Rate My Team 2016: Post-NAB Edition

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2016.

By Jason on Mar 14, 2016 at 4:02 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Where did all the rookie-priced players go?

Petracca, Cuningham, Keays, Mathieson, Collins, Yarran and Brown (WC) were all looking like good things in February and now look highly unlikely to play R1. Looks like it is going to be really hard to find cheap rookies who look likely to play early games in 2016.

Hopefully when R1 teams start to drop, we will see some decent options at bargain-basement prices. If not, we may all need to restructure our teams to accomodate some more $200k+ options.

I've made lots of changes over the last round of NAB challenge matches. I'm not 100% sold on some of them, but this is where my team is currently at.

Libba has left the building. Hello Daniel Wells, welcome aboard. Petracca will hopefully become a different rookie, should one present themselves when R1 teams are named. Otherwise he's not the worst emergency loophole option to use with some of my higher-priced rookies.

Cox > Grimley based mainly on loophole potential. Grimley just doesn't look likely to provide any meaningful coverage. Neither does Cox, but if the Collingwood tall division cops an injury he doesn't look be too far down the pecking order. Not 100% convinced on my R3 though.

Hopefully each of McDonald-Tipungwuit, Davis and Ruggles get elevated prior to R1. Otherwise my structure is in some serious trouble and I'll have to downgrade elsewhere.

Capture.JPG

I've made lots of changes over the last round of NAB challenge matches. I'm not 100% sold on some of them, but this is where my team is currently at.

Libba has left the building. Hello Daniel Wells, welcome aboard.

Petracca will hopefully become a different rookie, should one present themselves when R1 teams are named. Otherwise he's not the worst emergency loophole option to use with some of my higher-priced rookies.

Cox > Grimley based mainly on loophole potential. Grimley just doesn't look likely to provide any meaningful coverage. Neither does Cox, but if the Collingwood tall division cops an injury he doesn't look be too far down the pecking order. Not 100% convinced on my R3 though.

Hopefully each of McDonald-Tipungwuit, Davis and Ruggles get elevated prior to R1. Otherwise my structure is in some serious trouble and I'll have to downgrade elsewhere.

Just as a reminder, the ground rules for RMT are as follows:

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. DannyG
      DannyG
      Huge R1 projection Jason!! JJ has replaced B.Smith in my team. Weitering & Dea were the only standout rookies in my opinion but I can only fit one in. I am starting with Dea at the moment. Solid mids & rucks. I am not sold on Robinson, he has always looked the goods during the preseason but has never delivered during the home & away season.
      Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
      • Like Like x 3
    2. DannyG
      DannyG
      Here is my team. Tear it to bits.
      upload_2016-3-14_18-21-4.png

Attached Files:

3. Royboy Forever
      Royboy Forever
      Jason I'm with DannyG on Robinson - It is a risk but maybe age and a new club has settled him down but he does scare me - maybe someone else with NAB form like Sam Gray or even Lance Franklin might be a more conservative option. Love the Ruck set-up as it is the same as mine and I wish I could get Johannisen in my team after his last NAB game
    4. Royboy Forever
      Royboy Forever
      Danny G I am not 100% sure that WCE Mitch Brown (didn't he hurt a finger) and Brad Crouch (demoted to SANFL) will play round 1
    5. Jason
      Jason
      Overall, looks reasonably well balanced to me.

I think Keays played in the NEAFL recently and copped an injury? Not sure that he will be available for R1.

I'm worried that Gibson will play more of a lockdown role during the home and away stuff, especially now that Lake has retired and Shoenmakers is playing forward. But he did score very well during the NAB matches.
    6. Royboy Forever
      Royboy Forever
      We discussed the Gibson/Birchall dilemma over on the other thread - I have now left them both out and will look to do a trade-up to whomever becomes the rebounder.
    7. Royboy Forever
      Royboy Forever
      I was going to paste in my team but can't do it with snipping tool- how do you guys copy and paste it so it looks good
    8. Jason
      Jason
      I used the snipping tool! Save the image locally on desktop and then upload as an attachment.
      Change the view to a smaller window helps to shrink the width of the image.
    9. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Nice to see JJ rated by somebody!

I'd rather pick Kennedy or Anderson than keep Pettraca in side now as he's a perfect downgrade target once he starts and they're not going to rush him in.

Think the rookies are in the forward line this year, so will strongly considering going just 2 prems, though may chicken out and select 3. :D

Finding it tough to fit Goldie in, especially at his price. Top priced rucks usually never perform well if memory serves.
    10. DannyG
      DannyG
      I read Crouch picked up a lazy 40 possessions in the SANFL over the weekend. Providing his body pulls up okay, he will be hard to ignore but there is a big question mark over his durability.
      • Like Like x 1
    11. DannyG
      DannyG
      Tks for your comments Jason. Like you said, there are a lot question marks over a number off rookies this year.
      With Shaw as an exception, I find all the def very inconsistent. Better off spending your cap elsewhere!!
    12. walesy
      walesy
      Instead of saving it locally and attaching, I just get my snipping tool to copy onto my clipboard and paste it directly into the posting box.
    13. walesy
      walesy
      Woah jase. No libba! Valley. What are you off?
    14. walesy
      walesy
      Yeah, M. Brown (WCE) is out for 6 weeks. Notice that M. Brown (ESS) is missing though...
    15. walesy
      walesy
      Yeah, he smashed. 40 touches for the game, 24 up to half time.
    16. Jason
      Jason
      If he knocks out two 110+ scores to start, I'll mess around to bring him in. Otherwise, not looking like he'll make my team at this stage.

Or if we get more sub-130k options, Wells might go back to being Libba.
    17. Royboy Forever
      Royboy Forever
      Here is another go at snipping tool - more appropriate size - Not sure on Howe in backline as he might not make it Royboy Forever 2016 03 14.PNG hope
    18. Len
      Len
      Agree Howe is an issue given Dea likely to score as much but a lot cheaper.
      Might be my bad but can't buy Ablett at the price unseen or Libba on exposed form this year, him to MCrouch feels easy.
      McPherson I am told is no chance, Davis a better option, also prefer Mills value equation to Olivers
      Stringer feels hit and hope.
    19. Micksdemons
      Micksdemons
      Great work Jason - I've been toying with losing Libba - he's going to play forward more and I'm unconvinced that he'll score like he did - that then leaves room for Dea and Oliver for Brown a and Libba leaving Mills or Parish as the other onfield mid rookie - don't like Robinson either - like the set and forget rucks and JJ at D4
      • Like Like x 2