2016 Previews

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by DamoH, Mar 18, 2016.

1. DamoH

DamoH Well-Known Member

So here they are, a little later and shorter than planned, but thankfully just as inaccurate as previous years.

I wasn't entirely happy with the statistical analysis of last year, so I've gone back to the completely subjective approach of 2014. Realistically I think 5 teams are in with a shout this year, and unfortunately my Smugglers aren't one of them.

So, in alphabetical order, my 2016 previews below (to be released over the next couple of days):

Ararat Armadillos
    I wrote off the Armadillos last year, thinking that @insider had pulled the trade trigger too many times to be competitive. A second place finish after the regular season, with only 4 losses certainly proved me wrong.
    And he’s been heavily involved in the trade period again, moving on some quality and potential in Wallis and Lonergan. However, these losses have been more than compensated for by the arrival of Gibbs (the steal of the trade period), Rich, and Parish in the draft.
    Gibbs adds to the significant depth in the Armadillos midfield, and when combined with Treloar and Steven mean that not many teams will be outpointing Ararat there.
    The loss of D2 Hibberd hurts, and Insider will therefore be relying on Luke McDonald and Adam Tomlinson to get more game-time, as Ararat are now a little light-on down back.
    The forward line is exciting, with the Chad and Dahlhaus the standouts. And as both a Norf fan and FU owner, Insider will be hoping that Wells can rediscover some of his magic.
    Throw in the huge-headed Gawn in the ruck and there aren’t many weaknesses to the Armadillos.
    If they were an AFL team/conclusion: Geelong - after a down year by their own lofty standards in 2015 the addition of a quality midfielder sees them as real contenders.

Bangchang Barcrawlers
    I’m as big a fan of having forward depth as anyone, but the BarCrawlers’ list takes it to a whole new level, with 11 players having forward eligibility. The problem for @choppers is that around half of these guys are borderline/or not best 22 at their clubs. This puts Bangchang in the interesting position that despite having over 40% of their team capable of playing up front, they actually lack depth there. Joey Montagna, and new recruit Sam Gray will provide the bulk of the scoring in that line, with Walters hopefully pushing his scoring closer to a 90 average rather than 80.
    Captain Selwood is the standout of a decent midfield with Gaff, Adams and Newnes the understudies.
    The ruck is a concern though, with Choppers desperately hoping that Big Willy Style can find himself back in favour at the Dogs. Otherwise there will be half-points aplenty coming out of Thailand.
    If they were an AFL team/conclusion: Brisbane – some definite quality in the mids, but there’s not much scoring potential up front. Not the year for the BarCrawlers.

Blanchetown Bunyips
    @martyg went hard in the trade period to secure veterans Mitchell and Swan, as well as the bullocking Ziebell. Unfortunately this boldness was punished by the SC gods with Swan and Ziebell losing forward status. If those 2 slot into the Bunyips forward line, they’re close to flag favourites, but instead they’ll have to settle with merely being a lock for the 8.
    Dependlebury and Robbie Gray make up one of the best 1-2 midfield combinations in the League. While the depth in that line sees a No.1 draft pick in Lachie Whitfield likely to spend most of the season on the bench.
    2014’s Giant tap winner Sam Jacobs is the only playing ruckman at the club, so it’s a good thing that he’s Mr Durable, in the last 4 seasons playing 21, 22, 22 and 21 games.
    Draftee swingmen Brown and Varcoe add much needed depth to Defence and Forward lines that are solid, but not spectacular. But when you have one of the best midfields, overflowing onto your interchange in the FU, other positions are somewhat redundant.
    If they were an AFL team/conclusion: Sydney – a perennial contender who should be there when the whips are cracking in 2016.

Christmas Island Smugglers
    The FU’s best looking coach gave up early picks to strengthen the Smugglers weakest lines of Defence and Ruck, by securing Hodge and Maric. Unfortunately Hodgey then went and irresponsibly lost (I’m not ruling out the involvement of alcohol) Def status. However this paled in comparison to the damage done by WADA, with the Smugglers best midfielder – Dyson Heppell - being rubbed out for 2016.
    The Smugglers have always been a team that have struggled to compete with the better midfields in the FU, so this loss put even more pressure on what has always been CIFC’s strength – the forward line.
    The Smugglers nabbed the steal of the draft in forward Daniel Menzel, who if fit, allows Dusty Martin to spend more time in the midfield. Brett Deledio, Kurt Tippett and Mark LeCras round out the competition’s best forward line.
    Christmas Island will employ a 2 ruck strategy this year, with the Mullet supporting Matty Kreuzer around the stoppages.
    In defence, coach Damo is taking a punt that Trent McKenzie can knuckle down and return to his 2013 form, and so he has first shot at the D4 position. If not, tall timber Jake Lever slots straight in, and Trent will probably be looking for a new home come the MSD.
    If they were an AFL team/conclusion: Richmond - winning a final is the goal. Unfortunately it won’t happen.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
  2. DamoH

DamoH Well-Known Member

Coolgardie Prospectors
    A staunch advocate of the 2 ruck strategy, @JPK will be hoping that the GWS doctors earn their salaries to keep big Mummy on the field in 2016. Having one of Mumford or Stefan Martin on the Interchange is vital for Coolgardie as they don’t bat particularly deep in the mids, so unlike most teams won’t have two mids sitting at I1 and 2.
    However, if all fit, JPK (the Sydney one), Brad Ebert, Ollie Wines and Jaeger O’Meara are an intimidating foursome, with the latter two having the potential to be the elite mids in the FU in the coming years.
    The Prospectors forwards came in for some criticism in my 2014 preview (which I don’t think JPK has forgotten!), and while they’re not world-beaters, there’s been improvement in the depth up front over the years. Petrie and the Hoff are both good for a couple of 130+ games per season (and Petrie a couple of sub 50 ones), which means that if they fire in the same week the Prospectors can beat anyone on their day.
    Unfortunately Coolgardie didn’t escape the WADA banhammer, with D1 Cale Hooker being suspended. JPK’s first pick in the PSD of Bomber Fantasia goes a little way to cover Hooker’s absence (in that at least he’ll get a lot of games), but defenders capable of averaging 90 are not easily replaced in the FU.
    If they were an AFL team/conclusion: Gold Coast – injuries cruelled their 2015 season and as such are a hard one to place. Should be in the hunt for a spot in the lower rungs of the 8.

Cow Bay Crocs
    Had a cracking draft and trade period, picking up some of the best young talent running around in Jacob Hopper, Jesse Lonergan, Ben Keays and Darcy Tucker.
    When you think that the Crocs already have youngsters like Libba, Boyd, Patton, Jeremy Cameron and Jack Martin, it’s obvious that Cow Bay will be a powerhouse in a few years.
    The McCarthy saga hurts this season, but is probably actually a blessing in disguise as his scoring potential improves once at Freo and the Crocs are all about the future. And it’s not like there’s a lack of forwards in the Daintree, with 12 fwd eligible players on the list.
    So there’s bags of potential, but only a couple of rolled-gold A-listers (Libba, Gunston, Cameron) for 2016. Which means that like last year, wins will be hard to come by. However, I’m expecting the Crocs’ improvement to continue, and they should easily exceed the single win recorded in 2015.
    If they were an AFL team/conclusion: Carlton – sorry Fresh, somebody had to be. Although it’s actually not as terrible a comparison as it may appear at first, because while I think both teams will struggle this season, Cow Bay have done a far better job of assembling some quality youngsters, so will jump up the FU ladder far quicker than the Blues will in the AFL.

Eden Whalers
    After missing out the 8 on percentage last year @HOLKY decided that a significant rebuild was required, moving on over a quarter of Eden’s list. Both ends of the ground, rather than the midfield, were the focus in the draft with 2 defs and 3 fwds joining the Whalers. The pick of the new draftees was Zac Williams in Defence, who came home with a wet sail last year, averaging close to 90 and slots straight into the D2 position.
    It’s a well-balanced midfield, Miles and Nathan Jones doing the inside work, with captain Marc Murphy adding some polish. The rapidly improving Jack Crisp should keep experienced draftee Tom Scully on the bench. Although Scully does add some much needed back-up to team with only 6 other midfield eligible players.
    Leuy’s move to Essendon means that the Whalers should have a playing ruck more often than not, which, when your back-up is Cam Wood, is definitely a good thing.
    They’re still heavily reliant on some aging forwards in Pav and Boomer, and Malceski down back, but for a team that was one of the oldest in the FU’s early years, the geriatric feeling has left Eden.
    If they were an AFL team/conclusion: St Kilda – The Whalers were the oldest team in the FU a couple of years ago, but the veterans couldn’t quite win that elusive flag. So now the rebuild is on and progressing nicely. Could snag enough wins to finish 7/8th.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ORFFWizard

ORFFWizard Active Member

Cannot dislike this enough. What a crock of shite...
    My Blues will see a premiership before this Cow Dung....lol
    Might take us seven years but....

4. DamoH

DamoH Well-Known Member

I like the passion Wiz, but in the words of Champion Data "Cartlton might be as far away from a premiership as we have ever seen a team." And "The Blues rebuild is starting from beyond deep"... Only two players on their list under 26 rated above average, two rated below average, while the remainder in the bottom 10% of the league. Cow Bay have a stack more talent than that!

• Like Like x 2
  5. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

This year's team will aim for finals as a minimum :D

6. DamoH

DamoH Well-Known Member

Gisborne Grenades
    @Tomster jumped on the ruck merry-go-round this draft/trade period, with Maric, Witts and Downie all coming/going throughout the off-season.

Maric didn’t suit the age profile of the grenades, so converting him to a younger ruck and picks made a lot of sense. As did the two pick-ups in the PSD of Downie and the highly rated Fiorini. Although both are likely to have limited game time in 2016, they were some great pick-ups to add to Gisborne’s depth.

I really like what Tomster is doing with his forward line, and in particular the acquisition of two future guns in Billings and Steele. Throw in the other Riewoldt and Christensen and that’s a quality line.

The mids are good, without being likely to give anyone nightmares – Tomster will be praying that Lachie Neale’s 2015 was a break-out and not a flash-in-the-pan, as to be competitive the Grenades will need him to be tonning up regularly.

If they were an AFL team/conclusion: Melbourne –improvement definitely taking place, but the 8 is probably beyond them this year.

Groote Eylandt Barracudas
    I’m not easily scared. Like most sane people I’m not a fan of spiders, and the clown from “It” certainly kept a younger DamoH up at nights, but I have new item to add to the list of things that scare me – the Cudas playing squad for 2016.

Reading the list makes you think a salary cap in the FU is a good idea:

The Bont and Cripps in the same team?

That’s unfair.

Hannebery’s there aswell?

That’s got to be a mistake.

Picked up the 2015 no.1 draft pick?

Ok, @YAD69 's a witch. That’s my explanation.

And then you can throw into the midfield Cotchin, Lewis and Guthrie. So there’s 6 100+ averaging midfielders, without breaking a sweat.

The other lines are really good too. Don’t take my word for it – go and look at the team that is much better than yours for yourself.

But let’s not forget that they lost the Island Nations Cup to the Smugglers in 2015 and that’s what really counts.

If they were an AFL team/conclusion: Hawthorn – the reigning premiers are dealing with some departures, but on the whole the team that won in 2015 is intact and a very good chance of going back-to-back.

Hughenden Prairie Dogs

I think @Batfink 's one of those guys who loves standing up at the poker table – regularly going all in. Because in his FU team he has one ruck. Not one “best 22, regularly getting games with a handcuffed backup” ruck, but one solitary player that has the “R” next to their name. Luckily that name is Aaron Sandilands. For the P-dawgs’ sake I hope it’s 2015 or 2014 Aaron Sandilands, because if it’s 2013 (7 games) or 2012 (12 games) Aaron Sandilands then a competitive side could see themselves out of contention pretty quickly.

Which would be a shame, because there is a lot to like about this team. The newly arrived mids of Mills and Oliver are both pure class, and join a midfield packed full of talent – The Shiel(s), Liam and Dylan are both set for big years, while Callan Ward is the definition of consistent.

Breust and the Tomahawk will do most of the scoring forward, with SC flavour of the month Sam Kerridge hoping to nail down the F4 position in a team that bats deep up front.

Yeo will provide the run from half-back, and as someone who has locked him into my SC, I would love to see a big season from the Weagle.

It’s a nicely balanced squad (aside from the ruck situation), with an even spread of fwds, mids and defs, with some good DPPs adding flexibility.

If they were an AFL team/conclusion: Adelaide – heavily reliant on a single ruckman, but should be thereabouts challenging for the 8.

King Island Monarchs

If defence wins premierships then give the flag to the Monarchs now. The sole trade for @Tylo in the off-season saw superstar Jimmy Bartel (and very useful def status) arrive in Bass Strait. He will line up with the game’s most complete KPD in Alex Rance, Matthew Broadbent, and Houli in the FU’s best backline.

Although bizarrely Houli averages 7-10 points less in an even year when compared to an odd one, so the coaching staff might want to reuse last year’s calendar.

Thurlow is a loss to the depth, but that won’t hurt the scoring as much as David Swallow’s injury will. Given Priddis and Scott Thompson’s decline (I think I’ve written that every year and it will come true at some point) this was the year for Swallow to stand up and be counted. His recovery will be a defining factor in King Island’s season.

Otherwise it is business as usual for a team that pumped out some monster scores last year, dominating the H&A season – JJK, Tex and Betts up front, NicNat in the ruck, Boak and NDS running the mids with Priddis and Thompson.

Very nice Tylo, very nice.

If they were an AFL team/conclusion: Freo – unbeatable in the H&A season, fragile come finals. It would not surprise if the coach broke his premiership drought this year though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

@DamoH Mate, your previews are all class! I'm tempted to rebadge the Sandgropers as the Albany Anzacs so I dont have to wait as long for a preview next year ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

super work Damo

9. DamoH

DamoH Well-Known Member

Korumburra Blowflies

They like them flexible in South Gippsland. The Blowflies (flys? – can we get a ruling on that Commish?) have an FU, and I would think ORFFX, low 3 midfielders – Sloane, Freeman and Hartung.

Thankfully there are plenty of F/Ms (Toby Greene being the standout) and the unique M/R beast that is Mark Blicavs to pick up the slack.

And Korumburra is one of the few teams where Blicavs, as the 5th highest scoring ruckman in 2015, isn’t needed in the ruck, because they have the reigning BAFFU champ, Todd Goldstein looking after their clearances. So Mark can run, and run, and then run some more.

Sure, coach @Mick could probably be a little harder with the discipline, as any team with Marley Williams and Toby Greene isn’t going to be mistaken for boy-scouts (although I have heard that since their arrival the Korumburra Middle Hotel’s revenue has increased 300%, so they are giving back to the community in their own way).

However, the Flies aren’t here to make friends, but win games of footy. Something they’ll do a lot in 2016. I just don’t think they’ve quite got the depth to compete with the top 4 or so teams.

If they were an AFL team/conclusion: GWS – lots of talented youngsters? Check. A dominant ruckman? Check. A sense that 2016 is too soon to fulfil their potential? Checkmate.

Nuytsland Vikings

This is a completely different side to the one @bryzza inherited a season ago. And it is a testament to the canny trading and drafting done by the football department since the relocation to Nuytsland that a team that previously couldn’t buy a win was scoring over 1400 by the end of 2015.

The rebuild continued through the 2016 PSD, adding TAC cup guns, Sinclair, McLean and Howe, adding some much needed depth at both ends of the ground.

Picken followed Hanley’s example from last year and lost defender status, which hurts, but there’s enough quality down back in Birchall, Rampe and Roberton so that his loss isn’t fatal.

I suspect that the rule changes (and the fact he’s a better ruckman than Witts) have cemented Grundy into the Pies starting line-up, which is a good thing for the Vikings, as there’s literally no-one else in the rucking cupboard. So fingers crossed he stays fit.

If they were an AFL team/conclusion: Western Bulldogs – The speed of the rebuild in 2015 surprised most, and expect them to keep improving this year. Although they’re not quite at flag contender status yet.

• Like Like x 2
  10. DamoH

DamoH Well-Known Member

Cheers EE. Should be finished tomorrow, so only one more sleep!

I'll give you a spolier though which you might be disappointed with - despite trying hard, I just couldn't compare the Gropers to the Weagles. One of those East Coast teams just seemed to suit your boys more.

11. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

Thank you for your kind words DamoH . Your right this team looks nothing like the one I took over , I'd be happy to make the eight this year like western bulldogs but I've got a funny feeling if my young forwards don't perform we could flop

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

12. DamoH

DamoH Well-Known Member

Pakenham Parasites

I put the kiss of death on the Paky boys last year, something that @ddsaints will be thrilled to know I’m not going to do in 2016. A quiet trade period (EDIT – until the final hours) it was left to delistments and the draft to add some youth to one of the FU’s oldest lists.

But then the list manager, reverted to type in picking up 29y.o veteran Sam Gilbert. Hopefully Slammin Sam will offer more to the Parasites then he did to the Smugglers, where I think he played 3 games.

The strength at Pakenham has always been the quality of the midfield, the weakness (and main reason they haven’t won a flag yet) is the health of the midfield. Unfortunately this run of bad luck looks like continuing, with Dayne Beams already injured, without a return date.

And while we’re on the negatives – the trade with Bangchang, whilst landing some quality young mids, significantly weakened the ruck line, where the Parasites already looked sick. Perhaps DD is stockpiling for next year when his FU high 4 WADA banned players return.

But there are reasons to be hopeful this year – outside of the amazing midfield contingent, the forward line is one of the best in the comp, led by Franklin and Riewoldt (the St. Kilda one) with arguably the most exciting player in the FU, Jesse Hogan, hot on their heels.

If they were an AFL team/conclusion: North Melbourne – An aging side that really needs to secure the flag in the next couple of years.

Pearcedale Panthers

I’ll admit to being one of Pearcedale’s biggest fans, and I see no reason to tear up my membership at this point.

They were another team that couldn’t get a trade over the line in the 2016 pre-season, but swooped to pick up 3 of the highest rated forwards in Burton, Curnow and Rioli in the PSD.

The fact that @TigersTooTough felt comfortable enough in his list to take 3 players who are going to get few, in any, games this year, speaks volumes to the current depth at the Panthers.

The starting midfield of Mundy, Parker, Ellis and Caddy picks itself, partly because they are all SC guns, but mainly because they are the only 4 players on the list who can’t play anywhere else except the midfield.

There are then 7 other mid DPP who will be scattered throughout Pearcedale’s defence and forward lines. The most exciting, Harley Bennell, hopefully for TTT’s sake, will finally reach his potential at a new home, and the rest of us will really enjoy watching him do it.

The defence is led by stalwarts Josh Gibson and the highest scoring defender in the game Heath Shaw, but it’s the current D3 in Kade Kolounpronounceable that will be the one to watch this year, as he steps up to premium SC status.

Lobbe’s pre-season has shown he’s not the best choice to play as lead ruck, but that’s really the sole weakness in the team.

If they were an AFL team/conclusion: West Coast – A definite contender, anything less than a prelim final would be a disappointment.

Serengeti Buffaloes

@wrightbrendan is focussing on the “keeper” part of keeper league, with the second youngest team in the FU. However scrolling down the list one name stands out – Mr Patrick Dangerfield. The guy is good enough to drag the Buffaloes to a few wins by himself this year.

As an aside, and just thinking out loud – what would he be worth in a trade? Because while he’s going to win Serengeti some games now, he’ll be a fading force when the bulk of the Buffaloes are hitting their straps. Could a bold trade for Danger now set up an African dynasty in 4-5 years’ time? I know the Smugglers would be prepared to pay top dollar for him.

(And now that I’ve finished the first trade discussion to ever take place in a season preview, I’ll get back to the review)…

As you would expect from a young team there’s lots of potential, and not many runs on the board.

Dixon, Daniher and McCartin are the talls up front and would intimidate any defence if they can all get on the field at once.

Down back it will be interesting to see if Aish can secure a spot in the Pies best 22 (my SC team currently hopes so). While this is an important year for new arrival Nick Vlastuin, who is a far better player than his 76 average from 2015.

Jack Trengove and Scott Selwood provide the experienced support to Danger in the mids, but it’s the youngsters Dunstan and first year Mathieson who are the real gems.

If they were an AFL team/conclusion: Essendon – Get games into the kids this year. Things will be better in 2017.

Southern Cross Sandgropers

Loves a trade does @eagle_eyed, and that’s why we love him. A huge off-season saw 3 top 10 PSD picks and supercoach royalty in Dane Swan and Jimmy Bartel leave Southern Cross. But the ins of Prestia, Wallis, Darling and Hunter put the ledger well and truly in the Groper’s favour.

The fact that Fyfe calls Southern Cross home means that they can never be discounted in any match, and with Mitch Duncan and Brad Crouch fighting for spots in the midfield with the new arrivals, it’s as deep as any in the FU.

Ryder’s ban hurts, as the Dogs pair of Roughead and Campbell aren’t up to his level. Picking both from the same team reduces the risk of half-points, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Harry Taylor made an appearance in the Groper’s ruck this year.

And in case you were wondering what my biggest FU regret is? It’s trading Jake Stringer to Southern Cross for sweet FA after one season. Enjoy it as he tears the competition apart EE. But in case he has an off day, Rioli and Darling are there to pick up the slack.

If Taylor isn’t needed in the ruck, then he’ll hold down the defence, ably supported by McGovern in the air and the run of Yarran.

If they were an AFL team/conclusion: Collingwood – top shelf midfield, with enough talent in the forwards and backs. On the way up, but 2016 is likely a touch too soon to be eagle-eyeing a flag.

Staghorn Flat Bulls

@tyze1 was unlucky to have new recruit Ryan Griffen miss out on Def status, but at least it did stop the Bulls’ defence from having too much of an OAP feel to it with Mackie, Boyd and Dempster already back there. What they lack in youth they make up for in scoring ability.

However, it meant that further depth was added to a midfield that was already bursting with talent. Captain RockLobster is the standout and regularly wins games off his own back (I should know, he’s towelled up my Smugglers a couple of times) and Tyze has added further experience by bringing in Andrew Swallow to do most of the hard stuff around the ball.

Brad Hill and Lewis Jetta provide the outside run, although neither is guaranteed a start in a midfield that has two number 2 draft picks in Kelly and Coniglio waiting in the wings. Choosing who to leave out of his midfield is a nice problem for Tyze to have.

Things are a little simpler up front, where the GCS’ Lynch and Hall are locks, as well as Blair, but Roughy’s unfortunate injury does create a toss of the coin situation for the F4 spot for the first half of the year.

The rucks are a weakness compared to the rest of the team, but Staghorn certainly aren’t Robinson Crusoe there.

If they were an AFL team/conclusion: Port Adelaide – Can beat anyone on their day, but equally drop games they should win. Not the type of team anyone would feel confident playing a final against.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  13. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

Nice write up @DamoH I don't mind the Collingwood comparison apart from being compared to Collingwood ;) Losing Hurley & Ryder probably killed off any chances this year; the silver lining may be a higher PSD selection for ORFFU 4 2017 when my boys should be having a red hot go! only 2 more sleeps! Can't wait for the real stuff to begin!!!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Batfink

Batfink Well-Known Member

Nice write up, the comparison to Adelaide is about right. The one ruck policy will either work well or cause me issues. We'll know by mid season break when my hunt for a replacement ruck will be on.

15. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

Great write ups @DamoH ! Cheers for all your time and effort. Solid comparison between GWS and Korumburra (We'll officialy stick with Blowflies - the standard pluralisation but Blowlfys is all good too of course haha). I think we might surprise a few people this season. In what is possibly the last roll of the dice for our elder statesman in Enright, Stokes and Stevie J, I expect them to throw everything at this 2016 season.

If the team "larrikin / wild boys" Williams and Greene continue to grow and improve even 5-15% we'll be thereabouts. I'm hoping for similar improvement from youngsters Johannisen, Brayshaw, Lonie, Turner and Cockatoo. Billy Hartung will be the biggest improver on the list with the abolition of the dirty sub rule (kid has elite speed and endurance yet was the most vested player in the comp last year!) Zac Clarke, Wellingham and Nathan Freeman could also make an impact this season if they can mange to avoid any further trampolining / breakdancing injuries and finally get their bodies right.

It's a shame our recruiting staffed almost missed the boat completely on the recent PSD action! Expect some interesting trade proposals / manouvres and some major involvement in the MSD on the road to hopefully a top 4 spot this year.

16. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

Love it, good work Damoh. Here's hoping to a very quick improvement from some of the youngsters this year

17. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Finally got around to reading these. Great work @DamoH
    Its always a pleasure reading season projections and reviews. Its things like this that make the ORFFU so much fun!!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. ORFFWizard

ORFFWizard Active Member

AFL Ladder

AFL Ladder
    P
    W D L % PTS
    1 Nth Melbourne 6 6 0 0 124.90 24
    2 Geelong 6 5 0 1 174.70 20
    3 Sydney 6 5 0 1 144.00 20
    4 Bulldogs 6 4 0 2 155.80 16
    5 GWS Giants 6 4 0 2 140.80 16
    6 West Coast 6 4 0 2 130.40 16
    7 Adelaide 6 4 0 2 122.00 16
    8 Hawthorn 6 4 0 2 91.80 16
    9 Melbourne 6 3 0 3 102.20 12
    10 Gold Coast 6 3 0 3 95.00 12
    11 Port Adelaide 6 3 0 3 89.70 12
    12 St Kilda 6 2 0 4 88.50 8
    13 Collingwood 6 2 0 4 78.60 8
    14 Carlton 6 2 0 4 73.50 8 latest form WW
    15 Richmond 6 1 0 5 74.60 4
    16 Brisbane 6 1 0 5 70.80 4
    17 Essendon 6 1 0 5 61.90 4
    18 Fremantle 6 0 0 6 69.10 0

ORFFU Ladder
    P W D L % PTS
    scrolling down , down , down

we find
    18 Cow Bay Crocs 6 0 0 6 61.80% 0

My Blues are cllimbing the ladder bro.
    Just saying....:p:thumbsu:

Maybe they are the Femantle of this league.
    Never compare my Blues with Cow dung again, thank you very much.

19. DamoH

DamoH Well-Known Member

Only a Carlton fan would be happy with 14th!! :p

• Like Like x 1
  20. ORFFWizard

ORFFWizard Active Member

ha ha ha.

Not happy with it but did not enjoy Cow Bay being rated a better chance of climbing from the bottom quicker.
    Cow Bay need some serious trading done in off season to make head way here. I been actually following their progress for some time.
    Maybe Fresh should hire SOS to be head of Cow Bay recruiting strategy. :p

• Like Like x 1