Virtual Sports EPL - RULE CHANGE!!

Discussion in 'Soccer' started by stkildathunda, Jul 23, 2011.

1. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote> Your team scores points from your selected Starting 11 players - your 4 Substitutes do not add their points towards your team total.</blockquote>

Thought it was worth posting this in here so people playing can see it easily. This is important to note as it completely changes the game.. No longer does our bench score half points, so keep that in mind when selecting your team.... It kinda changes my strategy of having good depth as it was always the difference of winning or losing....

2. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Just go lowest priced in the respective position now?

3. Fez

Fez Moderator

Same aS supercoach use these players as cash cows

4. AchillesII

AchillesII New Member

There are some dirt cheap premiums that, i'm assuming, the people at Sportal haven't really heard of. Like de Gea from Man U and Gervinho.

Looking forward to what price Aguero comes in at once they update the player lists, and Lita

5. pbabs

pbabs New Member

From my limited knowledge (even having a full EPL season living in England only helps a little) there are a few bargains to be had. In terms of value for money:

The 'keepers are set with De Gea and Given.
    Backs:
    K Gibbs looks set to take on LB permanently following Clichy moving to City. At 3.61m looks very good. Although he has a rough start to the year and some uncertainty as Wegner hasnt given him the vote of confidence.
    JA Riise has returned to the EPL with Fulham. Fulham have a good early draw. Fulhams mainstays in defence averaged 7.5 - 9.5 and Riise has ability to score goals.
    Does someone else have any suggestions on value defenders?

6. Fez

Fez Moderator

Woodgate at stoke except the bloke is more injury prone then Higgins and grimes combined

7. pbabs

pbabs New Member

But if Woodgate plays 10 games in the first 15 he will probably take on something lose to Shawcross/Huth average of last year of 6 - 8. At 3.39m he could (at a guess) double his price. Chelsea, Liverpool and ManU in first 6 weeks. Maybe a wait and see if he is fit and playing.

Ledley King or Thomas Vermaelen could be great picks if they get on the park.

For the mids, pending sale of Cesc, Wilshere and Ramsay should increase their output.

My first attempt at a team has:
    De Gea (Given)
    Cole Evra Company (Riise Gibbs)
    Duff Modric Wilshere Rodwell (Ramsey)
    Rooney Suarez Torres

A lot of big names, but little money making ability. Fine tuning needed.

8. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Due to rule change in that bench dont score im seriously considering going for a stacked midfield and only playing 4-5-1 formation.. Anyone know another cheap as forward that will score?? Midfielders score much more then anywhere else so going to try take advantage of that...

Given (De Gea)
    Kompany, Vermaelen, Cahill (Gibbs, Brown)
    VDV, Malouda, Cahill, A.Young, Wilshire
    Rooney, Rodallega (Holt)

Reckon its time for a Rate My Team thread on main page? We are only 10 days out from start of season...