[TS] R.U.Serious Supercoach Draft League

Discussion in 'Leagues' started by 22stars, Feb 1, 2013.

1. 22stars

22stars New Member

New league created for the New Supercoach draft game. League Code:852689 All welcome once league is full, we can select the preferred draft options.

2. 22stars

22stars New Member

Sorry Walesy, site looks fantastic done an awesome job, I was actually trying to post this under other leagues.

3. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

Joined up. Looks good. Should be fun.
    How do you plan on deciding the draft order?

4. guesswork

guesswork Member

Question to the assembled masses: Does Supercoach draft only allow you toenter one league or can you be in multiple leagues (and therefore multiple drafts) ?

5. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

I believe only one draft league per login.

6. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I am in

7. Malteaser

Malteaser Member

Great just joined

8. Malteaser

Malteaser Member

by the way could you change the date of the draft? It's a bit early and loads of stuff can happen before the season begins

9. 22stars

22stars New Member

Definitely change the draft date open to suggestions on that hows maybe the last Sunday of February and also would like suggestions on the draft setup guys want to make sure everyone is happy with the options.

10. yumcha

yumcha Member

Just wondering if you guys are playing in a 15 players per team league or 22 players per team?
    im doing a league with some mates and there's a debate between the two.

11. Malteaser

Malteaser Member

My suggestion is about a week or even closer to round 1. I have played this style game for quite a while and if you start drafts to early you can get caught out with injuries out of form, position etc. Also just my preference and the group needs to decide on this but a quick draft is the best. If it is to slow it can take hours ( and in some instances days) to run.

12. Len

A week or two before season start would be ideal, but I do like the time and day you have currently selected, 8.30 odd on a Sunday or Monday would be ideal for me.

13. Jason

Woohoo, was I the last one onboard? Glad to be here, looking forward to this.

14. Jason

yumcha wrote:
    Just wondering if you guys are playing in a 15 players per team league or 22 players per team? im doing a league with some mates and there's a debate between the two. I'm in the ORFFL here on TS, which is a 15-a-side (18 teams) draft keeper league. I can say that it works really well with 18 teams with lists of 26. The rest of the players were not drafted at all (about half of the league). With only 12 teams, I can see how 22-a-side each week might be OK, but I think it might stretch the pool pretty thin towards at one end. I'd favour only having to field 15 players each week. Having to field 22 players would make it more interesting, but certainly more difficult if injuries strike any given team's list harder than average.

15. 22stars

22stars New Member

I agree 15 a side would be better for everyone as it would enable a better squad, if no one has any issues with that i will change it to 15.

16. Len

15 players and 26 total works as Jason has stated, you reach deep enough to make it fun without it being tedious

17. Jason

Difference though here is that there will only be 12 teams. Also, I don't think there is a list-cap at any stage. Looks like we just keep drafting until all players are taken?

18. Len

Jason wrote:
    Difference though here is that there will only be 12 teams. Also, I don't think there is a list-cap at any stage. Looks like we just keep drafting until all players are taken? Nah, there is a limit, I missed the 12 bit though, I assumed 18 teams, the squad size options are below;
    Next, you'll need to select your squad size and field layout. There are seven selectable options, which include short squads with short or long benches (for maximum versatility), or a complete AFL-like squad line up. The available squad options are as follows:<br style='color: #414141; font-family: 'PT Sans', sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: #f5f5f5; text-shadow: none !important;[/img] <strong style='font-size: 13px; font-family: 'PT Sans', sans-serif; color: #414141; background-color: #f5f5f5; text-shadow: none !important;]DEF - Defenders, MID - Midfielders, RUC - Rucks, FWD - Forwards / BENCH - Total players):[/b]<br style='color: #414141; font-family: 'PT Sans', sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: #f5f5f5; text-shadow: none !important;[/img] 2-2-1-2/5 - 12 players<br style='color: #414141; font-family: 'PT Sans', sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: #f5f5f5; text-shadow: none !important;[/img] 2-3-1-2/4 - 12 players<br style='color: #414141; font-family: 'PT Sans', sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: #f5f5f5; text-shadow: none !important;[/img] 2-2-1-2/8 - 15 players<br style='color: #414141; font-family: 'PT Sans', sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: #f5f5f5; text-shadow: none !important;[/img] 2-3-1-2/7 - 15 players<br style='color: #414141; font-family: 'PT Sans', sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: #f5f5f5; text-shadow: none !important;[/img] 3-3-1-3/5 - 15 players<br style='color: #414141; font-family: 'PT Sans', sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: #f5f5f5; text-shadow: none !important;[/img] 3-4-1-3/4 - 15 players<br style='color: #414141; font-family: 'PT Sans', sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: #f5f5f5; text-shadow: none !important;[/img] 5-6-2-5/4 - 22 players<br style='color: #414141; font-family: 'PT Sans', sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: #f5f5f5; text-shadow: none !important;[/img] Remember, the game features a<strong style='font-size: 13px; font-family: 'PT Sans', sans-serif; color: #414141; background-color: #f5f5f5; text-shadow: none !important;]floating bench[/b]- players on your bench can be from<strong style='font-size: 13px; font-family: 'PT Sans', sans-serif; color: #414141; background-color: #f5f5f5; text-shadow: none !important;]any[/b]position.
    I found the small squad in SC Gold draft annoying last year, so would like the bottom option most,

19. Len

We also are back down to 11 teams, we have one vacancy atm

20. grav

grav Guest

I'm a glutton....... :) Have taken up the last spot. Yeah agree with option of max possible team list - 22 players