Quick wrap up of the U18's.

Discussion in 'Blog' started by DAZZLER, Jun 26, 2008.

By DAZZLER on Jun 26, 2008 at 10:00 AM
  1. DAZZLER

DAZZLER New Member

Alright, Im just going to blatantly rip off the Freak-o this week... though Ill throw in a few comments at the bottom. :)

WESTERN AUSTRALIA
    83 – Matt DeBoer: Here’s a player who will be a good cash cow for 2008. Is a ball magnet who currently leads the carnival in disposals with 69 in three games.
    72 – Nicholas Naitanui: Another encouraging performance from the big man who will excite crowds for the next decade. Won 18 hitouts and had 13 disposals but failed to take a mark which is why I still see him as having questionable DreamTeam potential.
    70 – Neville Jetta: Exciting indigenous player who picked up 15 disposals and provided plenty of run. Needs to win a bit more of the ball to be a serious DreamTeam prospect though.
    58 – Stephen Hill: Expect this star to be a bolter in this year’s draft ala Scott Pendlebury in 2005. Has clean hands, is a super kick and has genuine pace. One of my favourites at the minute.
    50 – Daniel Rich: Another disappointing effort from the highly touted midfielder. Had only eight disposals and will need to pull his finger out in the last two games to remain in top-five calculations for the draft.

VIC COUNTRY
    87 – Jack Ziebell: Looms as a possible top six pick after a superb performance on Saturday where he picked up 22 disposals. Has poise and is a gun at the stoppages. May play AFL next year.
    49 – Steele Sidebottom: Has now played three good games in a row and dominates at TAC Cup level for flag favourites Murray. I’m a big fan and expect him to be a handy DreamTeam player as early as 2009.

SOUTH AUSTRALIA
    80 – Jay Shannon: In his first appearance for the carnival Shannon picked up 21 disposals and laid three tackles to be one of his state’s best.
    68 – Rhys O’Keefe: Has been the Croweaters’ best player throughout the carnival, averaging 17 disposals and three rebound 50s as a running defender.
    46 – Hamish Hartlett: Started off well with eight disposals in the opening term but struggled after that. Still yet to have over 14 disposals in a game in the carnival.

VIC METRO
    101 – Jack Watts: Put his hand up to be the No.1 selection of this year’s draft – in front of Naitanui – with a sensational display both in the air and on the deck. Took seven marks, won 17 disposals and booted five goals in the best individual game of the Championships to date.
    94 – David Zaharakis: Has now put in three solid performances on the wing. He’s a running machine who finds plenty of the ball and is a good chance to play AFL in 2009.
    79 – Shaun McKernan: Corey’s brother put in another impressive display, taking seven marks and winning 15 hitouts.

Wow, will Rich be the lock that everyone thought he was? regardless, I still see him getting picked up by either Freo or West Coast, and with their sus youth policies, it might be interesting.
    Ziebell, from all reports, has been looking good, Im gunna be penciling him in.
    DeBoer, another great performance.
    And Jack Watts, put his hand up for #1 and put his name on my radar. Will definitely be tracking this kid.

And, can we all take a moment of silence to remember Eric Wakawakawakawakawaka (As Fozzie used to say). Terribly unfortunate to go down injured during the carnival. Luckily he has done enough to keep his name up on the radar though.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by DAZZLER, Jun 26, 2008.