Rd.3 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by NumberWonGuns, Apr 9, 2012.

1. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

With prices about to change all over the shop this is the week people will make those much needed correctional trades to sure up their teams. In my case i have a couple of areas for concern but not sure who should get the chop for who or who shouldnt.

I hvae Broughton and im not convinced he will even average 90 for the year with his role Lyon has him playing. Do i trade him out for say Birchall(sideways premium trade) or for Dempsey(pocket some cash while still netting some worthy points)?

Have Ledger riding the pine, didnt play first week and was sub yesterday and only netted 17 points or so and didnt come on and light it up(As subs probably should being fresh and all).Do i keep the faith hoping he has some full games to come or does he go now before its too late? Maybe for Greene (GWS)?

My last problem area is my fwd rookies, as i have previoulsy mentioned in another thread i have Jeremy Cameron and Dickson. Before the weekend i was pretty worried about Camerons scoring ability being a GWS tall forward but a 58 or so isnt the worst against a North Melb defence that controlled the game from the half backline for the most part. He was also able able to get 40 odd in Rd 1. Dickson on the other hand has had only two scores in the 30's. Do i offload him for Milera or the likes?

Any help on all three matters would be greatly appreciated!

2. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

All trade matters for the following week welcome to be discussed here. Its not just about me and my problems!

3. Rufus

Rufus New Member

Got the same issue with Broughton, I'm hating his role and dont know if its going to get any better.
    I'd like to sideways to Birchall but short 1k.
    Thinking Cripps -> Milera & Broughton -> Birchall.
    Need to have a good think about it tho.

4. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Im thinking Dickson to Milera
    And I really want Dempsey in there but who do I take out for him, Lids, Shaw, Goddard, Birch, Lake, Mohr, Bugg, Ellis Morris. I got 187k in the bank so I can afford to get any one of these guys out but the rookies will moo. So do I just give Dempsey a miss?

5. shaken

shaken New Member

Dempsey, Milera and Greene are all cows that I would like a piece of.

However, I don't know if two games is enough to justify jumping off the (slower moving) cows I have picked > Ledger, Coniglio, Cameron, etc, etc.

A player like Miles is a good example, he hasn't played yet, but will and will generate good cash. Too throw him out and jump on Greene could just be trade wasting.

Having said all that, boy do I have some itchy fingers!

Broughton is the only real mistake I have to rectify. Perhaps him to Dempsey.

6. Ratmata

Ratmata Member

I'm in the same boat with Coniglio. Really want to swap him for greene.

Also looking at shaw(in DT), he's really bad.

Wondering if I should trade in N Roo for Martin or Goodes then grab them as upgrade when they cheap.

My logic tells me this is a bad idea however.

7. hellsangel

hellsangel New Member

shaken - you need to get something for those fingers, cause they don't get any less itchy no matter how good your team is.

but you do need to get ross lyin's ability to affect your team out and fast - wait till you see birchal today and then do the double trade

and remember the golden rules -

dont trade drunk
    dont trade wednesday

8. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

@ratmata dont trade n roo he has tonned up 2 weeks in a row his money will go up, and d martin has got a 68 and 80 somthing he will go down, save your cash

9. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from NumberWonGuns on April 9, 2012, 06:55

Have Ledger riding the pine, didnt play first week and was sub yesterday and only netted 17 points or so and didnt come on and light it up(As subs probably should being fresh and all).Do i keep the faith hoping he has some full games to come or does he go now before its too late? Maybe for Greene (GWS)?

</blockquote>

He had 8 possessions in just over quarter of footy. Also 4 inside 50's & 4 tackles. If it wasnt already junk time i think you'd find those stats would have netted him a few more points. Worry is the sub vest each week as everyone has been warned about from start.

10. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Ledger will be fine, slow burn but good value in time. It would only take a single injury to Saints midfield and his role will change.

11. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

<blockquote>Quote from Fitzy on April 9, 2012, 09:09
    @ratmata dont trade n roo he has tonned up 2 weeks in a row his money will go up, and d martin has got a 68 and 80 somthing he will go down, save your cash</blockquote>

I think you read ratmata backwards.

12. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from Jason on April 9, 2012, 09:24
    Ledger will be fine, slow burn but good value in time. It would only take a single injury to Saints midfield and his role will change.</blockquote>

Spot on. He's already cemented himself in best 22

Is Greene worth jumping on? &#36;146K and averaging 80 odd in 2 matches. Problem is finding someone to trade into him.

Also Marty Clarke down back looks best option and Terry Milera up forward. Think ill hold Broughton at this stage. Gotta have faith! Everyone else will jump off and he;ll be awesome POD when he fires up!

13. gogonz

gogonz New Member

Seriously considering Martin >>> N.Roo. Martin will come good but I never really considered his 1st 5 games when selecting my team. That Trade allows me Swan >>> Pendles which I know is as about as sideways as they come but I can't afford the 40ppg difference any longer. Should of gone with my gut when I thought Swan was off his game. :(

14. herb

herb New Member

chose greene at start of your when saw no one else had him and have watched him closely pre season and these 2 games in. He just racks them up. If he improves his efficiency would have 100+ each week so far. Not even dollars scully racks up 31 possessions and he is the ultimate sheepdog. Broughton to Dempsey is my dilemma also.Would have been a no brainer if he,d kept the beard but now worried he may be samson

15. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

I need more trades in the one week, want to find someone to trade out for Dempsey, Dickson will go out for Milera, and wouldnt mind studley myself

16. Lethaldons

Lethaldons New Member

What we all need to do is take the "emotion" out of our selections, I also have broughton and have cursed ross lyon for sucking me in once again!!"BUT" after riding his 2 low games do we jump off ??? The only question that should be asked is "will he be a top 7 defender this year?" If yes leave him dont worry about the coin as trades are more valuable and over the course of the year the ebbs and flows will even out, (dont want to have to trade him back in later in the year costing multiple trades.)

Personaly i would love to get dempsey in as will make coin plus a weak team this week but then run into carlton and collingwood? (but will he be a top 7 def or just a cash cow?)

Other scenario is the very tempting ruck sideways trade ie cox for sandilands for example?? Again save some coins but over the year is the ppg going to be that different that it warranted a valuable trade.

Then there is the corrective trade from selecting the wrong rookie , perfect example is i tried to get smart and preempt sheeds throwing the team around so i kept miles?? now do i jump straight to a greene or someone who is going to be on the bubble or save a trade and hope he comes through in the next round or two! Personlly this is where a trade is valuable as if miles isnt selected, then trade into greene as example he will have had 3 price rises before miles does ( assuming he plays rnd 4) so perfect downgrade target!

In short this week

miles (if he is not named) into a mid rookie on the bubble (best option)
    broughton (will probably hold)
    dickson (if he is not named) into fwd rookie on the bubble (best option "milera)

17. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

@Lethaldons
    I'm thinking the same trade on Milera, wait until Thursday of course but it looks a good move and one I'll be looking at.

I would like to trade one of either Broughton or Shaw, and as per the reasons i said in another thread, Broughton would be first to go. I'll wait and see after watching Birchall today...Don't want to waste all my leftover money on Goddard.

In the FWD rookies I have Paine and Dickson, which one do you all think would be a suitable trade for Milera? I'm leaning towards keeping Paine at this stage.

18. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

@H_Dons
    Why not grab goddard? Started year with a couple tons (116 & 147). Surely worth the extra coin if you have it.

I'd be keeping paine over dickson, but don't make any decision until teams on thursday!

19. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Apparently, by the way Dickson played when he came on, he won't be sub again. I wouldn't jump off him just yet.

I'm thinking I will keep Broughton and Shaw - mainly as I think they will end up in top 10 defenders by end of year, so not gonna waste a trade on them.

I'm really looking fwd to the stats being updated though, to have a good look through all the options and make my decisions later in week.

20. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Surely if you dont have Goddard then he is main target up back to bring in?