Round 17 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by The_Swert, Jul 17, 2012.

1. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

So what is everybody thinking this week?

I am planning on bringing in a forward and can afford anybody. Who do people think will score the most for the rest of the year? Considering the likes of Pavlich, Chapman, Beams, Goodes, Sidebottom and Roughead. Hard to split them all.

Pavlich is clearly the man in form but i don't want to chase points again.

2. The_General

The_General Member

I'd say Beams and Roughead are better options than Pav T_S.

For me, I need to upgrade Giles at some stage. I will make finals in my league and have 2 easy games the next 2 weeks. If Giles is named this week, I will strongly consider trading him to McEvoy (already have Jacobs). If he's not named I will hold fire and look at picking Ivan up in a couple of weeks.

3. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

I'll be doing Dempsey to Goodes this week. The swing really opens up the balance in my team and is now complete with 4 trades left.
    @The Swert, for me i don't think guys like Pav are worth 115k more than Goodes, who is still a bargain. But if you have cash a plenty then you can do what you want. It's nice to keep a bit in the bank in case you have a LTI and that player is cheaper than your preferred switch.

4. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Not so much a trade in this week but Trent Cotchin, what an absolute gun, has to be the first picked premium mid next season. His ball use added to his contested game makes him the complete package, hopefully he can up his goal tally and he'll be racking in 130+ every week.

5. AngLee

AngLee Guest

Tossy up whether 2:
    1. Go early on Baguley for Hibberd who is out for 3 weeks. That will give me a swing between D/M and will upgrade Gibson to Murphy.
    2. Downgrade Longer to a R/F rookie to swing Roughy around and bring in another premium ruck for Giles.
    ...leaves only 2 trades.

6. The_General

The_General Member

Thoughts on the best mid of the following group considering the run home/form etc:

Cotchin
    Mitchell
    Murphy
    Kennedy
    Swallow

7. don

don New Member

@The_General - Cotchin overall but if money is an issue then definitely Murphy.

@The_Swert - I'd say Beams will score the most as I'm not sure Pav can keep up the big scores. I'd also be wary of Roughead given the Hawks tough run home and the possibility of Bailey coming back in and reducing his ruck time through finals.

8. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

I have 4 trades left and only $5000 in the bank. Ranked 3395 overall. Need to trade Hibberd and want to trade Broughton. Anyone think the following?

Out Broughton Hibberd
    In Rance/Thompson(NM) and Trengrove/McGuane

or

Out Broughton Hibberd
    In Yarran and Frawley/Grimes

9. the_butcher

the_butcher New Member

I can't share any insights anyone, sorry.

Who to bring in this week out of little Gaz or Pendles?
    Or, will there be another chance to grab either one in a month or so at the same price?

10. yt

yt New Member

tiges i reckon the second option, not sure out of frawley/grimes probably grimes if he doesnt get hurt

always choose gaz imo butcher

this week im thinking of going T.adams down to couch and smedts to H shaw.
    but with broughton out it means i could afford to down grade A.hall to couch and then go broughton to shaw which is my preferred option.

does anyone think broughton will be back this year?

11. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

I would also like some feedback on the Broughton issue.

Does anybody know about the severity of his injury? Can't find anything on Freo's website.

I am of the opinion that Lyin' actually does rate Broughton, just not as a midfielder. The roles he has been given this year tend to suggest he has been used as a fix-it type player who either tags, plays defensive forward, or occasionally spends time along half back or a brief (very brief) run through the middle, when Lyin's preferred mids aren't in the side.

So Lyin' doesn't want Broughton out, he's just trying to find somewhere else to put him...which is still ridiculous. I hope another club picks him up, would love the Bombers to pick him up and throw him in the middle!

So what are people doing? Keep Broughton? Trade? I think I'll wait to hear more about his injury first.

12. Corks

Corks Member

A couple of years ago Lyon decided that Luke Ball was kind of a fix it player. Throw him into different roles, leave him out when it didn't suit. Ball walked into Lyon's office with his manager at the end of the year and BEGGED to be part of St Kilda's plans for the next year. Lyon was non-committal.

History tells us how that worked out for St Kilda. Let's hope GB has a Manager with the guts to tell him he needs to walk away the same way Ball was told.

13. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Had no idea the Ball situation played out that way! Well going on your info Corks, the writing is on the wall for Broughts.

He will have no problem finding a new club though.

Perhaps its time to get Carrazzo.

14. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

have $1,000,000 to play with, Bringing in two of these Lads, Pick two of four, (already have Martin, danger, goodies, sidebum )
    Chappy
    Petrie
    Roughie
    StevieJ

Currently leaning toward a steviej/Petrie combo.
    Or am I better served getting a beams/pav and a 420k player?