ORFFF Draft Discussion/Banter et al

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by TheTassieHawk, Nov 27, 2012.

1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

2. TheTassieHawk

just using this as a placeholder for the ORFFF draft order

16 team draft order (thanks to Walesy
    1 and 32 (etc) - Drouin - Stowie
    2 and 31 (etc) - Heard Island – Anthak
    3 and 30 (etc) - Dingo Beach - Insider
    4 and 29 (etc) - Mt Thirsty - JC (Jolcon stepping in for Illuminati) - - note this was formerly assigned to Port Douglas Pirates who have withdrawn, and Stowie earned Pick 1 over Illuminati who got this pick

5 and 28 (etc) - Walpole – PL
    6 and 27 (etc) - Port Lincoln - Nicky/Mrs Bear
    7 and 26 (etc) - Rutherglen – Tyze1
    8 and 25 (etc) - Jan Juc - thokash

9 and 24 (etc) - Black Swamp – yours Truly
    10 and 23 (etc) - Mole Creek - ViqBoz
    11 and 22 (etc) - Chinchilla - Choppers
    12 and 21 (etc) - Cockburn - Len

13 and 20 (etc) - Useless Loop - Jamabadar
    14 and 19 (etc) - Wedge Island - Bear
    15 and 18 (etc) - Neptune Island – that KI Guy - picking before and after Wedge Island should hopefully keep things interesting
    16 and 17 (etc) - Maralinga - DamoH - (apologies mate, blame Walesy !!!!)

happy ORFFF draft planning

• Like Like x 1
  3. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

With the changeover from old site to new site, I can't seem to find the starting date for the PSD. I seem to remember it being tomorrow, the 11th January. Are we starting tomorrow? If so at what time will it begin and how long does each coach have to nominate their player before getting the next highest rating player assigned to them.

4. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

Not sure how we can start with all the apparent uncertainty around list and cull sizes

5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

tbh that doesn't bother me, we have the list size and a vote is underway with a clear leader for cull size, a second run feels like it will have an inevitable result.
    If anyone was planning on picking someone in the first 10 rounds that they may have to delist in the next 12 months they are probably playing the wrong game and those calls should be well locked in before we get that far in.

The thing I have a big issue is, one day out from the proposed draft start we have 3 alleged coaches that can't be arsed to vote, I feel participation deficit.

• Like Like x 2
  6. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

Firstly, i lol'd - good call on the first dozen or so of your squad.
    Secondly im totally on the same page about non-voters. troubling to have commitment dramas this early!

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheTassieHawk

addressing the first part of Lens post my opinion is that I feel we should commence the draft as scheduled tomorrow January 11. my suggestion is that we may as well make it 8am which means that if we take a 24 hour maximum Stowie has until 8am Tuesday to make his pick. As of now there is no ORFFF draft FORUM thread open so someone (ie not me) will need to do that and make an OP showing the draft rules and then a Following Post showing the draft order for the first 96 picks (or more) or else the 24 hours will not start until that has happened. Also its probably a good idea to have a separate Draft Banter thread created so that we can clearly scroll through the preceeding picks in the main forum while hanging sh#t on others and moaning when someone we really wanted gets plucked one or 2 picks before our turn in the other one.

Picks made by email can be a substitute if people are unable to logon to TS due to the transfer to the new site, although it appears that 13 of the 16 coachers are good to go given we had that many votes in the mandatory delistments page. After 24 hours has elapsed without a pick being made the coach gets the highest ranked player per the ORFFF player list sent out a week or so ago as this includes players like Libber, Crouch etc who missed 2015 altogether so is a slightly better fit than simply going by 2015 average. The (unlikely) exception should be any coach that misses their round 1 pick who should move down to Pick 15 in the order (and given a reminder via email) with everyone else shuffling up to take the spot above. If they then don't show up at 15 perhaps they drop out altogether??

Coaches who have been autopicked or shuffled down the order will then have a maximum of 12 hours to make any picks before being autopicked thereafter unless they can argue their case to the satisfaction of the other draft partipants, if the reasons are sensitive you may wish to do this via email or PM

Agin IMO we should use whatever precedents the other ORFF comps used for Picks 1 and 16 who have double picks - do they get 24 hours for pick 16 (or 32) and another 24 hours for Pick 17 (or 32) or 24 hours to make both picks? Please advise if you can remember. Maybe 24 and 6 would be a fair middle ground to allo the draft to keep moving ??

Again IMO for clarity posts should include a players Christian and surnames as well as their AFL club otherwise you could end up with the wrong Josh Kennedy or Scott Thompson, or the wrong Selwood at the Cats (for example)

If anyone has an opinion on any of this feel free to share it but obviously sooner rather than later

from memory we need to average around 7 picks per day which basically means that if we assume people pick in 2 hourly intervals a starting pick of 830am and subsequent picks of 1030am, 1230, 230, 430, 630, 830 and 1030pm daily we manage 8 picks. If one person does take 23 hours to pick then every after that will need to pick up the pace to make up the lost picks or we will fall behind. If several of us do this we could end up not having a clear break for a trade period prior to Round 1 and we may need to slide the first games back to Round 2 or 3 or go with a modified points system if we have insufficient players to field 15 man teams. Hence delaying the draft in my opinion puts us under the pump too much unless we agree to have a draft night in mid March to make 4 or 5 picks each if required to wrap things up on time.

8. choppers

I'm all for getting the draft started tomorrow as I reckon we need as much time as we can, to be ready for the start of the Season. As far as time allowed for Pick 16 and 17 and every other round, I don't think that'll be a problem as Damo is a pretty organised person(from ORFFU experience) and I'm sure he'll do his homework and have both picks ready to go when its time. No pressure there,Damo...:rolleyes:

9. Len

Be at it, nicely ;)

10. DamoH

DamoH Well-Known Member

Happy from my end to have just the basic 24 hours for both picks.

And thanks for the vote of confidence Chops, not sure my wife or business partner would agree though!

• Like Like x 1
  11. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

That spreadsheet looks great! :D Nice work! :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Len

Excellent teamwork :p

13. choppers

WHAT!......you're letting a small thing like "wife and business partner" come between you and Fantasy Footy......tell me it isn't so..;)

14. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

What if the player isnt christian?
    :p

• Like Like x 1
  15. choppers

You're up Stowie, let's get this show on the road.................:D

16. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Nicely done with the draft thread mate.
    Beautiful slight of hand, its almost as if you weren't doing it. o_O

17. Len

Cut and paste my friend, I just edited the bits that had been resolved :)

18. Len

lol, I was going to send you a message about not being able to help myself :p
    The real issue was how to deal with lists, we found what is hoped will prove an elegant solution

• Like Like x 1
  19. TheTassieHawk

Len I noticed a problem with the spread - it appears that you have missed "Nat Fyfe" in Cell C2!

Seriously - who do we expect to go at Pick 1??

• Like Like x 1
  20. TheTassieHawk

you aren't fooling me Ant - Heard Island are 100% going to pick Christian Salem at Pick 2