Poll alert - not many to go now

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by TheTassieHawk, Jul 22, 2020.

?

Would you support tweaking the current ORFFF fixture if we play though bye rounds (see OP)

1. If teams can play teams equally affected in any given bye round this is fairer to all teams

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. I do not support tweaking the fixture at all because any fixture is luck of the draw

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  3. I do not support tweaking the fixture at all because finals will show who the best team is

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Other - please comment

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I don't care - decide on my behalf

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Please read
    http://tooserious.net/forum/threads...ure-polls-please-read-this-main-thread.90703/
    first before completing any polls

-----------------------------------------------------
    Note by tweaking the fixture I mean this

Round 9 (no byes) - Team 1 plays Team 2, Team 3 plays Team 4, Team 5 plays Team 6

Round 10 - Team 1 plays Team 4, Team 3 plays Team 6, Team 5 plays Team 2
    - Teams 1 and 2 each have 3 players having the bye, Teams 3 and 4 each have 6 players having the bye, Teams 5 and 6 each have 9 players having the bye

Due to unfairness of the 3rd match with Team 5 having 9 out and Team 2 having 3 players out the order of Rounds 9 and 10 is swapped, leaving all matchups even form the point of squad size prior to factoring in injuries and suspension

--------------

In practice Round swapping is unlikely to make such a pronounced difference but the 16 team draw broken into sections of 4 allows swapping of pairs of matchups from one week to another without disrupting the everyone plays everyone once principle. That way matchups can be structured so there may only be 3-4 players different in any given bye round.

Round 8 would remain as is and the fixture after that (Rounds 9 to 12/13/14/15) would be rescheduled over the weekend of round 8 and loaded up next week.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020