The 8 rookie midfield tactic- Please give me some advice

Discussion in 'RMT' started by bkp130, Mar 27, 2012.

1. bkp130

bkp130 Member

As said above i am running with 8 rookie midfielders and stocking up on premiums in defence foward and a premium and a near premium in the ruck.

this is my lineup as it stand sbut i am open to change and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

B-GODDARD, DELEDIO, SHAW, BOCK, CARRAZO, BROUGHTON, ADCOCK (ELLIS, BUGG(E))

M-CADDY, CONIGLIO, HOSKIN-ELLIOT, SHIEL, WINGARD, MAGNER (STEVENS,LEDGER)

R- MUMFORD, MINSON (GILES, REDDAN)

F- FRANKLIN, FYFE, MARTIN, GRAY, DANGERFIELD, CLOKE, DEVON SMITH (FOLAU, HALL)

2. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

3. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Wasn't this covered in another thread over the last few days?

4. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Indeed. Herbie if I recall correctly.

5. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

I don't see the point in an all rookie midfield.

6. Midge001

Midge001 Member

You won't have Bock for a couple weeks...but I'm guessing you're going for leagues.

As anthak said, there's already a thread on this, but while I'm here, I think it's going to leave you too far behind. You have less upgrades needed than others trying this, so that's good, but by the time your rookies moo it's going to be round 7/8...with that midfield I'll pencil you in for 4/5 losses to that point. Then you start your upgrades, one slow, painful week after another. Assuming, in a perfect world, the all moo and nobody gets injured, it takes you 6 weeks to get up to scratch and update your mids. In that time you'll probably lose another few games, so you're 0-8 trying to win everything from there to make the league finals.

On top of that, you've gotta hope that Carrazo, Bock (up forward is a bit of an unknown), Adcock, Gray, Dangerfield and Cloke are all worth holding on to for the finals.

Compounding things futher...you have no obvious captain choice. Goddard of 2010, yes. Goddard of 2011, no. Goddard of 2012, ??
    Mumford is unpredictable, Franklin you're best bet, but can still hurt you with an 80.

In short, fix your balance while there's still some time.