something missing

Discussion in 'RMT' started by H_Dons, Mar 24, 2012.

1. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

After so much chopping and changing I'm still unsure if this a good team. No elite ruck a problem possibly. I'm also aware of double hawks and crows in the FWD, and one of the three Richmond defenders will go before the BYE.

DEF: Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Lake, Dempsey, Clarke, Ellis, Bugg, Morris
    MID: Ablett, Selwood, Watson, Hill(Freo), Shiel, Ledger, Kennedy(GWS), Magner
    RUCK: Hale, McIntosh, Redden, Giles
    FWD: Buddy, Fyfe, Chapman, Rioli, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, Smith, Pfieffer, Dickson
    223K left

2. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

First time I've seen S.Hill selected. Could be a good pick of course, but I don't see a breakout year happening for him in 2012 if it hasn't happened to date (which it hasn't). I reckon he's just been overhyped and will never be much more than a slightly-better-than-average player. Personal opinion only, disregard as you see fit.

You should spend some of that leftover $$ somwhere. Suggest that one of Lake/Dempsey/Hill should be upgraded to a better-performed player.

3. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

He can afford to have the luxury of Hill, Jason. Because he has Delicious, who, as we all know, is going to smash out 170SC against Collingwood.

4. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Thanks for your feedback. I know Hill is a risk...I based his selection on the points per minute sheet off the Herald Sun website, and the fact he has the potential and may be able to shake tags this year, and of course his price. I ideally wanted Ziebell but the suspension turned me off him.
    I know I should upgrade one of those three, I just like the idea of having extra cash in the bank for maximum upgrade potential...not sure if its really necessary though?
    Can't wait to watch Delicious in action.

5. TerryinBangkok

While I respect Jason's observations re. Hill, I too took note of his NAB numbers and was sorely tempted to bring him in as a POD. He has shown (think it was 2010) that he can go big and when he is up and about is exciting to watch and a good scorer. It is his 2011 form that is a worry, perhaps down to a change in role. If Lyon gives him his head at HF to MID, he might be an astute choice. Bit of uncertainty what happens when Mundy and Barlow become permanent fixtures.

Jason has Cyril and it was he in another thread who offered the 170SC. Hope he gets it.

6. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Yep, I agree it is tempting...so tempting I'm currently risking him. He has the potential (like many others) but last year he had a lot of attention from opponents and clearly wasn't ready to handle that. Very good point though about the uncertainty of his role, a risk I have to decide on. Barlow is another I will keep an eye on over his first three games.
    I hope so too, but somehow I think it won't happen. I'm happy to get a 90-120 range from Delicious as long as it happens every week and he sticks to his 'anti-hamstring' running style.

7. Jason

When have I ever not got your drift Terry? Unless the bourbon might be to blame during Live Chat that is...

Hill is a sucker punch waiting to happen in my view. Little bit of a tease in NAB, then when he cops a tag in the real deal his SC output melts away. Seen it before, move along folks nothing more to see here.

I reckon Hawks are the real deal in 2012, and Cyril will be a part of their success. A bit of gut feel, a bit of it's showtime. I'm up for the risk/reward situation. Also I reckon Dusty Martin (popular pick in place of Cyril) will find his first few games of the real season a bit harder than the NAB Cup competition.

8. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

I think you could be right with Hill, I hope not, but highly likely. And not to get ahead of myself but I already penciled Dusty in as an upgrade around mid-season or a bit earlier. Richmond's tough early draw combined with his inconsistency which surely will still be present in some form from last year, means he is not a starter for me. So yes, totally agree on that one.

What do you think of Ziebell? He was my alternative to Hill, I also thought of Zaha and even Heppell, but that's a bit optimistic I would have thought.

9. Jason

Ziebell/Hill, neither are worth a look-in for SC 2012 in my opinion.

10. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

That is one Hill I ain't gonna climb. Sorry H_Dons, but I feel the same about Dempsey, Hmac, and Wattos's left hamstring. I predict at least two of this lot won't see the distance. And jeez, Pfieffer can't even kick to position. We're all taking risks brother...yours just seem a bit high for my liking.

11. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Thanks for your opinion. Still a week to decide on risking either but we'll see.

12. TerryinBangkok

Um, think you missed my drift this time around Jason, but it is Friday.

<blockquote>Hope he (Cyril) gets it.</blockquote>

Yeah, have to admit Hill doesn't cope the tag well (sounds sorta Scottish doesn't it?)

13. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

I'm happy to have pfeiffer in my team, as there is slim pickings as far as fwd rookies are concerned. And I think he will have JS. Also if HMac and watto hold up...will be in the top 10 of their respective positions. So IMO it's a high risk/high reward situation. After all, it's not completely fatal to use a trade early on...but I don't think I'll have to. I look forward to watching everyone's confused look when Martin fails to average 100 after the first 7 rounds.