Review - Round 19.

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Havoc, Aug 10, 2008.

By Havoc on Aug 10, 2008 at 10:00 AM
  1. Havoc

Havoc New Member

First week of finals, howd your boys go? Have a win and get yaself the week off? Seemed like a pretty poor weekend with midfielders getting 80s including Ablett, Cross, Stevens, Cooney, Mitchell, NDS and the list goes on. Lift boys, its finals. While popular players like Brown (100% of the top 23 players have him) scored 22 and Gilbee and ROK miles below their average. Richo played forward all day and has gone back to his old ways. Put him back on the wing, please, Terry. Some big scores came from the 300 game legends in Macca and Crawf. But, thats about it.

Read on to find out how my weekend went.

<!--more-->
    Im furious. Going into the Crows and Tigers game looking at a score of 2300+, and with 1st overall having some poor scores from Ablett, Stevie and Pratt. This was my chance to pounce. A real make or break for my season. Stiffy Johncock (5th/No - 5th most impotant player and N.R No.1 doesnt have him) went forward as expected and could have went nuts like he did in the reserves, but he struggle. Got smashed in every one-on-one by Thursfield. Got me 16 points. Then the Cho (2nd/No) arguebly my most important player if I was to take the prize. Not sure if it was his sore knee but, he needs to be back on the wing where he was getting those 177s. He wasnt completely smashed by Bock, but dropped marks and with 4 behinds and one not making the distance really make a difference. Two of the behinds coming from within 20 metres of goal. Just not his day. Speaking of Bock Choy (9th/No), looked alright most the day but a couple of clangers and uncontested disposals and hardly any ball in the last term hurt his score and only managed 69. Then there is Lids (7th/No), struggled early but I do take my hat off to him to push his score to 75. Four clangers were the real killer. Some positives out of the game are Scotty Marshmallow (1st/Yes) with 125, but the bloke that is coming 1st does have him so it takes the shine off it. My new recruit McLeod (N/A) was a ripper with 136, but would have been a popular trade for Shaw. And, lastly Simmonds (12th/Yes) was above average with 87.

But, having sevens players in the same match was always going to be hell, so I deserve it. I might still gain a couple of points on 1st, and maybe sneak into the top 20 with a 2127 in a low scoring round.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Havoc, Aug 10, 2008.