Tall Poppy Syndrome......

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by snoz, Feb 2, 2018.

1. snoz

snoz Moderator

I'm not sure how many coaches are aware of this - so I'm going to give the lad some recognition, and throw the gauntlet down to the rest of the coaches.

In Round 1 last season - Graeme's Cows were destroyed by Len's Misfits by nearly 400 points.
    Granted the Cows were 4 calves short and munched on a box of donuts, but it was a crushing way to start the new season.

Dusting themselves off - the Cows went on an unprecedented run starting in Round 2 - never to lose again in the regular season to finish up in top spot on the ladder and a record of 16-1. This carnage against all other teams in ORFFA land continued through the Finals - and the Cows were anointed Premiers, sweeping through the 2017 Finals Series 3-0.

That's 19 straight wins........a win streak still intact going into 2018 !!

So congrats little annexed buddy - and you lot pull ya socks up, time to knock this behemoth off !!! o_Oo_O

cow graeme.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  2. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

• Like Like x 5
  3. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Was this post sponsored by the Bulls Hit Tavern?
    Was almost going to throw up on my ugg boots til I read the last line.
    Wonder how @graeme feels about being stroked on the front and stabbed in the back all in one post.
    Unfortunately my poppy scythe won’t be sharp for a few years yet.
    I do have a rusty garden fork which is serviceable at making fruit salad.
    Snoz-style.
    712C8125-9953-4C73-877D-2B89DDE7EF4C.jpeg

4. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

While not guilty of sponsoring the article, the patrons of the Bulls Hit Tavern had a quiet chuckle at sNOz's combo of flattery and rallying call. They have been expecting some sort of call to arms to halt the streak of the luckiest team in ORFFA. Albeit, it must be said, not from NY, NY. After a long lunch, the consensus seemed to be sNOz was guilty of nothing more the offering up the sort of respect the current premiers deserve. However, we would not expect it to carry over into the 2018 season.

Training is going ok, a few who missed the end of last year through injury are pressing hard for spots. Mitch's invitations to go pig hunting have a few of the younger lads who played in the GF nervous about their health and tenure.

• Like Like x 3
  5. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

All class @graeme well done
    I love hearing how your team is doing :)

6. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Out of interest @anthak what is the longest winning sequence in ORFFA. I seem to recall@jimbowan had a perfect season which suggests 20 wins in one year and then there may have been some wins in the next year. I assume because he did not win the big prize the previous year, that year ended in a loss? If the Cows are lucky enough to win a few consecutive games early on this year there may be some interest in the comparison - well I'll be interested. :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure....
    @jimbowan @ChiefRussell

8. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

A couple of ORFFA teams have had perfect 17-0 ORFFA home and away seasons – Foul Bay in 2012 and Iron Knob in 2014 who went on to win the premiership so 17 h & a plus three finals means that Iron Knob won at least 20 games in a row so the Cows don’t hold the record but may have something else to aim for to prevent a premiership hangover. IK winning streak may have started in 2013 and extended into 2015. The ORFFA didn’t play finals in 2012 however Foul Bay’s winning streak may have extended into 2013. Not sure what the exact ORFFA record for greatest winning sequence is but it is at least 20 games.

• Like Like x 3