Rate My Team (RMT) 2016 - Mid February Edition

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 9, 2016.

By Jason on Feb 9, 2016 at 4:23 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The TooSerious tradition that is Rate My Team (RMT) is back in 2016!

Let's set the ground rules for RMT, nice and clear.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

To kick things off, I'll put my current SC team up for discussion. :spoton:

Capture.JPG

Find that value, search hard and follow your instincts!
    Or just tell me I'm dreaming and where I've gone wrong...
    ;)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 9, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. Penske file
      Penske file
      Interesting balance, especially midfield. Like forward set up .Some unknowns on backline, but haven't we all. Rucks strong.
      • Like Like x 1
    2. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      @Jason - Solid effort there. A lot of similarities to where i'm at.
      Am I imagining things or did I initially see Pendles and Anderson in there?
      In any case, I feel that having more than one of Libba/Crouch/JOM is a trap. Sure you can correct early on without too much loss but I reckon the gamble is too great. Libba would be my choice, with some reasonable history. Crouch sounds enticing in a depleted Crab midfield but I cant see him coming in and banging out tons (or even 90s for that matter). I see more bang for buck (cash generation) in a rookie instead.

Heater and Goldy are way overs for mine and i'm considering a cheaper spend on these two slots to give me another premo mid.
      No doubt that will come back to bite me.:confused:
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Jason
      Jason
      I got a sneaky ninja edit in before anyone commented. ;)

Shaw is overs? He is head and shoulders better than any other DEF option, for good reason - he consistently scored well last year. That's not overs, that's premium. Shaw has been at the level before, so hardly a flash in the pan form line.

Once you take Libba, the other 300k either goes on a similar player (Crouch) or stays in the bank and another rookie goes onfield. I'd rather take the extra 20 or more points than keep the $$$ in the bank.

If Crouch stays on the park, he doesn't average less than 80, which is way more than his start price. With Dangerfield out, Crouch can easily score 90s in the 2016 Adelaide midfield. See how he travels in NAB, but he's due for a run of good injury luck, surely.
    4. Penske file
      Penske file
      b/.shaw,KK,bartel,malceski,neal-bullen,M.brown(ess) rice,golds.
      m/.pendles,dange,GAJ,rockliff,libba,b.crouch,c.mills,kerride,keays,Redmond,hibberd.
      r/martin.nicnat.cox.
      f/martin,wingard,stringer,d.menzel,schache,petracca,yarran,d.wyatt
    5. walesy
      walesy
      JOM is a massive trap- will be underdone come round 1 and a good chance to play in the magoos for a few weeks. Suns have learnt their lesson from rushing Ablett back.

Crouch and Libba though- both we on my radar for last year as out and out premium chances. Absolute bargains! :D
    6. Jason
      Jason
      You've taken my tendency for midpricers and certainly raised the bar!

Some injury concerns over Naitanui, currently being "managed".

If all of your risks come off, you're a genius. Certainly you appear willing to take some risks with that starting line-up.

Like the Stringer pick. Awkwardly priced, but certainly could explode.
      • Like Like x 1
    7. walesy
      walesy
      Holy formatting batman! :D I put line breaks in it for ya. :D

Schache is getting hyped up something crazy at the moment isn't he!

Loving the Stringer pick though. Not sure if it's a year too early on him- but he's easy money to improve.
    8. Penske file
      Penske file
      Bear with me guys, low grade computer skills. We all start at sometime, me later than most.! I posted my team evidently deleted.
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Penske file
    10. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      upload_2016-2-9_19-52-45.png
      Ok, pick the eyes out!
    11. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      At $600K+ Shaw is over priced. I'm not saying he's not a top 10 defender, just that I don't see him holding that price.
      Upgrade target.
      I get twitchy paying over $500K for a starting defender, let alone $600K.

Hey, what would I know. I have no form in this caper... :spud:
    12. walesy
      walesy
      Ki- That looks a lot like my backline- but with an extra premium in there. :D

Love the value in the backline this year. Think there's some solid value around the place.
      • Like Like x 1
    13. walesy
      walesy
      You want midpriced? YOU CANT HANDLE MID PRICED!

upload_2016-2-9_20-42-20.png
      • Like Like x 2
    14. Jason
      Jason
      When do we get to see your "real" team Chief?:p
      • Like Like x 2
    15. walesy
      walesy
      But that team is boss. Might need to trade Aish out for a rookie and go into the season with $200k. :D
    16. Jason
      Jason
      There is no way that either Ablett or Jacobs belong in that "thing" you have created.;)
      • Like Like x 2
    17. Jason
      Jason
      I'm not getting fooled by Daniel Rich being given DPP status. He isn't going to magically score more points in SC in 2016 that he did in 2015 in my view. He's had 7 years in the AFL and if he was going to break out, it should have happened well before now.

I reckon Mills has better pedigree for SC than either Parish or Francis, with only marginally less likelihood of playing regularly from R1. But there's not that much in it.

Gawn is a nice POD.

I think Chol is a poor choice of the F/R cheap R3 options, he plays in the first or second game of the round many times over the early rounds and won't give you a loophole option when most of your other bench players are getting early games.

You're obviously expecting most of the top scorers from the non-MID lines to drop $$ early in 2016, because you have none of Goldstein-Shaw-Deledio. I could make a case for one of these guys starting poorly - but all three? You may drop points compared to the many other teams who pick last year's premium options if they even just hold their 2015 form line. In fact you have none of last year's top scoring FWDs. Risky move.
    18. walesy
      walesy
      Need some captain choices. :D
    19. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Thanks for the feedback Jase.
      Good pick up on Chol, hadn't paid enough attention there.
      Yeah RIch would be a very risky pick given his form line to date.
      As you note, fwds trouble me the most. Of last yrs top 10, only 5 are still fwd eligible (Dusty, Lids, Dahl, Bennell, Zorko).
      Will all these guys remain top 10 by season end?
      Dusty and Lids - probably.
      Dahl - maybe (hope you have the good oil there)
      Bennell and Zorko - not convinced.

Barlow and Joey gaining dpp, push themselves right up to the top of the tree. I can see some real outliers make a push into top 10 fwds also. Guys like Bell, Wingard, Merrett and even Walters (did I just type that?) have opportunities for reasonable on ball minutes.

tbh Dusty and Lids are in and out of my team on a weekly basis now, just can't get the right balance.
      I keep telling myself that this year i'm going to be very risk averse. If only I paid more attention to the voices...