Rate My Team 2016: Post-NAB Edition

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2016.

By Jason on Mar 14, 2016 at 4:02 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Where did all the rookie-priced players go?

Petracca, Cuningham, Keays, Mathieson, Collins, Yarran and Brown (WC) were all looking like good things in February and now look highly unlikely to play R1. Looks like it is going to be really hard to find cheap rookies who look likely to play early games in 2016.

Hopefully when R1 teams start to drop, we will see some decent options at bargain-basement prices. If not, we may all need to restructure our teams to accomodate some more $200k+ options.

I've made lots of changes over the last round of NAB challenge matches. I'm not 100% sold on some of them, but this is where my team is currently at.

Libba has left the building. Hello Daniel Wells, welcome aboard. Petracca will hopefully become a different rookie, should one present themselves when R1 teams are named. Otherwise he's not the worst emergency loophole option to use with some of my higher-priced rookies.

Cox > Grimley based mainly on loophole potential. Grimley just doesn't look likely to provide any meaningful coverage. Neither does Cox, but if the Collingwood tall division cops an injury he doesn't look be too far down the pecking order. Not 100% convinced on my R3 though.

Hopefully each of McDonald-Tipungwuit, Davis and Ruggles get elevated prior to R1. Otherwise my structure is in some serious trouble and I'll have to downgrade elsewhere.

Capture.JPG

I've made lots of changes over the last round of NAB challenge matches. I'm not 100% sold on some of them, but this is where my team is currently at.

Libba has left the building. Hello Daniel Wells, welcome aboard.

Petracca will hopefully become a different rookie, should one present themselves when R1 teams are named. Otherwise he's not the worst emergency loophole option to use with some of my higher-priced rookies.

Cox > Grimley based mainly on loophole potential. Grimley just doesn't look likely to provide any meaningful coverage. Neither does Cox, but if the Collingwood tall division cops an injury he doesn't look be too far down the pecking order. Not 100% convinced on my R3 though.

Hopefully each of McDonald-Tipungwuit, Davis and Ruggles get elevated prior to R1. Otherwise my structure is in some serious trouble and I'll have to downgrade elsewhere.

Just as a reminder, the ground rules for RMT are as follows:

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. Jason
      Jason
      A lot of clubs during 2015 didn't even opt to use a player for a hard tag. Those type of players were the exception rather than the rule.
    2. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Jason
      Jason
      • Like Like x 2
    4. GaryReal
      GaryReal
      time will tell ;)
    5. GaryReal
      GaryReal
      I'm seriously thinking about not taking Mitch Brown (Ess). For N.Broad or even Ruggles. It's mainly bc he seems to be improperly used/valued now at ess. First game in he was CHB and scored 100 or so (against CraptonFC). Terrible scores and being thrown forward since then is a concern. But then he may just start R1 in the backline, and be the 70pt scorer many prob thought he'd be...
      Anyone else concerned?
    6. walesy
      walesy
      I'm shocked that the HUN haven't done their own version, stuck up behind the paywall.
    7. walesy
      walesy
      Nah, not overly. Particularly with Leuey coming back into the squad, moving Smack back up forward.
    8. Jason
      Jason
      Righto. Refer attached.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 11
    9. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      I sure am, he was rubbish against WC and looked all at sea, seem to remember Geelong doing something similar rotating him back and forward and the poor lad doesn't know whether he's Arthur or Martha. Heard some whispers that Broad may be unlikely for rnd 1 but have nothing to confirm that. With Thurlow out for the season Ruggles is a great shout if named rnd 1 imo
    10. RPritch
      RPritch
      I'm not sure where the concern about Broad came from, but I've seen it on this site. I think he is a very classy player who should be in our best 22 when we have everyone available (probably just in the side, 19th-22nd selection for that case, but no subs anyway)
    11. walesy
      walesy
      It's funny watching the crowd move sometimes- people get theories, float them on this site- and others, and before you know it, half the comp has dropped Libba and the whole world is on it's head. :D

Back yourself in! :D

I've got no concerns about Broad, he's a mature aged defender with huge endurance who's been given some solid pre-season minutes and should slot straight into the 22. Clubs generally don't draft such players to plonk them in the VFL
      • Like Like x 1
    12. Royboy Forever
      Royboy Forever
      Just in case anyone wants them - I have converted the Supercoach NAB figures to excel and added in the TS name match

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
    13. RPritch
      RPritch
      Don't worry Walesy, I still have Libba too. At the current rate Libba and Broad will end up as POD's on this site! But obviously if Broad is named (which he will be) then he will come back into sides as no one can pick their rookies before rd1 team selection.
    14. GaryReal
      GaryReal
      Which means in defense we have the following very applicable defender rookies:
      Dea, Hartley, MBrown, Mc-Tips (all ess), NBroad, Ruggles, MAdams, and even possibly NNewman... and then there's Weiters.
      A good argument for all onfield rookies to be in the backline... and loaded mids/forwards.
      I don't see why each of these cant average 65+
      Anyone?
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Royboy Forever
      Royboy Forever
      Forgetting Newman as he is the most doubtful - Dea, Hartley, MBrown, Mc-Tips, NBroad, Ruggles, MAdams, and Weiters
      played an average of 84 minutes each over 2.2 games each for a return average for them all of 74.
      65+ sounds achievable.
    16. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      I want to be convinced, I need an F3 but I'm just not sold. GAJ comes in Rd 1 and Prestia R2 still leaves him down the pecking order, if he scores 110 in first game then 80-90 the rest of the season is he worth it? Lonergan and Davis are meant to have more mid time too, there's only so much of the pie that can be taken up.

I can't work out FantasyFreako (and by extension CD). They have their own scoring formula, a fantasy game that uses that same ranking and yet they on DT scoring only throwing SC bones on twitter?

I'm not liking how much red and black is in my team, let alone back line, so it may be a case of Brown v AMT and have someone extra like Ruggles, Broad or Adams.
    17. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Did the HUN release something similar last season with pre-season results with PPM?
    18. GaryReal
      GaryReal
    19. walesy
      walesy
      SC scores where generated by CD and licenced by the hun before the SC DT rivalry was a rivalry.

Meanwhile, CD is owned by the AFL so they have to spruik The AFL fantasy product.

All terribly awkward.
    20. walesy
      walesy
      Yep. There a version posted on here somewhere. Royboy turned it into a csv file for awesomeness.