"Supercoach Gold – what a rip off?"

Discussion in 'Blog' started by vinnie, Feb 1, 2011.

By vinnie on Feb 1, 2011 at 11:00 AM
  1. vinnie

vinnie New Member

<blockquote>Supercoach Gold – what a rip off. As I knew it would be – just a way to line Uncle Rupert’s pockets.

I pity the poor people who pony up the dosh for this when they can just as easily come here, donate some dosh to Walesy and enjoy a much livelier, more well informed and straight out better SuperCoach community.

Hey Walesy – now’s the time to ask for donations … we can find out how much SuperCoach Gold costs and even if we donated a decent portion of that amount to this site, that would be better than giving money to the evil News Crop empire.

And I’m guessing we’re much more knowledgeable here anyway.
    </blockquote>

This comment from Chris88 has got me thinking.

When you consider the amount of work that goes into making software like Supercoach Gold and the amount of time it saves you in the year when it comes to researching and making predictions about your team, $20 is not actually that much to pay. Now... $40 for Dreamteam and Supercoach.. that could be pushing it but its still not completely unreasonable.

The question I have, if that is worth $40- how much is this place worth?

We have an excellent, vibrant community here. I do it for the love of it but, unfortunately, servers dont get paid for with love. At the moment - you get most of the functionality of Supercoach Gold (and some extra tools) here for free, but there are perks for being a donor (including a huge one in the works that will be released before the start of the season.) - But the major thing is that donors are what keeps this place afloat and the bills paid.

At heart, this is a community site. We will always try to accomodate what the community wants in regards to upgrades and which direction we take but that requires the communities support to keep going and keep improving so just consider it before blowing your whole wad on keeping VirtualSports in the black. ;)

If you did want to donate, simply head over <a href="http://tooserious.net/donate.php">here[/url]. Its all done through paypal, so its as secure as anything else on the interwebs.

Also in this vein, weve been throwing around the idea of Small business Partners. If you have a business and youre wanting to get some exposure whilst helping us out, weve been thinking about creating a new donor status for small business owners by adding links to their businesses on our site in return for some dosh to help keep this place going. Throw us an email or say something in the comments if this is something youd be interested in. We have a surprisingly big audience here so its money well spent to get your business out there.

As always, if you have a business and are wanting to sponsor a competition like <a href="http://www.bladerunnerpropertyservices.com/">Bladerunner Property Services[/url], please email <a href="mailto:too.serious.team.management@gmail.com">here[/url] and well see what we can work out.

Lastly - Id just like to take the chance to thank all of you for showing up. Donor or not, from the writers to the lurkers I really value that you guys have really made this one of my favourite places to visit on the internets. It makes the hours that go into this place behind the scenes totally worth it.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by vinnie, Feb 1, 2011.