Ryder Gone for......who?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by PrimeMinisterHird, Jul 13, 2012.

1. PrimeMinisterHird

PrimeMinisterHird New Member

I suspect Ryder might be gone for more than the four weeks predicted.
    I'm thinking a straight swap to Goldstein, but I'm a little concerned about the Hmac factor when he returns, possibly next week. So also thinking Jacobs or McEvoy?
    What are other Ryder owners doing?
    Another possibility is O Stephenson to Derrickx to make some badly needed cash and hope Der keeps his spot until Ryder is back.

PS: So tempted to downgrade Waters to Yarran also.

2. Fez

Fez Moderator

Jacobs looks the form ruck

3. Thrice

Thrice New Member

Roughead, if you can stretch the extra 25k. No Buddy to contend with either for the next few.

That's what i'm doing anyway.

4. traviso

traviso Active Member

Dammit, only traded him in last week for the big spud Kreuzer who i'd carried since round 3.

Redden for cover hmm.

5. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Good luck with Redden playing for the next 4 weeks. If you can wait a couple of weeks for HMac, (to see how he plays and for his value to drop) he could be an option.

6. PrimeMinisterHird

PrimeMinisterHird New Member

Thanks all. I'm leaning towards Jacobs, but hadn't considered Roughead. I can afford the extra 25k.

7. Tigertime

Tigertime New Member

Mcevoy for mine, has had 5 weeks back since his injury lay off and St Kilda need all hands on deck for a push for finals. Scored well recenlty and slightly cheaper.

If Adelaide secure a top 4 spot 3 weeks out then Sauce may get a rest vs Melbourne or Gold Coast in the last 2. He has played every game so far and theyll need games into Mckernan/Jenkins before finals. Mcevoy on his own too with Stanley and Blake out. Roughy solid too, especially with Buddy out

8. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

I don't think Jacobs will be rested/vested.

9. Tigertime

Tigertime New Member

@supercoachsuperstar - any reasons for that? Definitely dont think hell be vested. Its a long season and a rest vs Melbourne in R22 if they are secure is not out of the question. Ruck is arguably the most physically demanding position on the ground and a rest vs Melbourne then a game vs Gold Coast would be a nice road into the finals. Hey, they may not but I think youd struggle to find a ruck who has played every game this year (in the ruck) as Jacobs has. Maybe big Ivan is the only other.

10. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

Adelaide will need wins and percentage given how tight the top 6 are. Jacobs being rested or playing could be the difference between being top 2 and missing the top 4. Also Jacobs doesn't seem like the type of player who you rest or vest.

11. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Tigertime on July 13, 2012, 13:20
    @supercoachsuperstar - any reasons for that? Definitely dont think hell be vested. Its a long season and a rest vs Melbourne in R22 if they are secure is not out of the question. Ruck is arguably the most physically demanding position on the ground and a rest vs Melbourne then a game vs Gold Coast would be a nice road into the finals. Hey, they may not but I think youd struggle to find a ruck who has played every game this year (in the ruck) as Jacobs has. Maybe big Ivan is the only other.</blockquote>

Just Jacobs west cox and hale left having played every game after the mullets late withdrawal !