Rules discussion: POSITIONS OF POWER

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by anthak, Feb 21, 2016.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

7. POSITIONS OF POWER

7(a) All official positions will be filled for 12 month periods effective from February 1 to January 31 the following year. Official positions are: Commissioner and the Board (made up of the Commissioner and 2 other ORFFF coaches).
    7(b) Positions will be nominated for and filled in January each year.
    7(c) The role of the Commissioner is to regulate and control the operations of the ORFFF. This encompasses making a final ruling, casting a tie breaker vote, ensuring that all coaches have an opportunity to have a say, discussing matters of issue raised in ORFFF with the Board and to ensure the success and enjoyment of the ORFFF for all that are way too serious for fantasy football.
    7(d) The role of the Board is a body of elected or appointed members who jointly oversee the operations of the Outer Regional Fantasy Football Federation known as ORFFF. This encompasses discussing matters of issue raised in ORFFF, proposing a variety of recommendations to those issues for a collective and united solution / decision and assist the Commissioner with ensuring the success and enjoyment of the ORFFF for all that are way too serious for fantasy football.
    7(e) The Commissioner and Board may seek opinions from all ORFFF members on varying issues and this will occur through polls, forum posts, PM's, and emails., as such please advise others of your current email address and check the Too Serious website periodically throughout the offseason.
    7(f) If a team Coach has gone “AWOL” for an extended period the Commissioner and Board will be responsible for making reasonable efforts to make contact with the Coach and making any subsequent decisions regarding the coaches further participation in the ORFFF competition.

Read more at http://tooserious.net/forum/threads...-discussion.88813/page-12#uHvyVSkxvM2wYgh3.99

• Like Like x 2
  2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Good with this

• Like Like x 2
  3. anthak

We could mention other roles in here too, such as Fixturer, and Trading Manager etc

I also think that decisions on whether we boot someone out of the league should be made by the whole group, rather than just the board, such as through a vote of all league members.

We also need to decide how we decide things. ie, when we have a vote pursuant to 7(e), what is a winning percentage/number of votes?
    What do you all think? Or should it be up to the commish to decide based on what the vote is about?

4. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Not sure about mentioning other roles, at least not until we agree on the requirement for said role.
    Obviously someone needs to administer/manage some of this stuff. I'm thinking in the first instance maybe we need to flag what the tasks are and see what (if any) the board is prepared to take on. From there we can throw it out to the masses to stick their hand up to chip in.

Agree that all coaches should have a say on who gets booted out.

Can poll outcomes just be decided on majority wins? So long as a poll has a time frame, then surely the majority vote (compared with the total number of voters) can get the nod. I guess this all relies on Ant abstaining from voting so he can cast the deciding vote if required.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Agree that all coaches should have a say in an important issue such as booting someone out.

Polls should be the way it's done with the majority decision being the method (majority of total votes) - polls of such nature should be up for a week to ensure everyone has opportunity to get online and vote.

• Like Like x 1
  6. anthak

Before we fully knew whether we were starting with comprehensive or minimal rules, i had a vision for the minimal rules option of having a thread where anyone could propose a new rule or a change to the rules, and where we had a defined process for it being endorsed and included to the list of agreed rules. After we decided to have a comprehensive list of rules, i began to think we could have the new/change rule process anyway.

We can all be self organising, especially if we have a framework to allow for it to be easy.

I was thinking to have the thread for people/anyone in the league to post ideas, and then for that person to set up a poll about their proposal for everyone to vote on it. Then if it gets voted in, a designated person could update the rules acordingly.

We would need to firstly decide how we decide. Bearfly and That KI guy have suggested a format in this thread.
    I personally think that for significant decisions such as rule changes and booting someone out of the league, we need much more than half of voters, and even more than half of coaches, but maybe just 9 or 10 would be sufficient.

What do you all think?

I reckon we gotta decide on this (how to make decisions) regardless of my proposal above, so please all let us know your thoughts if you have any.

And then less importantly, let us know if you have any feedback regarding a process being set up for any of us to be able to suggest rule changes/additions at any time.

7. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

8. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

The Laissez-Faire guy is me running this website. :D

• Like Like x 4
  9. anthak

This has been the only proposals put forward re this, so we will go with this, unless of course there are any more late night proposals tonight.

Does anyone think we need a quorum for a significant decision? Say maybe half of league members voting?

10. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Majority rules for mine on these, if you can't be arsed voting your opinion isn't worth shit

• Like Like x 2