Rucks

Discussion in 'AFL' started by TerryinBangkok, May 5, 2011.

1. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Just a thought, but big Sandi hasn't exactly been whacking out the expected large numbers, although he has been reliable. To date, Cox has been faring better.

To those Cox/Sandi holders, take a look at Goldstein with an av. of 103 and good JS due to the McIntosh injury. The trade from Sandi would net almost 150k plus the amount Goldstein increases by (current BE is 7). That sort of cash would be nice when bundled with your mid downgrade to get a prem.

Tempting?

2. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Nope. Sandi set-and-forget.

3. TerryinBangkok

Agree - but some of those set and forgets are becoming a little shaky and costing people points and lost cash. Gibbs, Roo and Goddard. While other potential prems are not measuring up. Didak, Hodge, Ablett (and a bit of Broughton).

Just trying to think outside the box.

4. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Don't have Gibbs, but if I did it would be a definite concern. Goddard is OK, still scoring well with average performances. N.Roo I have and is a concern, but mostly because Saints have dropped their proverbial bundle. Luckily not enough FWDs are currently presenting as alternatives to N.Roo, Chappy excepted. But N.Roo still a chance of T7 FWD at this point so hold fire.

Mumford v Sandi, probably a win to those who picked Mummy, and well done. But Sandi still good enough, just glad I didn't pick Ryder over Cox really this year.

5. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

My dilemma here is what to do - went sex on the beach R1/R2, then went the unconventional by having $$$'s on the bench with Goldy at R3 to have a decent ruck coverage for the past 2 byes (which definitely paid off for me) - also have big Zac at R4.

Now it's coming up towards decision time for me, although Goldy still has a bit of cash generation in him with his current BE.

What to do!!!

6. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

Interesting read guys.

Currently have Sex on Beach, Smith & Tippett (traded in this week for Gilbert). Petrie gone to assist in fwd line. Remaining Gilbert cash available to upgrade Duigan or Savage.

Like Savage to Chappy & opening of mid/fwd link for Krak & Goodes.
    Problem with Duigan is that Enright is probably one cat too many (Selwood & Chappy) for finals & Shaw, Scotland timing is off.

However assuming (further down the track) we trade Smith for cash & keep Petrie (or vis versa) then I reckon the cash later could be tempting if you can find a mid ruck & upgrade another position. (Say a mid aver. > 115)
    However I'm hoping Sandi maintains/improves his current 117 ave & therefore takes out any thoughts like that! I reckon the byes are well spaced for the big fella & of course he doesn't present any problems in the important last 4 weeks.

@Bearfly - not a bad dilemma to have, some serious cash being generated.

7. hippy

hippy New Member

I like the thinking Terry. It'd give you a big POD over 165,000 coaches. But the reason I say no is round 21. NM bye, first week of finals.

8. Fez

Fez Moderator

Don't trade in rucks unless you really have to, good luck to people who want to dump sandilands

9. TerryinBangkok

@BF

Nice dilemma - had forgotten about your R3. Still some fattening to go on Goldy and in meantime a v. handy off the bench for byes. Hopefully down the track Richmond will give Derickx a run, making him a downgrade target. And Port will have to play somebody soon! Broges must feel like not getting out of bed in the morning. (and....reading another post, if you also have Redden - very astute choice).

I posed the possibility at the start of the season that rucks had potential to be used as cows this year and of course most poo pooed the idea.

I don't have Sandi and plan to bring him in much later, but really feel these questions/thinking should be posed. One of last week's winners traded out Sandi, so it is not entirely unconventional. I can understand the set and forget merchants, but this year is unlike any other.

@HM

On your Duigan question - a Hawks fan has no love for Suckling?

10. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Also Roughead or Jacobs in?? Jacobs dream run home but Roughead with no buddy and not scoring below 88 all year is tempting.

11. donatello

donatello New Member

I have mullet and nicnat already.
    Maric should play every game because the tigers will struggle to make the 8(plays dogs/freo/ess/port last 4 games)
    If Nic Nat gets a niggle he will get reduced game time or a rest because of cox (plays geel/port/coll/hawks last 4 games)
    Cox would be a better choice but might get a week of for GS in the last few weeks, depending on the ladder.
    So Maric for me.

12. weedoo

weedoo Guest

Yeah I have Cox as my R1, so that definitely works against grabbing Nic Nat. Chances are one of them will get rested towards the end of the season and I may not be able to cover it. Leaning towards Maric and fingers crossed Cox isn't rested.

13. Obsession

Obsession New Member

Sounds like you're in pretty bad shape anyway mate. Wouldn't bother trading.

14. weedoo

weedoo Guest

Yo Obsession just a quick question for ya, where you sitting on the ladder?

15. DC

DC Member

POD McEvoy!

16. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Good call DC! I went Giles>Jacobs last week and I'm pretty happy with the choice :)

17. G-Train

G-Train Member

I started with Jacobs and McEvoy.
    Giles and Orren on the bench.
    Has served me well.

When McEvoy was injured, Giles filled in well.
    When mcEvoy returned in Rd 12, I downgraded Giles to Redden, who had only one price rise at that point.

Has worked out perfectly so far :)