Rate My Team (RMT) 2016 - Mid February Edition

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 9, 2016.

By Jason on Feb 9, 2016 at 4:23 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The TooSerious tradition that is Rate My Team (RMT) is back in 2016!

Let's set the ground rules for RMT, nice and clear.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

To kick things off, I'll put my current SC team up for discussion. :spoton:

Capture.JPG

Find that value, search hard and follow your instincts!
    Or just tell me I'm dreaming and where I've gone wrong...
    ;)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 9, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. RPritch
      RPritch
      Possibly, but he averaged 100 in 2014 and is priced at his 91.4 average last year which included injuries. Therefore he is very underpriced if he was to have a further breakout year to improve to a 108 ppg ave and at 24 years and 8 months of age as well as 111 AFL games into his career I have a gut feeling he may very well do so. Also would be a real pod with most managers going with your line of thought
      • Like Like x 2
    2. walesy
      walesy
      Not to mention Geelongs hella easy draw. :D

Interesting prospect for sure.
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Grizzles
      Grizzles
      I really like him! Had him in my first draft but he is quite awkwardly priced. Started slow last year and then was just hitting his straps before the leg injury. Capable of those 150+ scores but just wonder with danger now, Guthrie's finish to last season, selwood and even caddy on his day if there are enough points to go around!
      • Like Like x 3
    4. Penske file
      Penske file
      Lion on the ground, like your team however still not sold on Wells and Buddy.
      • Like Like x 1
    5. Lion on the ground
      Lion on the ground
      Thanks penske, im still on the fence with buddy as well, seriously tempted to look at tippett as a ruck fwd with grimley as R3.

Wells is a no brainer in my opinion. Last two years were a blip in a good career with 10 seasons averaging over 19 games and 88 pps. Kicked 4 goals in a half in what sounds like a dominant display, only concern is how he will go playing full games in NAB. LOCK HIM IN IF HE GETS THROUGH FULL NAB CUP.
    6. walesy
      walesy
      My biggest problem with Wells is the following

7 games, @70 over two years. at 31yo.

If he can recapture his old form, he'll be an absolute bargain, but if he does just average 70, then he makes you 80k and costs a trade.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's a 25ppg rise- but it is the classic midprice trap of old.

Of course, the potential 90 average is a big reward for the little risk.
    7. Penske file
      Penske file
      I agree on Wells waiting Nab also. Buddy still NQR according to his to fiancé, I know this is gossip but who got burnt by Mitch Clarke last year? I for one plus Buddy later. Buyer beware!!
    8. Jason
      Jason
      Len, your structure is fairly similar to mine, so obviously I think you've spread your cash around well.

I'm not excited about the Rich pick, think that he doesn't have the same potential upside as someone like KK. Rich has been in the system for what, 7-8 years now? Doubt that he's suddenly going to break out at this stage of his career. SC plodder is what I expect from his scoring again in 2016.

Don't know anything about Wigg, have you heard some good info on him?
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Len
      Len
      I think Rich is low risk, should get 80+ without fuss, a rumored switch to mids makes me hope he can go higher, but is on NAB watch.
      Wigg is another defender rumored to be moving to mids, with some hope of breaking into the team early, unlikely though, he is more there to remind to keep an eye on him for round 1.
    10. Jason
      Jason
      Heard the same thing about Rich before though, not going to be in my team in 2016.

Interesting where you consider the GWS value to be for SC, Shiel and possibly Pickett. I toyed with Shiel a week or so ago myself, but didn't feel comfortable with spending that much on a player I wasn't really sure about. Will need to keep watching him over pre-season, because all this Ablett injury cloud stuff could see (another) re-work of my mid-premiums.

Would probably end up taking Bontempelli over Shiel though. :)
      • Like Like x 1
    11. walesy
      walesy
      I'm a fan of Rich. Very unlikely to drop his average, and a year back from his injury, should be pushing northwards.
      • Like Like x 1
    12. Len
      Len
      lol No doubt, Shiel was first picked for me, I am extremely confident he will go 110+ this year.

I've had the following other giants either in the team, or very likely to be in it at this stage;
      Pickett - Lock to get games this year and cheap for the talent, the concern is how early, and how well he will step up up.
      Ward - Absolute can't go wrong performer, very reliable and consistent scorer, concern is I'm not sure he hasn't reached his ceiling, nor how much extra attention he gets without Treloar around.
      Williams - Probably the most likely giant to breakout and go bang, my structure doesn't support him right now, but I will be still trying to get him in prior to round 1.
      Shaw - Has been in all other versions, had to drop him to get Fyfe in, not a single apparent reason to believe he will decline this year.
      Coniglio - Similar growth trajectory to Shiel and potentially benefits the most SC wise from Treloar leaving.
      Barrett/Hopper/Kennedy - All some hope for games this year, but the reason I took Mills over Hopper in the FF draft is I think Mills will play a lot more games early. Barrett has done everything right and has more miles in the legs, I suspect he will outscore Hopper this year for total points and he is a lot cheaper.

I could probably pump the tires of at least another 10, but these are the guys I feel are most SC relevant, pre NAB.
      • Like Like x 1
    13. walesy
      walesy
      But- will he play more than 15 games?
      • Like Like x 1
    14. Len
      Len
      Nostradamus is that other guy ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    15. kram
      kram
      Malceski is a good example
    16. Ratmata
      Ratmata
      I had Buddy 2 or 3 years ago, he missed crucial games at the end of the year, I eneded up bombing out by about 20 points because of it. Never again
    17. Ratmata
      Ratmata
      team.PNG
      This is my team so far. Dropping Goldy has allowed me to grab Simpson (Duryea), Dahlhaus (Barlow) and Gibbs (Hartung). Still got 88k.
      Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
      • Like Like x 1
    18. Spirio43
      Spirio43
      Hey Ratmata

I like the rance and simpson picks.. been speaking to a couple of the boys who watch carlton training and been saying he is tearing it up (still only preaseason, will see more tonight). However, i think you are a little light on in defence and gone a little too big in the middle.. I suggest possibly downgrading 1 midpricer (gibbs,libba or crouch) in the middle for a rookie with greater scoring potential and add a little depth in the back half.
      Iv had lobbe in and out my side all pre-season but havnt heard good things out of port land so at the moment steering clear.. but from memory he never really has a good pre-season..
      Premos in forward line look great, still questioning dahlhaus but Jason would be able to give info there.. Sucking is a unique pick which could pay off.
      Your structure looks sound i would just focus on the defense a little
    19. walesy
      walesy
      Love the team!

Love the triple rookie backline. Love the mid priced triple header in the mid line.

It's like the perfect mix of my GnR team and Midpriced madness team, taking the best from both worlds. :D

If those picks can step up, and your premiums fire, without a doubt, you'll be in with a crack!

Only real question mark I'd raise is with Simpson- Though I think that's just me being ageist. His numbers are solid as ever.
    20. Len
      Len
      Subject to fitness looks a good side, I'm with walesy on Simpson, Yeo is who I'd swap him for.