Stats pages - Anyone feel like testing :D

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by walesy, Jan 20, 2016.

1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Evening peeps.

Still a couple of dead links (player calc) but if anyone wants to have a swing at the new stats pages, check it here.

http://tooserious.net/forum/stats.php

What works, what doesn't?

What feels clunky?

Cheers guys

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  2. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

looking good. One thing I noticed I tried using the search box on Aaron Hall. Typed his name in hit enter key but no response. Don't know if I'm doing it right or not......but everything else looks good.:thumbsu:

• Like Like x 1
  3. walesy

yeah, I need to wire up the enter button- thank you :D You can click the "apply filter" button and it will use the name :D

4. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

yep, hitting the filter, that works...........:thumbsu:

5. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Seems to be working well on my iPad which is very slow and used to have trouble with the old stats

I have 2 suggestions which may or may not be feasible or useful to others

2 new fields called "floor" and "ceiling" which show the cash gained or lost at the players highest and/or lowest point

Ie if a player starts at 150k and rises to 450k before dropping to 325k by round 23 the current difference is 175k but the peak difference (as at round 23) is 300k. This field means it is easier to identify the years best rookes and stepping stones when doing analysis which would be helpful if we want to step up the content of articles. At the moment I have to sort by ytd movement then dump into excel then do an excel calc of year high $$ less year low $$ which is painful.

2nd it would be great to have another filter which if you are looking at 2010 stats only shows stats for players who are still in the afl today, which is helpful when researching veterans in keeper leagues. Ie "show 2016 players only". That way if I am looking at 2001 stats my list might only be 30 rows long rather than 700.

3rd and related to 2nd it would be good to have an age(as at July 1 of the season??) or date of birth and/or year of debut field, with the ability to filter agin so someone can look at best rucks under 25 or quickly see how old someone was when they tinned up, etc

Perhaps Others might also have similar ideas given their orff* and other keeper/draft league experiences

6. Owen

Owen Well-Known Member

Stats page looks very good, and like the rest of the site runs a whole heap faster. Suggestions:

- In the career tab of a certain player can you have a column for their average that year and maybe their lowest and highest salary?
    - It's probably a pain in the arse, but with the abbreviations in the column headings are you able to have the full title appear when the mouse is hovering above them? Probably not required for people who take it too serious, but there might be those out there who don't know what CP, UP, CM, UM mean
    - in the search box "use the filters on enter a name here" typo?

Other than that, and the obvious missing player calc, it looks better, runs smoother, and is faster on internet explorer 10.

• Like Like x 1
  7. walesy

ok,

1. there's a new tab: Adv. Fantasy with some nifty stuff for you. Just watch out though, there's a bunch of players who I never got around to entering their DOB, thus Age still leaves something to be desired. :D

2. There's no front end for this year, but if you add the following to the end of the URL (but before the #), it will display only active players.

&activeOnly=1

3. As above, but with &age=25 - but I'll need to make that better as it looks like you're after a range of ages?

8. walesy

1. Done
    2. Done (at least for the obscure ones)
    3. done.

Cheers mate!

9. ORFFWizard

ORFFWizard Active Member

Really like the look of it.
    Great job!!!!

10. Owen

Owen Well-Known Member

Jeez that was super quick Walesy. I gotta say I'm looking forward to SC this season more than others: no substitutes, the uncertainty of the bombers rookies and top-up players, and now you've gone and made the site better. Sweet.

• Like Like x 1
  11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Good stuff, Walesy! Easy to navigate and I really like some of the new stuff - the Adv Fantasy tab (and others). :thumbsu:

And the stats look an absolute treat on my phone compared to the old site and it hasn't missed a beat yet. Much more digestible, which is great news for my twice daily train rides! :)

12. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

really happy with the stats page , very easy to navigate and much easy to read than before.

is it just me or is it that members teams have not been uploaded yet?

13. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

on an individual players page is it me or is there a random "games" & "total" column that doesn't make sense.
    For example: G Ablett-stats-fantasy-supercoach : columns are round, pos, name, salary, total, games, movement etc... ????

My suggestion or request too would be on this page to add a column for opposition. i.e. round, name, salary, VS or Opp, points etc etc

14. Owen

Owen Well-Known Member

Yeah that looks a little broken, the total is really cumulative fantasy points but doesn't appear to be correct until round 4 for some reason, and games is cumulative season games. I agree that an opposition column would be handy there.

15. walesy

Not yet. Teams and watchlists will come once I've got the calc page happening. :D

16. walesy

yeah, that's data related. Not sure what happened in the first few rounds of last year.

Gunna need to do a recalc of all the data once I get the DOB's in anyways, so I'll get this picked up in their.

17. walesy

An upcoming opponent tab perhaps, with their vs Opp, @ ground - I'll see what I can do. :D

• Like Like x 2
  18. walesy

Calc page is up- it doesn't do much thus far, cause it's the end of the season and everything is locked in- but when we roll over, should be plenty good to go!

• Like Like x 2
  19. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

cheers walesy - Floor and Ceiling calculations work wonderfully (I can easily see that there were more players rising $150k in 2013 than other years), and if you ever need anyone to enter dob info etc into the system myself and I am sure others too would be happy to step up
    I wasn't able to do the age filter thing - can you (or someone else) please try to do so on your browser then send me the whole link as I think that may solve the problem?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Happy to help also