Who comes off the bench ?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by jdOzman, Jun 8, 2011.

1. jdOzman

jdOzman New Member

So... this week I have a few big outs that I will need to cover with players who are usually warming the pine.
    I will be missing Daisy for sure, I hear Buddy is most likely out and have also heard some talk that Pav could miss.

I'm assuming Sylvia is back, else I'm in even more trouble.

Whilst I have both D/M & F/M links, and plenty of options to shuffle players around to cover those that will miss, I'm having trouble deciding who to bring onto the field and who to leave on the bench.

My team after planned trades this week will be:

DEF: Fisher, Enright, Adcock, Goddard, Gibbs, Suckling, Heppell, (Lower, Puopolo, Tape)

MID: Pendlebury, Judd, J.Selwood, Mundy, Cotchin, Krakouer, (Thomas, B.Jacobs, Iles)

RUC: Cox, Z.Smith, (J.Tippett, McCauley)

FWD: Pavlich, Goodes, Fyfe, N.Riewoldt, Sylvia, Petrie, Darling, (Franklin, Hurley, Siposs)

What I'm trying to decide is whether one of Hurley/Lower/Puopolo may be a better on field option than Krak, in which case I can swing an MPP from either DEF or FWD into MID and bench Krak, then bring one of the above onto the field.

Hurley & Lower have slightly better Avg than Krak, although Krak is playing lower ranked Melb. Puopolo in good form, but up against the Cats.

Interested in everyone's thoughts here - who would you have on the field ?

2. Golingo

Golingo New Member

Hopefully Krak gets a good run through the midfield this week. No Swan, Thomas, or Beams..

3. DC

DC Member

<blockquote>Quote from Golingo on June 8, 2011, 08:07
    Hopefully Krak gets a good run through the midfield this week. No Swan, Thomas, or Beams..
    </blockquote>
    Didak will play more midfield this week no doubt.

4. jdOzman

jdOzman New Member

True Golingo. I am leaning towards Krak for that reason.

Lower is probably the main alternative I'm considering due to him scoring big in a few past matches - usually the ones when I have him on the bench. :-b