Rate My Team 2016 - NAB edition

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 27, 2016.

By Jason on Feb 27, 2016 at 9:11 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

So we've had a chance to see something of each team through the first round of NAB challenge matches. Always remember to take pre-season form with grain of salt!

A bit of a worrying trend has emerged - we may have a lack of DEF and FWD rookies to choose from by the time round 1 rolls around. Fingers crossed that some decent cash cows on these lines present themselves! Some cause for concern for all those SC teams who have loaded up on expensive MID players, because that sort of team structure may not be sustainable with this few DEF or FWD rookies.

I'm not convinced that either Collins or Adams will be selected by the Western Bulldogs for R1. Would be great for all SC teams if they did, but not looking likely at this stage. Petracca still in cotton wool is also getting more doubtful for R1 by the day.

Here's my current SC team:
    Capture.JPG

I'm running Mills-free for now, because keeping him would mean downgrading one of my starting keepers to a mid-pricer and I'm not currently convinced on enough of the mid-price options to take that structure.

Probably plenty of changes yet to be made though, particularly as the cash cow situation becomes clearer. But I'm getting more and more comfortable with the starting keepers.

Just as a reminder, the ground rules for RMT are as follows:

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)

2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted.:mad:

3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule.:cool:

4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 27, 2016.

1. walesy
      walesy
      Based on his history, reckon you're gunna need a Tippett if you're running Gawn.

Hopefully he can keep it together though, looks a great option otherwise.
    2. RPritch
      RPritch
      Definitely a few PODs in your premiums there Jason. Especially haven't seen much of Robinson, Bonts or Rance. I love Rance, however for me there are better options than Bonts and Robinson at their prices
    3. RPritch
      RPritch
      Here's my team, out of all players over $200k I'm least certain on Aish, Smith and Wingard atm. Rip it to shreds if you want :) Supercoach Team #2.png
    4. Jason
      Jason
      Aish would have to actually do something in the NAB rounds before he is any chance to be selected in my team. Being an early draft pick is great, but he just doesn't appear to be able to win his own ball.

Hard to get a read on Duncan's prospects given that Dangerfield has arrived yet J.Selwood is under an injury cloud. S.Selwood has also arrived although maybe not as significant as No.35. Duncan is in the perfect bracket to break-out, but there are too many question marks for me. Could be a great selection for you though.

You don't think Grimley is a chance to play?
      I like the BenKen selection. Can't find the $$ to get him into my team at the moment though.

If Crouch/Bird became keeper/rookie, would you like your team's prospects better?
      • Like Like x 1
    5. RPritch
      RPritch
      Thanks for the feedback. I probably should have mentioned that I haven't changed the rookies for a while so some may be a bit outdated. Aish is actually highly unlikely to still be there rd1 but I just haven't worked out what to do there instead. For Crouch/Bird I have looked at it a lot and so far do believe I want that pair over a keeper/rookie pair. Although the thing with that is that I am backing Crouch in to do well enough to at least in some way justify having him and then may go further to being even more than that. Therefore I may end up swapping Bird/Aish for a keeper/rookie rather than taking out Crouch.
    6. walesy
      walesy
      Tell you what, Mid priced madness is taking shape this year. :D

upload_2016-2-28_11-13-32.png

Just a shame I had to lose Duncan to upgrade Lobbe. :D
    7. Penske file
      Penske file
      The formula seems to be set and forget rucks, 4 prem/highmid priced players topped up with rookies for def,mid fwd lines. Bye rounds come into contention . I'm liking both of these sides RPritch and Jason .NAB influences choices week by week.
    8. walesy
      walesy
      Lots of Bombers around the place still! What will they need to do today to keep their spot?
    9. Owen
      Owen
      No Tippet to match with Gawn Walesy? :D
    10. Penske file
      Penske file
      My current team.
      houli,doc,birch,smith,tucker,m.brown(ess)broad
      danger,pendles,ablett,rock,libba,mills,Gresham,Mathieson,McPherson
      goldy,gawn,grimley
      martin,wing,barlow,greene,milera,McCarthy,hunt,cox
    11. walesy
      walesy
      Gawn AND Mumford! :D Definitely gunna need to get Tippett in. Sorry Mitch :(
      • Like Like x 1
    12. Jason
      Jason
      I reckon I could go back through each of the past few years of RMT and find a similar mid-priced madness team that Walesy has put up as a decoy.

No Howe from the Hawks. Fail.
    13. Jason
      Jason
      Structure looks OK, except that you're missing a DEF and a MID. :eek:

Much easier to fit under the $10m salary cap if you only have to pick 28 players!
    14. walesy
      walesy
      Howe is fools gold! The above guys are gold locked brilliance.
    15. Penske file
      Penske file
      Missing Collins D6 Petracca M9. Looking to bring in B Kennedy for Petracca maybe, needs some jiggling perhaps Goldy to Martin frees up some cash. Thanks Jason.
    16. Merc89
      Merc89
      @Jason I like your PODs, some different ones in there, though im not entirely sold on the midfield (just looks weird without a pendles, danger). Love the robinson pick, could put you ahead of the pack if it comes off.
      Seeing a lot of love for tippet, normally in a team with Gawn. Im running Gawn atm but no tippet so im interested in what people would recommend when I put my team up.
      I normally like to go into the year with a bit more money in the bank for corrections, not sure normally if your one to use every dollar or its just come out that way this year?

Id drop Bird to a Wells or a rookie priced player. Id also swap Kommer for Grimley.
      Get rid of Aish and put brown on field, find another low priced player to put on your bench.

I think your being held back a little bit with some really premium rookies which is putting some more mid priced players into your team. 3 in the midfield you wont score the points the people who have loaded their mids will and you wont generate the cash that those who have loaded up on the right rookies will.
      All IMO of course.
    17. Nick
      Nick
      I like the new iteration Jason. Structure is solid. Bonts could be seen as a biased pick, however I think we all hope he'll go bang because wow it would look nice. Not for me though.
      Not convinced on the Tippet pick still, even with the coverage you're getting through the DPP ruck. Has to show a lot more to get a spot in my team. Mitch Robbo worries me too, still too subject to a brain fade and a few weeks on the sidelines after trying to lead his young brigade with some smash and bash.

Here's my current team. Gawn over Lobbe is looking too obvious to ignore, and so had to free up cash by downgrading Shaw to Rance and Buddy to De Goey. The latter looked good and will hopefully run through the midfield with Swan resting up forward more. Is very midprice and I don't like the price in the $300k area, however he's in there for now.
      Happy to be able to squeeze Danger, Fye and Gaz in there. Rookies all up the air bar a few which have seemed to have locked themlseves.

teamfeb.jpg
      • Like Like x 1
    18. walesy
      walesy
      Wowzers, Gawn is everywhere now, isn't he!

And I for one, welcome our injury prone overlord.
    19. Jason
      Jason
      Not sure that deGoey gets as much midfield time once Adams/Pendlebury and co return to the 22, but all power to you if he breaks out this year.

Gibson may not have the same license to roam with Lake's retirement, I'd be worried that his role might change in 2016 to the detriment of his SC scoring.

Otherwise looking good.