, Guthrie, Ellis, Bugg, Boumann
    M: Ablett, Selwood, Hodge, Kennedy, Ledger, Magner, Shiel, Miles
    R: Mummy, Giles, Redden, Stephenson (yes, v predictable)
    F: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Cloke, Gray, D'Field, Smith, Dickson, Hall

Guthrie to a cheaper rookie for $70K gives me $383K...

Thanks,

C.

2. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Spend your cash somewhere for sure. MID is where you are vulnerable.

3. Pivotonian

Pivotonian New Member

I like the balance. Going for a league win allows you to take the GnR strategy to the extreme and almost completely avoid the $200K-$500K death zone, which you've done fairly well.

Which Kennedy is in the midfield? Sydney one? You could upgrade him straight off if that's the case? Alternatively you could downgrade Dangermouse to a rookie like Hampton or a semi rookie like the Porpoise, and free up a lot of cash that way.

Also, Miles hasn't been picked in Rd 1, and I'm told that Boumann and Hall might struggle a bit for JS ...

4. Christos

Christos New Member

Thanks Jason and Pivotonian (great handle by the way). I would like to keep $30/40K to fix any poor selections after round 2 but definitely plan to spend the cash.

Boumann is a place holder to be honest. Gilham's imminent return will likely force him out.

Didn't know about Hall so would like a few suggestions.

The Kennedy is the GWS one - 100 pts last round was a bit too hard to resist...

Appreciate some help with suggestions on the Midfield - should I bust a gut to get another premium in there and find some savings elsewhere - eg Yarran or Grundy in Defense?

5. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Hall will be okay longer term (he better be!!!).

You have identified your own problem Christos. You need a 4th premium MID. Now your problem is how to turn Kennedy (who should have been in FWD anyway) plus 313k in to one? If it can't be done, it means considerable tweaking of your other lines. However, if you are prepared to risk running initially with only 3 prem MID, someone like Parker might provide an easy solution.

6. Christos

Christos New Member

Thanks Terry, Kennedy to forward line because there are weaker options there? I liked him there as my only option for being able to utilise all the dual position players I have in the forward line...

Re. Parker. I'm trying to resist the temptations of the mid pricers. Have been sucked in by pre-season form in previous years although his numbers and inside game is attractive.

7. Herbie66

Herbie66 New Member

Hi Guys

Looks like I posted my team in the wrong section on Friday so my apoligies, have gone the all GWS rookie midfield, plus GWS rookies on the benhc, with the uncertainty of so many Rd 12 and Rd 13 rookies (Ellis aside) hoping this to be the safer option

so the team is, tried to set up defence (2-3-4) and forward (3-3-3) with the byes in mind

Backs : Goddard, Scotland, Delidio, Shaw, GRUNDY, MALCESKI, Ellis (BUGG, TOWNSEND)

Midfield: CONIGLIO, HOSKIN-ELLIOTT, GREENE, SMITH, SHIEL, McDONALD (TYSON, KENNEDY)

Rucks: Cox, MMUMFORD (GILES, Stephenson/Redden)

Forwards: Franklin, GOODES, Fyfe, Pavlich, Martin, N. Riewoldt, Porplzia (CAMERON, HAMPTON)

* hoping Grundy becomes D7, Malceski and Ellis to be sold during the byes
    * Porplzia to be a cash cow
    * Riewoldt to be traded during the byes

4 downgrade trades and 4 mid upgrade trades before the byes, then the standard 6 during.

Cheers

8. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

@christos,

Kennedy to FWD because that is where he is supposed to be. You do not need MPP until the byes arrive and you trade into it at that time.

@Herbie,

For a Collingwood supporter there are a lot of Swans in there. If I recall correctly, I pointed out to you on another thread that MID is where the points are made.

You should be happy with R1 results for Malceski and Grundy, but (in hindsight) it may have been wiser to have Bugg onfield rather than Ellis. Mummy was okay (just), but Goodes did not look promising in a game where he should have gone huge. Your midfield selection gets interesting in R2 and 3 with JMac having a rest and Shiel trying to find match fitness. Why would you be looking at trading Riewoldt? Either he performs or he doesn't.

Have tried cleaning my glasses but afraid your DEF (2-3-4) and FWD (3-3-3) is not in any way apparent to me.