Trade Week moves......

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Simonoz, Oct 16, 2014.

1. snoz

snoz Moderator

Trying to find any reason to continue communique in the off season. Trade week coming to a close, some massive shifting - including FUB going to the Lions......(lets see who can decipher FUB) Which ORFFA squads have been affected by trades so far ?

2. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Good topic Snoz. I've been wondering about this too. I must say, having just picked up Jeremy Cameron, I was happy to see Boyd traded away from GWS. Especially with Patton injured, JC should be more like his 2013 version in 2015. Im not sure what to make of the Bundy Christensen to Lions trade, but I think it'll probably be good for him and Gariwerd.

3. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

With the Cooney and Frawley trades, I'm not sure hat impact they might have on Darraweit.

Frawley to Hawthorn is an interesting one. Cooney to Essendon - well, there's a lot of variables there.

A few names being thrown up as smaller trades or pre-season draft moves that could impact on the FA list too.

And whoever has Jono Giles would be pretty happy. Will get games at Essendon.

4. grav

grav Guest

Simonoz wrote:
    </br> Trying to find any reason to continue communique in the off season. Trade week coming to a close, some massive shifting - including FUB going to the Lions......(lets see who can decipher FUB) Which ORFFA squads have been affected by trades so far ? Ha ha, asur aPies supporter Snoz, my guess is F*#% U Beams! Would think the O'Rourke move will be a plus for the Hoppers, esp with Hallahan getting the flick. Lefties are banking on the fresh prince lifting his output as a Dee, tho not entirely sure how they'll use him (straight into Frawley's spot?) Will be interesting to see if jumper swapping gives Gwilt and Garlett a new lease on life. Although it has no bearing on my FA side...extremely excited to see Ryder heading to the Power :D

5. chris88

As always, it is not necessarily the players that have moved clubs that will see ORFFA owners benefit, but those who have players who might improve due to stepping into the breach of a departed player.

Gwilt might be one. There's a number of Footscray players that might benefit as well - and some GWS talls who could too.

Interesting to see the impact on those GWS mids as Ryan Griffin arrives - could see a few of them lose some value (albeit slight).

6. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Interesting trade period to say the least, leaving aside the morality or wisdom of certain trades here's my thoughts on the impacts on the Misfits... KJ to Carlton is a significant plus, a level below elite, but well above avg and looking fwd to seeing him show it. Ryder to Port should help BC, he is at least as good as Joffa. Beams to Brisbane may impact Rich negatively but I don't know their setups well enough to be sure either way Griffen to GWS will/should be massive for Kelly, Whitfield and WHE, not sure how he will influence Ward's output. GWS clearly a different team in 2015, global impacts virtually assured, I have 8 of them so hoping the Misfit's fortunes rise on the back of their efforts.

7. grav

grav Guest

8. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Giles to Essendon the big win for me. No other impact, rumours of Sam Reid being traded had me up and about but alas not to happen. The noise in The Pit that Waikickamoocow had made an 'everything including the kitchen sink' offer for the Bont where Mitch Robinson was offered as steak knives created a lot of hysteria, culminating in an effigy of myself being thrown under a loader, however those stories were never founded on anything other than scuttlebutt

9. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Simonoz wrote:
    Trying to find any reason to continue communique in the off season. Trade week coming to a close, some massive shifting - including FUB going to the Lions......(lets see who can decipher FUB) Which ORFFA squads have been affected by trades so far ? Never mind FUB, I am still struggling with KJ, BC, GWS and WHE (above). And I suspect this sudden penchant for acronyms has its derivations somewhere in deep downtown Manhattan. Bloke can't put the newspaper down for 5 minutes and somebody has come up with a whole new language (I still don't get the significance of 55555 on Facebook, but gather that somebody is pleased about something). Ever looking on the bright side, FUB must mean 'follow you brother'. I had a young speculative Whiley move from GWS to Carlton. Since he was given zero games at GWS, I guess I should consider this a plus (but, I mean, Carlton?). Young Kyle had a gut-full of a rapidly disintegrating Collingwood and left for the suburbs. If he was good enough to be on the Warriors list, the equation should have been fairly simple Bucks. Collingwood at the moment reminds me of those silly Mummy movies, where everything suddenly turns to sand. Predicting the Hoppers will finish higher than the Pies in 2015. Grav happy about Paddy. A lot of fans are holding this up as the missing piece of a premiership. Feel this is a bit of a short-term view and confess I don't share the optimism. Port already have two very good ruckmen in Redden and Lobbe, with some resting provided by Trengove or Westhoff. Sam Grimley and Gorringe were on the market and, having Redden/Lobbe both available we could have developed either one of those two, with Grimley showing good potential as a FF (there, you got me doing it now). By taking on Paddy, we have lost any opportunity for a dip at youth in this draft (i.e., continue building) - unless some sneaky/savvy pickup is made. Paddy is without doubt an outstanding natural athlete. But why has he never made it in my SC side? Basically because I think he is, by nature, lazy. Paddy requires motivation. He will get more of that at Port than he did at Essendon - hope it works. If he can spend time forward bringing the ball down to Gray and Wingard, that should be good. Can't have idle hands in ORFFA - will find a job for Snoz to do, hopefully where he can communique to his heart's content.

10. snoz

snoz Moderator

Non ORFFA, alas........I loved that Beams kid last week; now I wouldn't pi$$ on him. Such is life. And lets not forget, FA Jack Cripsy Cr&amp;egrave;me (who?) - what a star, will be drafted of course. Whoever owns Levi Greenwood should be happy I think. Like him, a lot. Nice grunt. JOR going to the Hawks......hhmmm..........couldn't get a run at GWS, but he will at Hawthorn? I have my doubts........ I feel for Jase & other Doggies. That is some serious mortgage in Boyd. If it works, life will be grand. If it doesn't, they are dead for 10 yrs.

11. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

As an AFL fan in general I don't like the idea of a player who in their career to date of one season has played nine games, kicked eight goals as Tom Boyd has and then gets offered and signs a massive contract with another AFL club. Having said that, the Boyd move to the Western Bulldogs works out very well for me from an ORFFA perspective, with the coin he is on and the hope he is offering to the Bulldogs there is no danger of Tom playing in a state league next year, unlike his debut AFL season. I expect Boyd to play most games in the Cradle Mountain forward line in 2015 and become the first Devil to poll a vote in the ORFFA Rising Star award. It also worked out well for Cradle Mountain that Gwilt was picked up as an unrestricted free agent by Essendon, Jimmy G could become very important if a couple of his Essendon (and Devils backline teammates) Hurley and Fletcher receive an ASADA ban. As for a few non-Devils: Giles helped significantly by the move to the Bombers, especially with BC's injury record. Griffen's move to GWS will see him improve on his 2014 injury (and apparently captaincy) effected form and recapture his 2011 to 2013 form. Libba to be hindered by the extra attention he receives due to Griffen's departure to GWS.

12. graeme

graeme Guest

From a Waikick perspective (and why should I have any other?) I reckon the biggest beneficiary (well, it is the pies we are talking about) of FUB's defection will be Jamie Elliott. My boy saw a bit more midfield time in 2014 and has the motor and skill take over the traitor's former role. In a weird way I was pleased that Mitch did not get traded. The (significantly smaller) part of me that supports (supported?) the bombers was delighted to see no draft pick offered for him. Reckon he will go in the draft, but where? How many teams need a hard man to add some starch (answer: plenty) but the short fuse is a recruiter's nightmare. Any thoughts on where he may go? If I were a betting man I'd say North and some tough love. However, out of Melbourne might be a better idea - Eagles perhaps?

13. snoz

snoz Moderator

You are correct Chels.............with FUB's desertion, I mean trade up north - Elliot will continue to be groomed for the middle. Levi is basically a straight swap for Ball, and Varcoe (yuk) for Harry whatever his name. I was bummed Jarrod Lyons didn't find a new home. Doesn't get much of one in Adelaide; think a Melb or the Doggies, who lost half their midfield, would've jumped on him. Maybe he is a bum though and I'm looking at him thru ORFFAN glasses. (ps.....have been trying to post a photo but the little circle just goes round & round and doesn't load; anyone else have the same problem?)

14. G-Train

G-Train Member

Jeff Garlett - Hopefully revitalised in the Melbourne forward line. Levi Greenwood - Expecting 100-105 average at the Pies. Rhys Stanley - If Geelong believe in him... that makes me rest easier for believing in him also.

15. chris88

Mitch Robinson and Brock McLean delisted. Wow.

16. graeme

graeme Guest

In the case of Mitch R - that may be the case in Parkville bit it is definitely not the case in Waikick country. Still our number 1 pig hunter and a valued foundation member of the groups known within the club as the late night fighters and the early morning fighters. Expect to see him re-emerge with a Q address and a new attitude - one which reflects the calm, peaceful inner man.