Ucantbetooserious Round 20

Discussion in 'Blog' started by nafe18, Aug 13, 2012.

By nafe18 on Aug 13, 2012 at 10:00 AM
  1. nafe18

nafe18 New Member

What a big week its been in football (thankyou Eddie). A number of late withdrawals hurting many a team, including the donors, where we missed Roughie, Fyfe, and Adams, scoring two donuts on our way to a lowly 2308. This placed us at 60,226 for the week, and meant that we fell 1382 places in the overall, to now be at 19,408 - a far cry from the top 100 or 1000 targets we had at the start of the year (is it still possible to make up a few thousand points in only three weeks???)

In our leagues we won three matches and lost two, which gave us a wide variety of results, from making the preliminary final, to being kicked out at the first hurdle. Its a harsh mistress, this supercoach caper...

Join me over the break to see the team breakdown, and a summary of each of our league performances.<!--more-->

As always, we start with the team breakdown, which goes a little something like this:

Deledio DEF 116
    Scotland DEF 119
    Goddard DEF 77
    H. Shaw DEF 91
    Carrazzo DEF 115
    Yarran DEF 64
    S. Shaw DEF 58
    Ablett MID 126 Captain 252
    Kennedy MID 168
    Selwood MID 99
    Mitchell MID 114
    Pendlebury MID 116
    Priddis MID 111
    Cox RUC 190
    Campbell RUC 25
    Dangerfield FWD 187
    Sidebottom FWD 92
    Riewoldt FWD 140
    Martin FWD 125
    Goodes FWD 49

Lake DEF 100
    Darley DEF 47
    Gibson MID 115
    Sexton MID 0
    Roughead RUC 0
    Pattison RUC 0
    Adams FWD 0
    Fyfe FWD 0
    Franklin FWD 0
    Milera FWD 0

Down back, and this week the blues brothers redeemed themselves somewhat, with Scotland leading the way on 119 points, and Carrazzo third on 115, only one point behind Deledios 116. That was it for the tons, with H Shaw next on 91, then Goddard doing everything in his power to reduce his starting price for next season, with a 77. Yarran followed on 64, with S Shaw on 58 rounding out our backline. The decision to bench Lake in favour of S Shaw backfired, with Lake scoring a perfect 100, while Darley continues to keep the pine up to temperature, this week its 47. So some missed points here, 42 of them to be exact, with our decision to bench Lake not working as planned.

Our midfield this week was lead by Kennedy on 168 points, followed by the permacap Ablett on 126, which doubled up to 252. Next up was a blanket across Pendlebury, Mitchell, and Priddis, on 116, 114, and 111 respectively, while Selwood brought up the rear of the (mid)field with 99 points. Our bench continues to see Sexton on zero, but Gibson looks like a star in the making, this week scoring 115 points, to outdo three of our fielded players. So, although we wouldnt have picked it, it is becoming more tempting to give Gibson a run -but who for each week? - and this week it cost us a potential 16 points.

The gold medal for the week goes to the big man who everyones mum loves... Dean Cox, on 190 points. Its a good thing he scored so well, because Roughead decided to take a late holiday this week, leaving us with an emergency 25 points from Campbell. Once again, the unused swingman in Pattison failed to debut, maintaining his perfect record of donuts.

Back to the future, err forwards, where we continue to have problem after problem. Ironically its the guy who can claim he has a name for problems, in Dangerfield, taking home the silver medal with a 187 (sorry, I forgot to mention that Kennedy collected the bronze to save face for the mids). Next up was the Riewoldt cousin who is less likely to break down, with Jack scoring a handy 140 points, followed by teammate Martin on 125. Sidebottom didnt quite bring up the rear, with his 92 points effectively double that of the guy who couldnt live up to his name, with "Goodes" scoring 49 points (there seemed to be a bit of a trend with our forwards not living up to their names). And thats where it all fell apart for our forwards this week, with Franklin still not returning, Adams a late withdrawal, Milera nowhere to be seen, and our "shoulder to shoulder" trade of Porps to Fyfe was very fruitful, swapping a crow-flavoured donut to that of a salty one with a fishy smell...

So, potential points this week, and theres the 42 points down back, the 16 in the mids, moving the big C from permacap to the big C(ox) would have netted another 64 points, and trading Porps to nearly anyone except Fyfe and Chappy would have made us at-least one extra point... Unfortunately team selection cost us dearly in a couple of leagues, as well see now.

League: Ucantbetooserious
    We were in the second qualifying final in the loosers league, playing Shoodabeens, who beat us by 98 points. Looking back to our potential points, leaving Lake on the field and trading Porps to anyone who averaged 60 points or more (and scored 60 points) would have given us the win. Fickle mistress....
    This week were up against Cunning Linguists, who might be able to give me a hand with some clever descriptions next week.

League: Ucantbe TS
    Here we won our match against Ellis in Wonderland, by 59 points, which jumped us all the way to the second preliminary final in the winners league. We get to take a week off this week (like many of our players!!!) and will be facing either AstuteBetting (but I wouldnt bet on it) or Daicos Magic! (who is probably too old and slow to keep up with the athleticism of todays game). Well just have to wait and see.

League: TS Igotatheory
    We took on Lord Brockys Best in the first qualifying final in the loosers league, and had a win by 162 points. Once again this bumped us straight to the prelims, where well face either Thuglife (does that mean SC is more or less of a matter of life and death?) or Pink Panthers (go on, start humming the tune, I know I am!!!!).

League: TS Pine Warmers
    We were in the second elimination final in the winners league, up against Krunchy Nuts, where we lost by 90 points. That means its game over for us here, and once again team selection and bloody Nat Fyfe cost us big time. Theres no next week here, so we can just sit back and watch things unfold.

League: TS - WA League
    We had a win against The Terrible Three by 132 points in the second qualifying final in the loosers league this week. Luckily we won, otherwise the donors would be taking on my personal team next week, and that would just suck (I want to beat the donors in the final!!!!). So, in a weeks time well be taking on either Crown Julz (any comment relating to the crown jewels is funny!) or Tino time (and right now Im living in Chile, where the Spanish word for wine is vino, which sounds much like Tino, and I could really do with one right now, so Ill stop dribbling on and get to the important stuff!)

Join us in the donor forum to help make decisions with where the team will go next week.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by nafe18, Aug 13, 2012.