Updated: Gary Ablett Injury Update

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Harveys_Heroes, May 9, 2009.

By Harveys_Heroes on May 9, 2009 at 10:00 AM
  1. Harveys_Heroes

Harveys_Heroes New Member

Gary Ablett could play next week against the Kangaroos, according to his article in the Herald Sun today.

I cant be bothered writing out the whole thing, but here are the highlights.

"the scan showed the hips are found and there is no inflammation around the pubis bone" No osteitis pubis then.

"We do regular tests to measure our core strength, and thats what well be using to work out when Im back at 100% and ready to play"

"This week the aim is to ramp it up (at training)"

"I want to make sure I get it right now rather than having to battle through games later on" This suggests theyll rest him if hes only 90% fit.

"Theres a chance Ill play against North Melbourne this Saturday....the worst case scenario is agains the Western Bulldogs the following week."

Hopefully Gazza doesnt do the Richo thing and makes sure he is fully fit and ready to go when he does return. But at least we know it wont be a permanent 2-3 weeks away from returning, like Ottens was last year.

Edit: Here is the <a href="http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,,25453495-5016212,00.html" target="_blank">link[/url], courtesy of Spud.

UPDATE: Gary Ablett will miss this weeks game against NM, according to <a href="http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/76698/default.aspx" target="_blank">Mark Thompson.[/url]

"While Ottens is yet to hit the training track, star onballer Gary Ablett has been running at 80 per cent but will not be risked this weekend against North Melbourne.

After missing last week’s win over the Sydney Swans with an adductor strain, the 24-year-old has been banging down medical staff’s door to prove his fitness, but Thompson said the Cats would not be swayed.

“The plan was always for two weeks and when it initially happened we gave a range (of weeks out) and two was the plan,” he said.

“Nothing has changed in our eyes. We’ve designed a rehab program to get him up to play not this week, but the following week.”"
    Shame.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Harveys_Heroes, May 9, 2009.