TS NFL Keeper League Draft - What we thought

Discussion in 'Blog' started by bgt2110, Sep 1, 2015.

By bgt2110 on Sep 1, 2015 at 10:00 AM
  1. bgt2110

bgt2110 Moderator Staff Member

Join Johnson and Myself as we wrap up and analyse the recent NFL keeper league draft - do you agree with our thoughts on the hits and misses of each round of the draft ?

TS NFL Keeper League - Re-Draft
    ** Only the Canuck Warriors and Waito's Warriors re-drafted in Rounds 5 and 6, whilst Jimbo's Juggernaught also began re-drafting in Round 6. All other teams began redrafting in Round 7.

Round: 5

(49) Brady's Bunch - Julian Edelman WR

(50) So Long Mr Wallace - Bishop Sankey RB

(51) Canuck Warriors - Mark Ingram RB

(52) The Jug-O-Naughts - Frank Gore RB

(53) Waito's Warriors - Carlos Hyde RB

(54) Team Simonoz - Travis Kelce TE

(55) Rigil Kentaurus - Golden Tate WR

(56) Jimbos Juggernaut - Antonio Brown WR

(57) Yo Yo Marshawn - Blake Bortles QB

(58) Billy Bass - Justin Forsett RB

(59) Kings of Karlos - Sammy Watkins WR

(60) Team Stowie - C.J. Anderson RB

Unsurprisingly, Ingram and Hyde, as the expected lead RBs for the Saints and 49ers respectively were first off the board.

Round: 6

(61) Brady's Bunch - Owen Daniels TE

(62) So Long Mr Wallace - Derek Carr QB

(63) Canuck Warriors - Teddy Bridgewater QB

(64) The Jug-O-Naughts - Mike Wallace WR

(65) Waito's Warriors - Melvin Gordon RB

(66) Team Simonoz - Odell Beckham Jr. WR

(67) Rigil Kentaurus - Philip Rivers QB

(68) Jimbos Juggernaut - Amari Cooper WR

(69) Yo Yo Marshawn - Allen Robinson WR

(70) Billy Bass - T.Y. Hilton WR

(71) Kings of Karlos - Brandin Cooks WR

(72) Team Stowie - Latavius Murray RB

Bridgewater looked to be the best QB available and was taken early by Canuck, before the first 2 rookies were taken. Melvin Gordon was drafted by Waito's Warriors and Jimbo's Juggernaughts entered the fray by taking the highest ranked first year WR, Amari Cooper. Both are expected to be prominent this season, and being a dynasty league, for years to come for these two teams.

Round: 7

(73) Brady's Bunch - Todd Gurley RB

(74) So Long Mr Wallace - Emmanuel Sanders WR

(75) Canuck Warriors - Sam Bradford QB

(76) The Jug-O-Naughts - Joseph Randle RB

(77) Waito's Warriors - Jameis Winston QB

(78) Team Simonoz - T.J. Yeldon RB

(79) Rigil Kentaurus - Davante Adams WR

(80) Jimbos Juggernaut - Ameer Abdullah RB

(81) Yo Yo Marshawn - Jordan Matthews WR

(82) Billy Bass - Joique Bell RB

(83) Kings of Karlos - Greg Olsen TE

(84) Team Stowie - Marcus Mariota QB

All teams now in the re-draft

Johnson:
    Had hoped to grab Abdullah, who was duly plucked from my grasp by Jimbo's Juggernaught who complemented his brilliant WR with what appears to be a gem of a RB. Matthews looks to be the number 1 WR in a high-scoring offence, so I was pleased to take him. The Sanders and Olsen picks surprised me; I thought both would go lower, though with no Benjamin to throw to at Carolina, Newton might be looking even more so towards Olsen.

Bgt2110 :
    I was looking at drafting a good young RB in this round, with Spiller injured as my RB2 I hoped to pick up someone to start for me. In hindsight I should have drafted Doug Martin but thought he might drop a round or 2. Little bit of a risky pick drafting Davante Adams but he is in a prime spot to fill the void in the Packers receiving corps after the Nelson injury. Kudos to Jimbo for nabbing both Cooper and Abdullah. Surprise pick for me was Randle, will get opportunities but will be sharing a heap of carries as well.

Round: 8

(85) Team Stowie - DeSean Jackson WR

(86) Kings of Karlos - Jarvis Landry WR

(87) Billy Bass - Carson Palmer QB

(88) Yo Yo Marshawn - Doug Martin RB

(89) Jimbos Juggernaut - Charles Johnson WR

(90) Rigil Kentaurus - Eric Decker WR

(91) Team Simonoz - Alex Smith QB

(92) Waito's Warriors - Martellus Bennett TE

(93) The Jug-O-Naughts - Nick Foles QB

(94) Canuck Warriors - Vincent Jackson WR

(95) So Long Mr Wallace - Andre Ellington RB

(96) Brady's Bunch - Chris Ivory RB

Johnson:
    Missed out on one of the top rated rookie RB's, so Martin became a priority. Very pleased to grab him and hope with better QB play and the continued emergence of Evans and Sefarian-Jenkins, he will be able to have a fine season. Loved the Landry and Johnson picks, and Ivory was good value there, but Bennett went earlier than expected. With Witten and Cameron going off the board in the next round, perhaps this was about right?

Bgt2110 :
    Was sitting back waiting for Martin to fall into my pocket, after he was picked up a couple of spots before my pick I ended up rushing and going for Decker, another WR and at best someone to fill my flex spot on the roster. Besides Martin the pick of this round for me was Landry, I am hoping Tannehill has a breakout season and Landry will be a big benefit of that. Surprised with the Desean Jackson pick, too many questions at the Redskins and he is a very hit and miss fantasy player. Big play or Bust, more Bust this season I feel.

Round: 9

(97) Brady's Bunch - LeGarrette Blount RB

(98) So Long Mr Wallace - Giovani Bernard RB

(99) Canuck Warriors - Rashad Jennings RB

(100) The Jug-O-Naughts - Nelson Agholor WR

(101) Waito's Warriors - Larry Fitzgerald WR

(102) Team Simonoz - Shane Vereen RB

(103) Rigil Kentaurus - Jason Witten TE

(104) Jimbos Juggernaut - Martavis Bryant WR

(105) Yo Yo Marshawn - Ryan Fitzpatrick QB

(106) Billy Bass - Jordan Cameron TE

(107) Kings of Karlos - Brian Quick WR

(108) Team Stowie - Ryan Mathews RB

Johnson:
    Needed a back-up QB and we were starting to get to the dregs, so hopefully Fitzpatrick can deliver with some decent receivers in NY whilst Geno sits out the first part of the season. Probably would've re-drafted Bryant though had he been available. Blount and Quick offered good value in this round.

Bgt2110 :
    Very much weighed up getting either a RB or TE at this round, in the end went with the safe(r) option of Jason Witten, ironically I will probably start the TE I drafted a couple of rounds later Dwayne Allen as my starter. Up to this stage of the draft I felt I was being dictated to by what other people were doing and the positions that were being chosen rather than following my own plan. Picks of the round for me this time were Shane Vereen and Nelson Agholor. Vereen will end up being the Giants RB1 and is also good for a few receptions each game as well. Agholor might not be an instant hit but a great pick up for the future.

Round: 10

(109) Team Stowie - Isaiah Crowell RB

(110) Kings of Karlos - Tevin Coleman RB

(111) Billy Bass - Tre Mason RB

(112) Yo Yo Marshawn - John Brown WR

(113) Jimbos Juggernaut - Zach Ertz TE

(114) Rigil Kentaurus - Darren McFadden RB

(115) Team Simonoz - Robert Griffin QB

(116) Waito's Warriors - Josh McCown QB

(117) The Jug-O-Naughts - Julius Thomas TE

(118) Canuck Warriors - Roddy White WR

(119) So Long Mr Wallace - Torrey Smith WR

(120) Brady's Bunch - Charles Sims RB

Johnson:
    A run of RBs to kick of the round, not altogether inspiring, but the RB depth is average as we all know. Was rapt to bring Brown back into the fold, hopefully the Cardinals get a full season out of Palmer and Brown can take advantage of Fitzgerald still coping the best CB. Griffin could be inspired if he leaves Washington and plays QB behind a half decent offensive line. JT proved to be too tempting for The Jug-O-Naughts despite the change in teams. Really like the McFadden selection, half the yards Murray ran last year would easily justify the selection here.

Bgt2110:
    Bit the bullet finally and grabbed my RB in McFadden. I know Jerry likes the guy so will be given plenty of opportunities. If he stays healthy and that is a big if I can almost taste the fantasy points that he could rack up behind that Dallas offensive line.
    Ertz the pick of the round for me, I should have taken him before Witten. Torrey Smith another good one, besides Boldin I don't see who else Kap will throw it to and if reports of him concentrating on his passing game this offseason are to be believed then Smith is in line for some decent games.

Round: 11

(121) Brady's Bunch - Marques Colston WR

(122) So Long Mr Wallace - Michael Floyd WR

(123) Canuck Warriors - Devonta Freeman RB

(124) The Jug-O-Naughts - Alfred Blue RB

(125) Waito's Warriors - Seahawks D/ST D/ST

(126) Team Simonoz - Jay Ajayi RB

(127) Rigil Kentaurus - Dwayne Allen TE

(128) Jimbos Juggernaut - Brian Hoyer QB

(129) Yo Yo Marshawn - Duke Johnson RB

(130) Billy Bass - Danny Woodhead RB

(131) Kings of Karlos - Matt Jones RB

(132) Team Stowie - Anquan Boldin WR

Johnson:
    I am not convinced by Crowell, and Cleveland will run the ball a lot, so Duke was worth a punt here. Plus, I love having someone called Duke in my team. A number of second string RB's off the board in this round, though all have legitimate claims to have productive years. The first D re-drafted was, unsurprisingly, the Seahawks, though Chancellor still holding out, Maxwell gone, this was much higher than I expected.

Bgt2110:
    Pleased with my TE pick of Allen, even though Fleener might scab some of his points I believe Allen is the better TE in the red zone where it counts. Should be plenty of points to go around in that Colts offence too.
    Boldin a good pick up this late in the draft while I too thought the seahawks d/st was a little early off the board.

Round: 12

(133) Team Stowie - Steve Smith Sr. WR

(134) Kings of Karlos - Eddie Royal WR

(135) Billy Bass - Breshad Perriman WR

(136) Yo Yo Marshawn - DeVante Parker WR

(137) Jimbos Juggernaut - Knile Davis RB

(138) Rigil Kentaurus - Devin Funchess WR

(139) Team Simonoz - Dorial Green-Beckham WR

(140) Waito's Warriors - Darren Sproles RB

(141) The Jug-O-Naughts - Brandon LaFell WR

(142) Canuck Warriors - Kendall Wright WR

(143) So Long Mr Wallace - Andre Williams RB

(144) Brady's Bunch - Pierre Garcon WR

Johnson:
    A mix of old and new WR's taken here. I was very pleased Parker slipped through, despite his likely early season absence. In light of Benjamin going down, Funchess will be targeted more than first thought.

Bgt2110:
    Pleased with my pick up of Funchess, ironically was tossing up between him and Green-Beckham who went the pick after. Green-Beckham has the higher ceiling but I went with the fact that Funchess will hopefully have a more immediate impact in the Panthers offence. Quite a few rookies mixed in with veterans here, my favourite pick would probably be Eddie Royal who could be a favourite target of Cutler's. Can't see Knile Davis having any effect, would have taken a couple of RB's before him.

Round: 13

(145) Brady's Bunch - Cody Latimer WR

(146) So Long Mr Wallace - Lorenzo Taliaferro RB

(147) Canuck Warriors - Fred Jackson RB

(148) The Jug-O-Naughts - Texans D/ST D/ST

(149) Waito's Warriors - Michael Crabtree WR

(150) Team Simonoz - Jets D/ST D/ST

(151) Rigil Kentaurus - Bills D/ST D/ST

(152) Jimbos Juggernaut - Lance Dunbar RB

(153) Yo Yo Marshawn - Kevin White WR

(154) Billy Bass - Percy Harvin WR

(155) Kings of Karlos - Rams D/ST D/ST

(156) Team Stowie - David Cobb RB

Johnson:
    After sitting quietly through Round 12, the eventual run of D/ST's came in this round, and pretty much to expectations. Team Simonoz hoping Revis Island back in gang green significantly outweighs the loss of Richardson up front, and Rex from the sidelines. I got a sneaky pick in here of White - probably out for the year, but good value in round 13 considering he was the rated the second best rookie WR coming out of college.

Bgt2110:
    I think Simonoz went a homer pick here choosing the Jets d/st, quite a few better ones out there fantasy wise than them. I went the Bills, hoping that Rex Ryan can improve on an outfit that was ranked in the top 3 fantasy wise last year.
    I liked the Crabtree pick in this round, a solid choice for this late in the draft. The Raiders will improve this year and with Cooper taking the best defender Crabtree could easily have some big games.

Round: 14

(157) Team Stowie - Kelvin Benjamin WR

(158) Kings of Karlos - Delanie Walker TE

(159) Billy Bass - Markus Wheaton WR

(160) Yo Yo Marshawn - Dolphins D/ST D/ST

(161) Jimbos Juggernaut - Phillip Dorsett WR

(162) Rigil Kentaurus - Denard Robinson RB

(163) Team Simonoz - Adam Vinatieri K

(164) Waito's Warriors - Steven Hauschka K

(165) The Jug-O-Naughts - Marvin Jones WR

(166) Canuck Warriors - Donte Moncrief WR

(167) So Long Mr Wallace - Montee Ball RB

(168) Brady's Bunch - Jonas Gray RB

Johnson: In Suh I trust.

2 Kickers of the board - were they autopick?? Surely they were… How Montee has fallen, if only he could hang onto the damn ball. Liked the Walker pick, 6 rounds after Bennet was taken and yet I don't see there being a huge difference between them. Stowie followed my lead by taking the gun, but unavailable, Kelvin Benjamin. Billy Bass will be hoping Bryant cops his suspension and Wheaton becomes WR2 in Pittsburgh's offence.

Bgt2110:
    Wanted a back up RB who might play, Robinson the best of what was left. Bench filler but will be there in an emergency.
    Liked the pick of Moncrief, anywhere else but the Colts and he would be taken much higher in the draft but there are so many good young receivers at the Colts that he is limited to the scraps. Benjamin a great stash for next year while Jimbo is building a formidable side of young guns and proven players.

Round: 15

(169) Brady's Bunch - Cardinals D/ST D/ST

(170) So Long Mr Wallace - Broncos D/ST D/ST

(171) Canuck Warriors - Ravens D/ST D/ST

(172) The Jug-O-Naughts - Malcom Floyd WR

(173) Waito's Warriors - Larry Donnell TE

(174) Team Simonoz - Maxx Williams TE

(175) Rigil Kentaurus - Dan Bailey K

(176) Jimbos Juggernaut - Patriots D/ST D/ST

(177) Yo Yo Marshawn - Tyler Eifert TE

(178) Billy Bass - David Johnson RB

(179) Kings of Karlos - Cameron Artis-Payne RB

(180) Team Stowie - Panthers D/ST D/ST

Johnson:
    D/STs and TE's were the theme of this round. Patriots could be very good value, as they are going to need to defend brilliantly if Brady remains suspended early in the year, though Revis Island back in NY, Browner also elsewhere, Belichick will need to be at his very best with this D/ST. Eifert injury free, opposition focussing on AJ, you know it makes sense.

Bgt2110:
    Grabbed my number 1 kicker here in Dan Bailey, never misses, indoor stadium, potent offence, happy to have him onboard. Lots of D/ST's….can't argue with any picks.

Round: 16

(181) Team Stowie - Matt Bryant K

(182) Kings of Karlos - Justin Tucker K

(183) Billy Bass - Lions D/ST D/ST

(184) Yo Yo Marshawn - Cody Parkey K

(185) Jimbos Juggernaut - Heath Miller TE

(186) Rigil Kentaurus - Victor Cruz WR

(187) Team Simonoz - Jerick McKinnon RB

(188) Waito's Warriors - Reggie Bush RB

(189) The Jug-O-Naughts - DeAngelo Williams RB

(190) Canuck Warriors - Matt Prater K

(191) So Long Mr Wallace - Brandon McManus K

(192) Brady's Bunch - Khiry Robinson RB

Johnson:
    Get excited if you like kickers! All a much of a muchness IMO, though with the new rules in place for extra points, Kickers might prove themselves to be more valuable than we all think? Parkey was a great first year player for Yo Yo Marshawn, so we were pleased to welcome him back. Robinson could be great value at selection 192.

Bgt2110:
    Threw a bit of a Hail Mary with my pick of Cruz, just couldn't go past his ability even on 1 leg and being overtaken by one OBJ but what the hell, he is worth a late round flyer.
    Khiry Robinson a great pick this late.

Round: 17

(193) Brady's Bunch - Kenny Stills WR

(194) So Long Mr Wallace - Dan Carpenter K

(195) Canuck Warriors - Antonio Gates TE

(196) The Jug-O-Naughts - Mason Crosby K

(197) Waito's Warriors - Reggie Wayne WR

(198) Team Simonoz - Eagles D/ST D/ST

(199) Rigil Kentaurus - Blair Walsh K

(200) Jimbos Juggernaut - Shaun Suisham K

(201) Yo Yo Marshawn - Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE

(202) Billy Bass - Caleb Sturgis K

(203) Kings of Karlos - Cecil Shorts III WR

(204) Team Stowie - Tyrod Taylor QB

Johnson:
    Was anyone still on-line? I wanted a certain WR but couldn't get him due to WR limits (this needs changing??), so went with the Hyphen out of Tampa. The Eagles actually have D/ST - all I ever here about is home many points they are going to score! Good to see Canuck and Waito providing a home for the old and decrepit. Stowie might well have picked up the bargain of the draft taking Taylor last, a day before he was named the Bills starting QB - super drafting that.

Bgt2110:
    Took my back up K, bench filler. Seferian-Jenkins a great pick up in round 17. Also like Shorts. Suisham out for the year, will be dropped to waivers I'm sure.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by bgt2110, Sep 1, 2015.

1. jimbowan
      jimbowan
      Nice write up fellas!
    2. stowie
      stowie
      Nice work guys, enjoyed reading your thoughts.

I was happy to take the risk on DJax, he had some nice games with Kirk Cousins starting but still very boom or bust.

Was tough waiting 17 picks and seeing guys fly off the board. Would've liked one of the Philly guys, Bradford or Matthews, with my first go but stoked to get Mariota.

Outside of that I was pretty happy with how my draft went. Couple of old man WRs to get me through this year with Benjamin stashed.

Will be interesting to see where FJax ends up after being cut by the Bills. Such a solid RB (in Fantasy and the NFL), could end up being super value at R13.
    3. karlos
      karlos
      Great write up fella's love the 2 of you having a crack at it and seeing the differing views in some cases. Shall be an interesting year ahead and hoping my squad can replicate last year at the very least with a GF berth (like its that easy!).
    4. Fez
      Fez
      Didn't realize the people who didn't have 6 keepers got to pick before the rest of us definitely would have only picked 5 myself but something to think of next year
    5. Johnson
      Johnson
      Did you not re-draft last year? Same thing happened then.
    6. stowie
      stowie
      Also glad we had 60 seconds per pick. The draft last night was a blur!
    7. Fez
      Fez
      Yeah I did last year, I didn't even notice it.
    8. walesy
      walesy
      lightning fast!
    9. Johnson
      Johnson
      Tell me about it, you won't hear me complaining about getting pick 2 (and ALL DAY with it), but having Newts on auto pick meant my picks were spaced like 10 seconds apart each time! Super intense. Loved the different strategies that played out, I think I reached a little to high for my QB, and I am going to need my WRs to exceed expectations to be competitive
    10. jimbowan
      jimbowan
      I had the back to back last/first each round, try having 60 seconds to make 2 picks!
    11. Johnson
    12. walesy
      walesy
      You picked super quick! Made it tough. :D

Was nice that you went RB/RB/RB early though, meant I would go WR/WR/WR/ knowing that you weren't going to grab Stewart in your picks. :D
    13. snoz
      snoz
      I too didn't understand how my picks were being taken prior to Rd 7 - makes sense now though :)

I wish I could blame 630am Sunday, but I wasn't thrilled with my drafting at all - bit under prepared I think this year. And hell yes on taking the Jets DST - I live 15 mins from their facility & have been there numerous times. If they stink I can easily pop over and give em hell.
    14. Johnson
      Johnson
      Kinda like the opposite to 'haters gonna hate' hey Simonoz?? Love the emotive selections, adds a great dynamic to the comp.
    15. stowie
      stowie
      Brady is a free man!
    16. snoz
      snoz
      Will we have a weekly review this year do you think?

Last year was kinda quiet throughout the season - no banter can get boring :)
    17. Johnson
      Johnson
      Going to try and get a weekly review out each week, but if anyone else wants to contribute something, please do, it definitely makes the season more enjoyable with the banter. A weekly preview of one key match up would be pretty cool I think and wouldn't be overly onerous.
    18. snoz
      snoz
      Yep agreed, will try & help out too.....

We have a forum space too, which is great for banter. Hasn't been a post in it since pre last season :)