Publishing jobs in Singapore......

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Simonoz, Jul 26, 2012.

1. snoz

snoz Moderator

Hey guys,

I've been posting this all over the internets :) over here, figured some of you may know some young, publishing type people possibly looking for work:

I am a recruiter based in the States & have been recruiting for Publishing for 18 years. I am posting this on here in case anyone knows anyone that would like to move overseas for a year or two.

I have a client in Singapore (Academic Publisher) that has numerous vacancies. I have worked with them over the past 12 months; they are hungry to hire & great to work with. Over they coming 12 months there will also be other openings throughout all of their divisions, both Stateside & in Singapore but also in the UK, Australia, Malaysia & India.

These jobs are all open……

1. Publisher ~ Location Tarrytown, NY ~ 132k
    2. Senior Editors ~ Location Singapore ~ 60k
    3. Content Editors ~ Location Singapore ~ 60k
    4. Acquisitions Associates ~ Location Singapore ~ 50/60k
    5. Instructional Designers ~ Location Singapore ~ 45/55k

The Singapore positions are paid in SGD, today about 80c on the US dollar.
    There are anywhere from 2-4 roles available for each one; they also ongoing spots, meaning they are ALWAYS looking for them.

They will take candidates FROM ANYWHERE in the world. They currently have staff from the UK, Australia, India & China. Interviews will be conducted over the phone & thru Skype. Successful incumbents will be flown to Singapore & given a months accommodation in a hotel as they get acclimated. They will handle all visa issues.

Obviously candidates with 3-4 years experience & no ties are ideal, however some families have also relocated there.

Basically, you show me a kid with a couple of years experience in Academic Publishing & I’ll move them overseas.

So please keep an eye out for these young Academic Publishing Editors or Designers that WANT TO SEE THE WORLD…..or at least Singapore for a year or two.

The last few years has been very slow in the Publishing world ~ there are a lot of out work Editors & Designers. Remember they can come from anywhere in the world.

2. G-Train

G-Train Member

How do you become an editor?

3. volley

volley New Member

I am currently a publisher with a nion-for-profit organisation. I need to get back into the real world, and will consider option in Singapore as first, but anywhere after that.
    I am a commercial publisher - not an editor - and run magazines to make money.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
    Best regards

Frank Paul

4. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

5. TerryinBangkok

<blockquote>Quote from Philosoraptor on July 26, 2012, 09:54
    How do you become an editor?</blockquote>

You either have it when the egg hatches, or you don't.

6. graeme

graeme Guest

tres interestment TiB, so I should not blame you for the rejection slips from Econometrica, the Journal of Finance, the Journal of Financial Economics and the Journal of Quantitative Analysis? That only leave one person to blame .... damn.

7. TerryinBangkok

Certainly you cannot blame me chels. I am incapable of responding to the mountain of subcontinent mail, as well as countries in Africa that were born while I was watching Geelong vs Adelaide, so no question of having any time to hand out rejection slips. I set up these journals to give myself something to do. That was before I discovered Super Coach, so the journals now have to wait their turn.

8. snoz

snoz Moderator

Yes yes yes......I forgot all about this TiB (not the jobs, the posting on here)

Your name was easy to spot on those Advisory Boards....the only non DR

9. graeme

graeme Guest

when I was a mere stripling (a time before some posters were gleams in their parents' eyes) I studied Accounting. The letters DR stood for Debit, as opposed to CR (which was shorthand for Credit). In a strange, roundabout way you have praised TiB.