Round 9 Captain & Tips

Discussion in 'Blog' started by breade, May 21, 2009.

By breade on May 21, 2009 at 10:00 AM
  1. breade

breade New Member

Well I didnt go so well last week, with Essendon performing surprisingly well against the Saints. At least Bartel, my first non Saint pick, performed and chipped in a 180 odd.
    <ol>
    ,<li>Nick Riewoldt. He let me down last week (sort of), but with no Patfull or Merrett, he should dominate.</li>
    ,<li>Gary Ablett. Do I need to give a reason? Groin injuries traditionally cut scoring output though (Luke Ball had one didnt he?)</li>
    ,<li>Dean Cox. A champion of the game. If Fraser doesnt play, he may even take #1. Racked up 155 points in a team that lost by 100 points with Fraser in the team last year, so who knows what he could do if the Eagles are close?</li>
    ,<li>Brad Sewell. Hasnt failed yet, and is playing the Dees. They havent let many score too big though.</li>
    ,<li>Scott Pendlebury. The #1 scorer in the competition, likes the Eagles. Expect another solid score.</li>
    ,<li>Chris Judd. He has a bad record against Adelaide, but that was mainly due to Shirley who will miss this week. In irresistible form, with 3 120+ scores in a row.</li>
    ,<li>Matthew Pavlich. Had a day out last year with 8 goals against the,. In the middle now, but still scoring well.</li>
    ,<li> Brendon Goddard. Another player in excellent form.</li>
    ,<li>Jimmy Bartel. Great game on the weekend, and dont put it past him to back it up.</li>
    ,<li>Nick Dal Santo. If Selwood isnt named, strongly consider.</li>
    </ol>
    Also look at: Daniel Cross, Josh Drummond, Leigh Montangna, Leon Davis, Lenny Hayes, Joel Selwood.

Now since this is a football website, I thought Id have a crack at trying to nail the 8 this week (succeeded last week-knew I should have started then!)

My tips are in BOLD
    Geelong v Western Bulldogs ETIHAD

Its Geelong

Kangaroos vs Fremantle, ETIHAD

Never tip Fremantle away from Subiaco.
    Adelaide vs Carlton, AAMI

At AAMI, Adelaide should beat the Blues.
    West Coast vs Collingwood, SUBIACO

My smoky. Collingwood will be keen to rebound, while the WCE may be a little dispirited after just losing last week.

Richmond vs Essendon, MCG

Carn the Dons!

Sydney vs Port, SCG

Should win at home.

St Kilda vs Brisbane, ETIHAD

St Kilda to go 9 in a row.

Hawthorn vs Melbourne, MCG

Never tip Melbourne. No conditions here, just dont pick them!

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by breade, May 21, 2009.