Velogames Giro dItalia

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by port_leschenault, May 3, 2012.

1. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Chels n co,

Velogames are doing a fantasy game for the Giro! More good news, its set and forget, pick your 9 riders and that's it! Simple, easy fun fantasy game for all who like fantasy games and/or cycling, so feel free to join, had about 10 for the Vuelta last year so good turn out.

Anyone new to cycling, feel free to ask questions about riders.

TooSerious League Code: 02145802

2. graeme

graeme Guest

top quality work port - exactly what i have come to expect from you my friend.

Will wander over there very soon and register

3. Fazz

Fazz New Member

I'll give it a go & after having a quick look at the website thank god Supercoach & Dreamteam aren't this primitive

4. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Count me in for this one. Need to get some practise in to build up to the TdeF. GreedEdge all the way!
    @ Chels how about that Cisse goal?

5. J_C

J_C Guest

I know next to stuff all, but that's half the fun! I'll give it a go :)

6. port_leschenault

I should probably give a link to the website! Here you go. Encouraging response so far

<blockquote>Quote from Fazz on May 3, 2012, 11:48
    I'll give it a go & after having a quick look at the website thank god Supercoach & Dreamteam aren't this primitive</blockquote>

General consensus with TS'ers last time was that set and forget was good, because it allowed them not to worry about transfers etc whilst they concentrated on Supercoach as a priority but different strokes in all that.

If you are looking for a game that's slightly more involved, have a look at the road.cc game, you get 2 trades per stage so there's a bit more tinkering and strategy to it. Here's a link

7. graeme

graeme Guest

no comment UA*2

8. bgt2110

bgt2110 Moderator Staff Member

Just created a team. Looking forward to following a new fantasy sport in cycling after having lots of fun with ice hockey earlier this year.

9. graeme

graeme Guest

welcome bgt2110, cyclingnews.com is a site worth checking for teams, updates and feedback

10. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Thats the spirit Brett! Come here to kick my arse in another sport I see!!
    @Chels, don't worry mate, you'll get the last laugh this weekend! Well I can only hope you beat the sh!t side of the Mersey.

11. bgt2110

bgt2110 Moderator Staff Member

I promise i'm not stalking you Richard ha ha ha, now it's cycling,nfl,nba,ice hockey,SC ...gotta love fantasy sports :)

12. stephen247

stephen247 Member

Hi guys, looks like a bit of fun so have joined in as well. Team name says it all...

13. graeme

graeme Guest

welcome stephen247 and best of luck

14. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Celery, Celery, if she don't cum, we'll tickle her bum, with a piece of celery!
    You're going down Chels!

15. port_leschenault

Cyclingnews is ok for news but isn't the best. Since this is getting popular (just wait for the tour lol, will be more than just Chels, Rich and I next time! :D) I'll post some gold links.

Best place for up to date startlist (always best to make sure you're rider is actually riding!): CyclingFever Startlists

What to check a rider's results? Best site for cycling, no other sport has a database like this, it is ownage: CQRanking

Giro news, profiles of stages, teams, everything else: Steephill

16. graeme

graeme Guest

sheet UA, i've sung that while throwing the wonder stalks at the opposition bench - what memories.

Has now been banned by the Met - celery is now classified as a dangerous weapon - go figure

17. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Hey Port, my mate just pointed me to the Road.cc game as well. Have you set up a league in there?

18. port_leschenault

Nope, can do if you want?

19. pendles_05

pendles_05 New Member

Hey guys, somehow saw the link to this blog so though i'd ad myself in your league.
    Never seen a fantasy cycling game before!! Will give that added excitment to the late nights!

Any of you guys ride yourselfs?

20. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

I havent looked at this yet and only have tomorrow morning to set up my Velogames and ride.cc teams, so hopefully I can come up with something that is at least half competitive. @ Port let me know the league code if you do set one up.