Rate My Team 2015 (3rd Edition)

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 27, 2015.

By Jason on Mar 27, 2015 at 11:00 AM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Again the old thread was getting really long so time for a new one. Links to previous threads:
    RMT 1st edition
    RMT 2nd edition
    Who knows how many times I will change this again before R1 lockout arrives. I suspect the rookie-priced options will move around a bit. But I think I'm mostly happy with the keepers and 'almost-keepers'.
    Presently my bye structure is 7/10/13 which not what I want it to be. 8/11/11 would be much better. I will need to be careful with early upgrades to be sure to improve this position. But it's not impossible to improve the balance before R11, so I'm happy enough for now. What does your bye structure look like?
    Who else is onboard the various bandwagons of some of the players in my team below?
    /Portals/0/Users/222/74/4574/RMT4.JPG
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;][span style='background: #fcfcfc;]Just to repeat the ground rules for RMT:
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work.
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback,your post will be deleted.
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule.
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 27, 2015.

1. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Made just about all the changes I am contemplating Jason. Perhaps not such a good sign for you. Amazing what one weekend of footy can do.

I suspect Arbtell has played Swan out of a lot of sides.
    2. Jason
      Jason
      What happened to mid-priced madness Terry? You didn't sell out and join the cookie cutters did you? :)

Say it ain't so...
    3. walesy
      walesy
      Saad got himself elevated
    4. choppers
      choppers
      And 'burnman' Broughton as well.......
    5. choppers
      choppers
      I'm playing Bartel and Swan.....
    6. Jason
      Jason
      A little ambiguous, because there are two rookie-listed Saads out there.

The Gold Coast one in this case.
    7. choppers
      choppers
      Pretty solid team there Jason. Of course rookies may change during the next week or so but forward line is looking good and midfield without GAJ looks strange. I honestly think he'll be right Rd1, as he's a true pro and he's training this week while everyone else can have a 3 day break, but will his output be up to 130pts, that's the query for me.
    8. TerryinBangkok
    9. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      It ain't so J Dog.

I just reviewed the weekend performances and came up with the same conclusions, esp. for rookies.
    10. Iain
      Iain
      Some good changes there Jase.

Here's my current team, but there are a few areas I'm not that keen on and have $90K to make some changes with.

Laird I would like to upgrade, but at worst could downgrade to Dalgleish. Higgins a big worry but not much better around.
      Treloar I would also like to upgrade, but no stand-out replacements. Would like to get Cripps in for Steele but not sure where the money would be best spent.
      Nic Nat worried me a fair bit on the weekend.
      Swan also not looking great, but awkwardly priced to upgrade him to someone else (Bartel).

Newnes, Lumumba, Suckling, Higgins, Laird, Saad (McIntosh, Hamling)
      Pendlebury, Fyfe, Selwood, Treloar, Dangerfield, Heeney, Vandenberg, Ellis-Yolmen (Miller, Steele, Lambert)
      Maric, Naitanui (Cox)
      Deledio, Martin, Bennell, Swan, Clark, Lonie (Hogan, Daniel)

Thoughts?
    11. Jason
      Jason
      Goodes is similarly priced to Laird (even a bit cheaper) and worth a look as a cheaper mid-price DEF.

Consider Saad to MID line if you can, for DPP link.

Looking unlikely that Steele and/or Lambert will be named, who are the alternates in these slots if they don't show up for R1?

Needs more Bont.

Have you looked at your bye distribution?
    12. choppers
      choppers
      I'm going to go with GAJ, but will have plan B in case he doesn't come up......and Goodes Lambert and Vandenberg will change if not elevated off the rookie list. $80,800 remaining.

DEF: Shaw Gibson Johnson Newnes Goodes McIntosh (Saad Hamling)
      MID: GAJ Pendles Selwood Beams Wells Cripps Heeney Vandenberg (Miller CEY Blakely)
      RUC: Sandilands Goldstein (Read)
      FWD: Gray Bartel Swan Salem Clark Lambert (McGrath Daniel)
    13. Iain
      Iain
      I'd need to hear more from the Dogs about Goodes getting games this year first, but worth considering.

Saad I'm very hesitant to move, since he's the only defensive rookie I have faith in getting early games.

Steele to Cripps would be ideal, but still thinking about where to spend the cash. What makes you say that on Lambert? Tigers players were pretty keen on him getting games last week.

Swan to Bont?

Not yet for byes, I'm guessing there will be issues though since you're asking.
    14. Jason
      Jason
      Has Wells ever been good at SC? Why would he start to be good at it now, at the age of 30? Can't see this selection ending well for you. Bit of a nothing pick in my view, guys priced at ~300k aren't often relevant for SC, unless their name is Sandilands and it is the 2014 preseason.

Not really any other major issues that I can see. I suspect Wells was the best you could afford when you included Ablett? I reckon you'd be better off choosing Fyfe and a $520k MID.
    15. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Scratching my head over the choice of M. Johnson. Reliability perhaps in the face of rolling the dice with Harry O and Missy?

Blakely and Heeney are good choices but are in teams that are both notorious for not giving the youngsters much TOG.

Rucks are solid, if not a wee expensive. There is a theory that rucks will score less under new SC/CD rules, perhaps we will see more even scores with less ceiling? If so, it raises the ? of investment in that dept. vs elsewhere. Still think you have made the right choice Jason.

Tom Lamb should be a good pick for as long as Darling remains injured.
    16. choppers
      choppers
      hey BB, You could downgrade Laird to Dalgleish , and upgrade Higgins to any of the premos around $480-500K. That should leave about 80K and then you could go Treloar to Jordan Lewis or similar and still have about 70K. I like your FWD line but not sure Lonie will score enough in the Saints fwd line, although I like the kid.
    17. Nick
      Nick
      Has Goodes been elevated from the rookie list?
    18. Jason
      Jason
      Not as yet. With Libba's LTI, the club could announce it next week sometime rather than today's deadline for rookie upgrades - which only applies for clubs who presently have less than 40 senior listed players. Dogs have 40 on the senior list currently.
    19. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      I would be inclined to stick with Treloar BB - bit of a pod and could step up a little more this year with the focus elsewhere.

Agree on Steele to Cripps, has to be done. And Swan or Bennell to Bonts.

As a navy person, do you think the Rainbow will get a run?