Rules discussion: FIXTURE

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by anthak, Feb 21, 2016.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

2. FIXTURE
    2(a) The ORFFF season will be played over 19 AFL rounds, with each team playing each other once each and a 4 week finals series.
    2(b) There will not be any ORFFF rounds scheduled during the 3 AFL multi-bye rounds. This period will be known as the mid season break.
    2(c) No games will be scheduled during 1 other AFL round per season. Which round will be determined at the beginning of each season...
    2(d) Split AFL round - Where matches are held over a 2 week period, there will be a 2 part lockout for the first and second week of the round.
    2(e) Any non-split rounds will be locked out at the beginning of the first match of the AFL Round, except that Matches on Thursday (or opening Anzac round matches on Wednesday) will be locked out at the start of the game, but the remaining games for the rest of the round will be locked out at the beginning of the next game played.

Read more at http://tooserious.net/forum/threads...-discussion.88813/page-12#uHvyVSkxvM2wYgh3.99

2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

All good with this

3. anthak

With this one, I drafted a, b, and c tonight, based on the results of the vote TTH ran which was discussed in the fixture thread.

I didn't come up with a way for how we we determine which round is not used, in (c), because I thought it best to hear ideas from everyone on that - ideas on how to decide each year, not ideas for which round this year...

4. anthak

Also, I reckon we nominate someone to organise the fixtures, maybe even more than 1 person if we think its necessary.

I realise Bearfly is on the job this season. I am happy for the job to stay with Bearfly too, if he is willing.

We could mention the role in the rules...

5. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

I say we decide each January via a poll.
    Have we decided which round we are skipping this yr, if not then we probably need to.

Happy with the rest {2(a) - 2(e)} above.

• Like Like x 1
  6. anthak

nah we haven't decided yet. There were a few suggestions made, but we never decided anything.
    I reckon we wait until March before we work that out for this season, so that we can sort out these underlying rules first.

• Like Like x 1
  7. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

whatever works, just flagging it as it will influence the loading of the fixture for @Bearfly

8. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Quite happy to do it each season mate - just need final decision on which round we are skipping this season so I can finalise this years fixture

9. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

2c should just be the last round every year keeps it simple with fixtures and even better no need for more polls!

• Like Like x 1