Rate My Team 2015 (1st Edition)

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 11, 2015.

By Jason on Mar 11, 2015 at 11:00 AM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

<p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]Let's set the ground rules for RMT, nice and clear.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback,your post will be deleted.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]To kick things off, I'll put my current SC team up for discussion.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]/Portals/0/Users/222/74/4574/RMT2.JPG
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;][span style='color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]Search hard, find that value and follow your instincts! Or just tell me I'm dreaming and where I've gone wrong. :)

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 11, 2015.

1. choppers
      choppers
      An interesting structure. Like what you've done with your def and rucks, but that's come at the expense of one or 2 premo mids.. But as you noted, go with your gut.
    2. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      only a quick first look Jase but first question is what does your bye structure looking like ?? and second is do you have any Essendon players you are considering if the Essendon 34 are found guilty or if they get off?

My thoughts:-
      I was a little surpirsed you managed to fit in 14 players over $400k with 4 premiums in the mids as most teams I have seen so far this year only have 13 or one of their mids a little riskier than Griffen.

I can see some reasonable value in most of your picks but with only $55k in the bank and a lot of dirt cheap (sub 130k) rookies some of which might need replacing by $150k-$200k types I can see you possibly having to trade in a genuine midpricer to fit into the salary cap prior to Round 1, which in my opinion leaves you very exposed to your mid-priced picks
    3. stripey
      stripey
      lol at Higgins making another return to SC relevance, can easily say my team will be vastly different from yours. Bonts is an interesting choice but I know why you have gone with him.

Are you planning on upgrading someone in your forward line should a ruckman go missing in the first few weeks of the year and you need the DPP? Personally i will be starting with Lycett in the fwd line as my backup to NicNat to avoid having to do that trade.
    4. Jason
      Jason
      Very true. I had been considering someone priced around Brad Crouch instead of Ben Newton, but that meant playing an extra rookie in defence and I just can't see there being enough cheap options back there this year to make it work.
    5. Jason
      Jason
      Definitely considering Lycett. He is the same-ish price as Bontempelli and could take that slot in the next week or two, particularly if NicNat is a no show over the preseason.

If R1/R2 goes down early, plan B at the moment is to trade down to Lobbe or similar priced option instead.
    6. choppers
      choppers
      No other teams posted so far apart from Jason's, so I'll post mine

DEF: Shaw H. Smith Newnes(M) Geary Pearce(M) Hamling ( Edwards Saad(M) )

MID: Ablett Pendlebury Selwood J. Beams D. Griffen Newton Vandenberg Dawson (Miller Freeman Steele(F) )

RUC: Sandilands Goldstein (Read (F) )

FWD: Deledio(M) Bartel Swan(M) Clark Hogan Lonie (Krakouer(M) Lambert(M) )

$133,300 left and 1967.38 projected score. All rookies subject to change depending on avail. Rd1.
    7. walesy
      walesy
      I gotta say, I like the spending structure. :D

Reckon Karny is gunna get an actual crack this year? Will be a must have if he's named in round 1, for sure.

Just to add another team to the discussion:

Def: Shaw, Newnes, Suckling, Savage, Mayes, Kolo K (Dalgleish, Goddard)
      Mid: Ablett, Pendles, Beams, Sloane, Van Berlo, Brayshaw, Duggan, Heeney (Anderson, Boekhorst, Freeman)
      Ruc: Goldstein, Naitanui (Cox)
      Fwd: Martin D, Bennell, Swan, Martin J, Clark, Steele, (Lamb, Lambert)

Seems to be a lot of rookie options this year. I like that. :D
    8. walesy
      walesy
      Defence rookies look horrible this year. Historically, they've been excellent starters due to the low ceiling of the D6/7 position- but this year, I don't see it.
    9. Jason
      Jason
      Haven't done much research on byes yet TTH. Ablett and Pendlebury share a bye I think. That's about as far as it goes currently. I think the early upgrades are where bye consideration is most important, starting team should be best value available, as long as it doesn't totally imbalance byes.

I really don't like picks between 150k and 400k. I didn't especially want to spend 200k+ on Newton for instance, but he looks better than the other options at this stage. I am less worried than you are about finding sub-150k players during R1. They will be around, but just might not be the guys I have listed in my team today.
    10. walesy
      walesy
      I like the idea of being prepared for the worst.

If your ruckman goes down early, it's a heck of a lot easier to trade in that swing R/F up forward, than it is to drop everything and trade out a 2 week ruck injury.
    11. walesy
      walesy
      I like the Clancee pick. Don't know if I'll have the stones myself to go with it though! :D
    12. Jason
      Jason
      Sandilands could be a unique pick this year. Fancy that after being in most teams last year (due to massive starting discount of course).

I'm unconvinced about Clark, especially at F4. He didn't look ready during first NAB hitout, would need to do a lot more in the preseason to make my starting team.

130k is a fair amount of coin to have left over. Have you considered upgrading Geary to a higher-priced DEF option?
    13. Jason
      Jason
      Karnezis looked nice in NAB1, just need to see if he is infront of the other similar types at Collingwood. More likely to be named R1 than not at this stage in my view.

I have looked at KK a number of times, he's just awkwardly priced. Will continue to watch him closely.
    14. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      No Robbie Gray chief - interesting gamble, especially after he pumped out a 28 disp, 3 goal 169SC on the small Norwood Oval which hampered Port's running game - and he done all that whilst suffering the FLU!!!
    15. Jason
      Jason
      And considering that there were 8 extra players in that game compared to regular season, 169SC was a massive score.

Overall average SC per player in regular games is 75 per players, average in NAB is about 63 I think.
    16. choppers
      choppers
      I'm not 100% sold on Clark either but will wait til closer to Rd1. I have considered upgrading Geary as well but want to see a bit more first and with 133k left, it enables me to do that if needed. I have Vlastuin Langdon Haynes Savage, all on my DEF watchlist.
    17. walesy
      walesy
      And for the 3rd quarter, he played one handed and he hugged puppies at half time and made a thousand ladies weak at the knees walking down the race.

:D

T'was a good game, no doubt, but I don't like judging my premo's on the pre season. :D
    18. choppers
      choppers
      I can't seem to warm to Karnezis although he's well priced. He seems to me to be always hanging around waiting for an opportunity, instead of creating the opportunity. He had a good NAB #1, but he's just as likely to go missing in the next 2-3 games, IMO.
    19. Jason
      Jason
      On Essendon, would take Hibberd if no penalty applies.

Goddard or Chapman could be interesting if the 34 are rubbed out for extended period.