Rate My Team 2016: Post-NAB Edition

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2016.

By Jason on Mar 14, 2016 at 4:02 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Where did all the rookie-priced players go?

Petracca, Cuningham, Keays, Mathieson, Collins, Yarran and Brown (WC) were all looking like good things in February and now look highly unlikely to play R1. Looks like it is going to be really hard to find cheap rookies who look likely to play early games in 2016.

Hopefully when R1 teams start to drop, we will see some decent options at bargain-basement prices. If not, we may all need to restructure our teams to accomodate some more $200k+ options.

I've made lots of changes over the last round of NAB challenge matches. I'm not 100% sold on some of them, but this is where my team is currently at.

Libba has left the building. Hello Daniel Wells, welcome aboard. Petracca will hopefully become a different rookie, should one present themselves when R1 teams are named. Otherwise he's not the worst emergency loophole option to use with some of my higher-priced rookies.

Cox > Grimley based mainly on loophole potential. Grimley just doesn't look likely to provide any meaningful coverage. Neither does Cox, but if the Collingwood tall division cops an injury he doesn't look be too far down the pecking order. Not 100% convinced on my R3 though.

Hopefully each of McDonald-Tipungwuit, Davis and Ruggles get elevated prior to R1. Otherwise my structure is in some serious trouble and I'll have to downgrade elsewhere.

Capture.JPG

I've made lots of changes over the last round of NAB challenge matches. I'm not 100% sold on some of them, but this is where my team is currently at.

Libba has left the building. Hello Daniel Wells, welcome aboard.

Petracca will hopefully become a different rookie, should one present themselves when R1 teams are named. Otherwise he's not the worst emergency loophole option to use with some of my higher-priced rookies.

Cox > Grimley based mainly on loophole potential. Grimley just doesn't look likely to provide any meaningful coverage. Neither does Cox, but if the Collingwood tall division cops an injury he doesn't look be too far down the pecking order. Not 100% convinced on my R3 though.

Hopefully each of McDonald-Tipungwuit, Davis and Ruggles get elevated prior to R1. Otherwise my structure is in some serious trouble and I'll have to downgrade elsewhere.

Just as a reminder, the ground rules for RMT are as follows:

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. LiQuiD_SiXx
      LiQuiD_SiXx
      Strong midfield! But are you convinced all those rookies will be upgraded for Round 1??

I'm curious to know people's thoughts on how much they are leaving in the bank. I have managed to build a team that I'm really comfortable with and have ONLY $100 in the kitty. Should I play it safe and leave more in the bank in case I need to make early trades?
    2. anthak
      anthak
      My thoughts on leaving $$ in the bank at this stage is to have some up my sleeve for late changes before round 1 locks. I hate being restricted after teams come out and having to make rash decisions due to low funds. Currently Ive got about $90k in the bank.
      • Like Like x 1
    3. surtees
      surtees
      Yes i like the mids, not confident on all rookies but that will have to wait for teams to know what to do. I probably would like a little more cash at hand. I've found from past season it is good to have some cash when hit by early injuries but if you have a bit of luck it 'should' be ok.
    4. walesy
      walesy
      Solid squad- fair few mid-priced risks that might pay off. (Always a gamble though!)

Only one of Davis and MacPherson would be given opportunity though, Trengove won't make R1, and Beech/Gallucci mightn't be up to it.

Gault is an interesting - not sure he'll live up to his price tag to make enough $$- but it only takes one big game.
    5. walesy
      walesy
      I always feel uncomfortable with small $$ in the bank, but have always been of the mindset of picking the best team possible- and dealing with problems *if* they come up! :D
    6. Nick
      Nick
      Solid team mate.
      Lots of risk v.s. reward in that backline. JJ's numbers have been pretty great, however I'm concerned that in the real thing players like him and Tommy Sheridan will get more attention from the opposition than in the NAB.
      Faultless starting mids, interesting the M v.s. B Crouch decision. Maybe get Hewett as a rookie instead of Clarke but who knows at this stage.
      I have the same rucks.
      Solid premo fwds, however I think the on field rookies may need some tweaking.
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Jason
      Jason
      Top price selections look good, no issues with any of your choices there.

Not convinced about either Seedsman and Sheridan but they are certainly popular enough selections. All power to you if they prove to be the goods in 2016.

Suggest you might want to consider Hartley and Davis as potential replacements for some of the guys in your current team. Both looking likely to play R1 at the moment.

Mills > Parish, as others have indicated.
    8. Jason
      Jason
      Good looking team anthak. :thumbsu:

Suggest you could do better than spend $220k on Simpkin and $171k on Curnow. I would expect Anderson to score better than either of these guys. Also suggest you consider dropping Kommer (he's a spud) and move M.Brown to F8 and bring in Hartley.
      • Like Like x 2
    9. Jason
      Jason
      Reasonable looking team.
      Trengove isn't going to play AFL in R1 according to his coach in today's Hun. Wouldn't expect both Davis and MacPherson to play R1 either, Davis more likely of these two. You may need to restructure your MID bench a little, but will depend on how the teams drop on Thursday.

You might want to consider McCarthy over Gallucci, has much better job security for only $30k increase in starting price.
      • Like Like x 1
    10. jamieh
      jamieh
      Fairly solid team all round, my concern is with you defense, Rich and JJ may be up and down frustrating players (one of them will most likely be out of your team before season end) Although there isnt many options down back we may have to wait and see what pans out during the year.

93k is enough for you to make adjustments when teams come out, if you need any more you could start pendles over fyfe and bank 40k..
      CROUCH or POLEC?? same price
      Very solid overall I like it good luck
      • Like Like x 1
    11. danny_mack
      danny_mack
      Here's my current team - still quite a bit of tinkering to do.
      Keen to hear what people think of the likes of Howe from hawks - seemed a shoe in when watching NAB cup but now the doubt is creeping in.

Attached Files:

12. anthak
      anthak
      Hey mate, you should offer some feedback to someone else too. Its good if we are all contributing, especially if we are hoping for advice from others.
      • Like Like x 2
    13. jamieh
      jamieh
      my team for the next 5 minutes, any suggestions, help needed/appreciated
      defense
      A. RANCE, R.LAIRD, T SHERIDAN
      M.DEA, M BROWN, M ADAMS
      M.HARTLEY T.RUGGLES

midfield
      P.DANGERFIELD, S.PENDLEBURY, G.ABLETT, D HANNEBERRY, T.ROCKLIFF
      T.LIBERTORE, C.MILLS, C.OLIVER
      B.KENNEDY, C.MENADUE, B.KEAYS

rucks
      T.GOLDSTEIN, S.JACOBS
      S.GRIMELY

forwards
      D.MARTIN, M.BARLOW, A.HALL, D.WELLS, L McCARTHY, S.KERRIDGE
      N.KOMMER, A.McDONALD TIPPA
      • Like Like x 1
    14. danny_mack
      danny_mack
      Interesting choice in Jack Steele - could be a breakout contender and has potential to slip under a few noses (including mine)

Your mids are very top heavy - 5 in the 600k+ area!
      • Like Like x 1
    15. danny_mack
      danny_mack
      I've had all of DEA/HARTLEY/BROWN in my team at various stage too. it's tempting! I still have q's on DEA - was a good VFL player but he turned the ball over a lot at AFL level when he got games.

I see KOMMER has come into a lot of teams recently.
    16. anthak
      anthak
      very strong team. difficult to fault it. Main issues I can see are with rookies, but you will probably play around with them based on team selection anyway. I could also say that I dont like the picks of Sheridan and Dea, but thats just personal opinion and you should back yourself in with them.
    17. anthak
      anthak
      not bad. a few pods there. Howe will be good, but I dont think he's worth investing that sort of cash on at this stage of his career. You must be expecting big things of Cripps and Wines. I'm wary of Wines. he looked a little underdone in NAB.

Suckling could be good, but questions again, but he aint too expensive compared with potential - I havent seen enough of him at Dogs, so Im not sure his role.
      Could someone let us know about Suckling this year. How's he looking? Decent price considering potential.
    18. Jason
      Jason
      Leppitsch announced today that Schache will debut, but he didn't announce any other Brisbane debutants. Leppa said that he likes to let the new guys know in advance, because it can take them a day or two to adjust to that expectation.

It therefore appears unlikely that Keays will play R1 in my view, in the absence of him being included in the announcement today.

Dunkley is similarly not going to be in the R1 team for the Bulldogs and Yarran is unlikely to be in the R1 team for Fremantle.

Your team looks on the whole to be well balanced and there are no obvious issues with any of your top-priced selections. Personally I won't be choosing Suckling but he is in plenty of teams at this time. I don't think he has enough upside and you'll probably have to spend some $$ upgrading him at some stage before the season ends.
      • Like Like x 1
    19. JC
      JC
      I'd be surprised if Keays got picked this week. He played in the reserves on the weekend and while he went ok, there was no suggestion that he was banging down the door for selection based on that performance.
    20. Morgan2102
      Morgan2102
      Hi guys I'm new to this site a mate told me a bout it and you guys look awesome for SuperCoach talk and footy in general!
      Going to put my team in and promise to comment on other peoples stuff at work right now on my break then will have a good look tonight.

My theory is that most good rookies are in the forward line this year so have loaded up there!

Backs:
      Laird, Bartel, McGovern
      Weitering, Hartley, m brown
      Broad, ruggles
      Mids:
      Danger, Pendles, gaz,
      Shiel, Rockliff, wines,
      B couch, wells
      Polkinghorne, long, Davis
      Ricks:
      Goldy, Gawn
      Grimely
      Forwards:
      Martin, Barlow, de goey
      Kennedy, menedue, kerridge
      Adams, a m t

Not convinced on most mid rookies this year hence none starting on the ground only one a would go with is mills but I think too expensive given what you can get in the forwards for the same price.
      Thanks guys for any feedback.